<2000 1750 List possiblility - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

1750 List possiblility

So I pulled my orks out the other night and decided to try to build a fun but good list to play with my greenies. I am a big marine player, but the fun and fluff of orks just keeps me running back. Anyways back to the topic at hand the list totals out to 1748 I kinda played it out with my marines just to feel some tactics and see how everything works together it seemed to work fairly well and everything supported the roll of something else. Anyways here it is and please post comments or thoughts to help, as they are always appriciated.

HQ- Warboss- bike, BigChoppa, TL shoota---110

FA- Bikers- x11- choppa, slugga/ nob pk, bp---310
    FA- DeffKoptas- x5- TL RokkitLaunchas---225

Troop- Boyz(slugga)- x12- slugga, choppa, bigshoota/ nob pk, bp---117
    Transpo- Trukk x3- bigshoota, rpj---120
    Troop- Boyz(shoota)- x20- shootas, 2xBigShootas/ nob pk, bp---170
    HeavySupport- Battlewagon- deffrolla, 2xBigShootas---125
    Troop- Boyz(slugga)- x27- slugga, choppa, BigShoota, RokkitLauncha/ Nob pk, bp---187
    Troop- Gretchin- x10- blasta/ Runtherd grotprod---45

HeavySupportLooted Wagon- BoomGun---105

The idea behind the build is to have deffkoptas and the boom taking on enemy tanks. Meanwhile I have a large footslogging squad running up the board and three trukks putting orks right into the heart of the enemy. The battlewagon and shootas drive around blasting away, and possibly assisting in the assault if needed. The bikers with the boss will be blowing stuff up and assaulting as needed. The Gretchin are in more for fun and i figure they can hold an objective for me while the enemy is to busy facing a large amount of orks. Thoughts and opinions are always appriciated thanks for looking =).

Ultramarines 12W/7L/2D 4000points Waaagh! Whut 9W/5L/1D 18000points
    Blood Angels Razorspam 2W/1L 2500points Vampire Counts Never played No idea lol!

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    192 (x4)

Hey! Some quick notes!

One thing I've found in my limited experience (about 15 games or so), is if you have 1 of something, such as 1 battlewagon, or 1 looted wagon, it's going to become a primary target, and get wiped out fast.

As such, doubling up on those items usually makes them far more effective, because your opponents anti tank isn't centered on one target.

So I'd drop the boom wagon and add a second battle wagon.

I'd also look into putting a KFF Big mek in one of the wagons, so the wagons and the trukks would get 4+ cover saves against all incoming fire, until you were ready to unleash the trukks on your enemy.

I assume the one group of shoota's is going to stay in the wagon and provide drive bys? If so, I'd plan on putting them in the second wagon (the new one), and just give that wagon a battering ram (for terrain checks). This is because if the deff rolla ram's something, the boyz won't be able to shoot. (Cruising speed). So that wagon will basically be used to dump some slugga boyz out, then run around charging things.

The other wagon will have the 19 shoota's, with a big mek/KFF, with a ram and kannon/rockit and/or big shoota. It'll run support for the other troops staying out of CC range.

Another trick. You still seem to have 1 fast slot available. Consider adding 1 more deffchopta, by itself, in the remaining slot. Use this one as a surprise outflank, or to turboboost (scout move) right in front of the enemy before their turn. I've found a sacrifical deff chopta in the face scares the pants out of most opponents. I had two deffchopta's absorb a 1000 point firing line on turn 1, not allowing a single shot at the rest of my army. The deffchopta died, but it prevented an entire turn of firing vs my trukk's and BW's...easily making up it's points.

So in summary.

1) Drop boom wagon, add second BW with ram/armor plates/kannon/BS or rokkit. Put the KFF Big Mek and shoota boyz in here.
    2) In original wagon, make sure it has grot riggers and armor plates, and at least a big shoota with it's deff rolla. Fill with slugga boyz/nobpk. You need armor plates so the wagon can keep moving 12 each turn, till it dumps the boyz out.

This gives you much more survivability vs ranged anti tank, both because of splitting fire, and because everything (vehicles) now gets a 4+ cover save within 6 inches of the hull of the one BW. (I play vs tau, you need everything you can get)

Just some ideas!
    Last edited by greggles; October 28th, 2010 at 17:00.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks for the great tips ill take a look at my list and see what I can adjust.
    Ultramarines 12W/7L/2D 4000points Waaagh! Whut 9W/5L/1D 18000points
    Blood Angels Razorspam 2W/1L 2500points Vampire Counts Never played No idea lol!

+ Reply to Thread