<1000 1000 New Codex Base Army - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

1000 New Codex Base Army

HQ
    2 Haemonculi w/ 2 agonizers

Elite
    Trueborn x 3 w/ 2 blasters on raider w/ flickerfield

Troop
    Wyches x 7 + hekatrix w/ agonizer on raider w/ flickerfield
    Wyches x 6 + hekatrix w/ agonizer on raider w/ flickerfield
    Warriors x 10 w/ cannon
    Warriors x 10 w/ cannon

Fast
    Hellions x 4 + Hellarch w/ agonizer
    Reavers x 3 w/ heat lance

Total : 999

SO! I've been playing DE for about 6 years (hardly since 5th edition came out) and I just sold off most of my old models seeing the new ones are much more fantastic! Going to start out with just basics for now until all the new models are released, so thats part of the idea here.

This list is very similar to my old lists. Its been a while though, so any criticism would be appreciated. Keep in mind this is just 1000 points.

The Hellions will always start in reserve to cause trouble later on down the road. Depending on mission type I may keep raiders or my reavers in reserve.
    Generally speaking though, soldiers will foot it up the map, taking cover when they can, shooting any close threats. Raiders can hop from cover to cover waiting for the right turn to rush forward.
    The Heamies will be with the wyches giving them FNP, they will obviously be trying to get into close combat. FNP plus a 4+ inv in cc will make them have plenty of staying power, and two agonizers in each unit will make them able to deal with any kind of infantry.
    Trueborn are anti tank. I don't really like the concept much of them as an anti tank boat, seems like they might just be a waste of points. Want to try it out though, see how it works.
    Reavers are antitank, though they can also use their bladevanes as needed and provide distraction. The shock value of jetbikes moving 36" can be entertaining and very distracting from other units moving up the field, and with a 3+ save they can soak a good bit of fire.

Nothing is so critical as I can't lose it. 3 Darklances + reavers for tanks/MC, plus picking off priority targets. Plenty of poison for MCs and any particular kind of troops. Lots of agonizers and very durable wyches to tie things up in CC. Hellions to be awesome and add to shock value, plus more CC ability.

Current thoughts of things to change, drop the trueborn, throw the wyches sails, maybe get another 3 man unit of reavers or pump up wyches more.

Seems like a fun list anyway ;D

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

I AM the Evil Twin! Jared van Kell's Avatar
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    1466 (x8)

Drop the trueborn and increase the size of the wych squads to 10.

JvK
    Basically life sucks, there is only war and you're probably gonna get eaten by Tyranids, have fun.

http://www.threadbombing.com/data/media/2/trek_hmm.gif

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yeah, I ended up droppping the trueborn, pumped up the wyches, and added another identical reaver squad. Playing with the idea of changing the haemie to a ranged weapon so he can be left behind and still be useful if the wyches need to fleet.

Well..and they wych squads I only pumped up to 9 so the Haemes can still fit on with them.

I AM the Evil Twin! Jared van Kell's Avatar
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    1466 (x8)

You ideally want to keep your haemonculi with the warriors as they are more likely to suffer from the depredations of the enemy. Providing you can get your wyches into combat quickly enough their natural abilities should see them get their first pain token and the Feel no Pain.

In small games of 1000 pts your warriors need to be keeping their distance and seizing objectives not plunging straight into the fray as the wyches will unless you are absolutely sure they are going to win.

When you do increase the size of the army considering giving one of the haemonculi a webway portal and puting him in a unit of Incubi (preferably on a Raider of course). Have him get off somewhere, drop the portal then join the first unit that comes out.

There are some really potent combinations for Haemonculi, one really nasty item is the shattershard which comes into its own when combined with a soultrap.

JvK
    Basically life sucks, there is only war and you're probably gonna get eaten by Tyranids, have fun.

http://www.threadbombing.com/data/media/2/trek_hmm.gif

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm used to using my warriors more as decoys than anything else, but I suppose now that they are more deadly you do have a point.

+ Reply to Thread