<2000 1850...Haemi Ancient & Bloodbrides! - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

1850...Haemi Ancient & Bloodbrides!

Haemonculus Ancient -105
    Agonizer, Animus Vitae

9 Bloodbride Hekatrix -247
    3 Razorflails
    Syren with Agnoizer
    Raider with Flickerfield

4 Kabalite Trueborn -173
    4 Blasters
    Venom with 2 Splinter Cannons

4 Kabalite Trueborn -173
    4 Blasters

10 Wracks (Troops) -220
    2 Liquifier Gun
    Sgt Guy with Agonizer
    Raider with Flickerfield

10 Wracks (Troops) -220
    2 Liquifier Gun
    Sgt Guy with Agonizer
    Raider with Flickerfield

5 Warriors -110

5 Warriors -110

3 Reaver Jetbikes -88
    Heat Lance; Cluster Caltrops

3 Reaver Jetbikes -88
    Heat Lance; Cluster Caltrops

Ravager -105
    3 Dark Lances

Ravager -105
    3 Dark Lances

Ravager -105
    3 Dark Lances

Total: 1849

A kind of MSU concept going here, with mutiple smaller lowish-points-value units that provide the enemy with multiple bad choices.

The Ancient starts with, and will probably remain with until killed, the Bloodbrides. I went with the Ancient for the straight up melee ooomph increase...WS5, I5, A3 and the extra Wound make him a stand-out in melee vs. most troops.

I tried using regular Wyches, and found them completely unsatisfactory even when starting with FNP. The Bloodbrides, however, are only a few points more for the extra attack (and access to more Wych Weapons) that make them quite destructive. Nets are probably the better option for tarpitting or taking on 'elite' stuff, but all those razorflail rerolls are irresistable to me.

The Trueborn can zip around in their Venom, or find a nice spot to dig in and deny area to vehicles...nobody's going to want to get with 18" of them, I reckon....while their Venom keeps on zipping and contesting objectives.

The small Warrior squads can linger near an objective away from the action, the Venom taking long-range shots at whatever it wants. Perhaps holding them in reserve for late-game objective claim. Small enough enemy will not want to put fire on them. Can also do shennigans with putting the transport on the table but reserving the troops (if objective within walking distance, anyway).

The Ravagers feel almost obligatory to me, and while I'd like to stick Flickerfields on them, I'm just not able to scrape up the points (I supposed I could drop the cluster caltrops, but I'm addicted to those too).

The bikes are another unit too small for the enemy to want to waste fire on, but they're something he won't want running around uncontested. I hope to use the AP1 fire to get that vehicle that absolutely must die, not just get shaken. I've had great success with the blade vane fly over attacks. These cheap units attract way more fire than they deserve, and with 3+ cover (or at least 4+, as their Skilled Rider allows me to assault-move them in to cover with no fear), they can take it.

The Wracks are Troops, and move up in to the enemy's face right away along with Bloodbrides, Reavers, and Trueborn. They're respectable in Melee, and can drop potentially low-AP templates from their Raiders. I've really enjoyed the times I've rolled the AP2 and killed a handful of terminators.

12 Lance, 8 Blaster, 2 Heat Lance for anti-vehicle (or anti-Anything once the must-die vehicles are gone ); 8 Splinter Cannons on venoms putting out ~16 wounds per turn. A very respectable melee hammer unit. A couple of potent melee troop units with some template action. Some cheap disposable troops to hold objectives. And lots of speed, of course

Thoughts?

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    452 (x8)

Pretty good list, but you're off points, the jetbike squads should be 98, not 88, so you're 19 points over.

The Emperor Protects
    IG Best Gen 1st overall of 10 DE 4th overall of 6
    Eldar 3rd Overall/Best General of 26--2nd Overall/Best General of 7--1st Overall/Best General of 11

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This looks potentially lethal. I'm not sure what the Bloodbrides purpose is supposed be. I would try to find points to put haywire grenades on them so you can assault vehicles too. Maybe removing the agonizer from the acothys aka Sgt Guy (you're already wounding on 4+ and twenty points is too much to pay for a single power weapon). This might give you enough points for flicker fields on your ravagers too. I'm a little weary of all the 3, 4, and 5 man squads. These could turn out to be easy kill points for the opponent. (I count 20 available kill points). Just my thoughts. I haven't even played reavers yet, so I don't know how resilient they are. The 4x blasters in the venom is pretty slick though. Almost a guaranteed glance or pen.

+ Reply to Thread