<2000 2000 points army list, using old models for the new codex - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

2000 points army list, using old models for the new codex

Hi everyone,

Here is a list i've made using our new codex. The aim is to get a powerfull (see competitive list) without taking what's most important in this game after all, the fun. I've taken my old strategy and applied it to the new Dark Eldars, what do you guys think of the following list?

HQ:

Archon: Huskblade, combat drugs, soul trap, shadow field = 145
    this guy is gonna track down any IC the ennemy might have. I was wondering if an Archon with agoniser, drugs and shadowfield would be better (cheaper and quite the same impact in close combat), but the fact that he can have S10 is... amusing ^^.

Haemonculus: Liquifier gun = 60

Haemonculus: Liquifier gun, Venom blade = 65
    Each go into one wych unit, to provide a nice template weapon and a pain token. They can stay alone in the raider to have a nice shooting vehicule (Dark lance + liquifier gun).

ELITES:

6 Inucubi = 132
    Great against elite troops, supprot the archon.
    => Raider: flickerfield = 70

5 Harlequins: Troop Master + 4 kisses = 126
    They use the Venom to get into ennemy lines and bring some havock.

TROOPS:

10 Kabalite warriors: blaster = 105

9 Kabalite warriors: blaster = 96

2 kabalite squads. Impressive fire power. The second squad can host a IC to protect him or them ^^.

10 Kabalite warriors: Dark lance = 115
    => Venom: 2nd splinter canon = 65

Hold on an objective, bring 1 dark lance shot and provide the venom for harlequins, and not so expensive.

9 Wyches: Hekatrix, agoniser = 120

9 Wyches: Hekatrix, agoniser = 120

A bit of offensive power. They are not so strong on their own, but combined with drugs, pain tokens and another unit, they can be pretty mean!

FAST ATTACK:

6 Reaver jet bikes: 2 Heat lances = 156
    2 very mobile melta-like weapon, and if those are lost, they can still fly over the ennemy...

HEAVY SUPPORT:

Ravager: 3 dark lances, flickerfield = 115

Ravager: 3 dark lances, flickerfield = 115

Ravager: 1 dark lance, 2 desintegrator, flickerfield = 115

Ok, I admit 3 is not very subtle, but you've got to admit, they are very cost worthy!

So here is my list, what do you think of it? Any comment, good or bad (especially bad ^^) welcomed and wanted.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I like the idea of the Hammies going with the wyches. It was something I was thinking of doing as well with my wych cult.

One problem I see is you can't take the venom with 10 warriors (the one you were planning on letting your harlies use). You would have to take a raider or drop the unit to 5 strong.

That rule falls under the dedicated transport section. So we cant be like marines and take a razorback with a 10 man squad.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hi

Thinks for taking some of your time to comment on my list.

The idea of the haemons in the wych squad is one of the first I got reading the book. Invul 4+ + FnP, what else? Furious charge? Why not! With him, those girls/guys can get pretty quickly FC, and that might hurt a little...

As for the Venom, I looked in the Rulebook and the only thing they say on dedicated transports is that they cannont be deployed with a unit that they are not dedicated too. I didn't see where there was written that a 10 men squad can't take a 5 men transport. I know it's a little bit stupid, but if it works, why not do it?

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    188 (x4)

there's a rule in the DE codex that says a unit can only buy a transport it can actually fit into, so a unit bigger than 5 models cannot take a venom. Also harlies are rarely worth their points, I'd swap them and their venom for another warrior/wyche squad or a wrack squad if you want some thing different (or drop a couple warriors and get another Incubi unit, really anything besides Harlies).
    Last edited by Bugs_n_Orks; October 28th, 2010 at 18:18.
    The meat things seek to destroy ourselves. They hunt us as we hunt them but they are weak and uncertain. Bring them understanding of the power of ourselves through our strength and their fear. The inferior flesh will be entirely destroyed, all fragments will be smashed. Ourselves will fight to the last, all weak flesh must be consumed

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Just found the rule you're talking about. I guess i missed that detail ^^.

Well i got to rethink a bit my list. The harlies, imho, are worth their cost, even though they are not so easy to use. Sending them in the mist of battle might not be the best thing to do. They are more finisher like unit. If i were to replace them, it would be for another assault squad, but wich one? Another incubi? They do not have nades, so not so good to attack through cover, but worth the cost otherwise.

How about replacing the ten men squad for a 5 men wrack unit. Keep harlies and Venom, but frees some points for something else...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I would break the reavers up into two units of three, one heat lance each. Since you're already bleeding kill points, one more isn't going to hurt, plus it gives you more versatility in where you can fly them, more targets to divide your opponent's fire, and you can shoot at two different targets if you want.

+ Reply to Thread