<2000 First Ork List - More Dakka! - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

First Ork List - More Dakka! (1850)

This is my first attempt at a Dakka List. I want it to be competitive, but I had a hard time fitting all my favorite shiny bitz in so let me know what I need to change (A resounding NO FLASH GITZ is gunna happen, I know it.)

Here it is for an 1850 point limit:

HQ:
    Ghazghkull Thraka

Big Mek
    KFF
    Cybork Body

Truups:
    Shoota Boys (x30 )
    Nob - Boss Pole, PK

Shoota Boys (x30 )
    Nob - Boss Pole, PK

Shoota Boys (x12)
    Nob - Boss Pole, PK
    Trukk

Meganobz (x3)
    Kombi Shoota-Scorcha
    Battlewagon
    Grot Riggers
    Deff Rolla
    Kannon
    Big Shoota

Elites:
    Lootas (x11)

Fast Attack:
    Warbuggy (x1)
    TL Rokkit-Launchas

Warbuggy (x1)
    TL Rokkit-Launchas

Heavy Support:
    Battlewagon
    Big Shoota
    Kannon
    Reinforced Ram

Flash Gits (x5)
    More Dakka
    Ammo Runts (x3)
    Kaptin Badrukk

Total: 1852

I know the Gitz are a huge point sink and kinda go against the Boyz before Toyz mantra, I know that, but I freakin Love Flash Gitz, the whole reason I am collecting Orcs is because of them. So I really want to field them. They ride in the second Wagon naturally.

Any feedback would be lovely... if I must I can be convinced to move points around and what not.

Please don't be shy!

-- Raven

Last edited by Ravenfeld; November 5th, 2010 at 08:10.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ok well..

Since you all have rushed to critique my first list I figured I would simply put down
    another, less gaudy list for you to view.

HQ:
    Warboss - 130
    Mega-armor
    Attack Squig
    Bosspole
    Cybork Body

Big Mek - 95
    KFF
    Cybork Body

Truups:
    Shoota Boyz (x30 ) - 235
    Nob - Bosspole, PK

Shoota Boyz (x30 ) - 235
    Nob - Bosspole, PK

Shoota Boyz (x12) - 152
    Nob - Bosspole, PK
    Trukk

Shoota Boyz (x12) - 152
    Nob - Bosspole, PK
    Trukk

Gretchin (x15) - 55
    Runt Herd

Gretchin (x15) -55
    Runt Herd

Elites:
    Lootas (x10 ) - 150

Burnaz (x10 ) - 150
    Mek x2

Meganobz (x3) - 265
    Kombi-Shoota Scorchas
    Battlewagon - Grot Riggers, Deff Rolla, Kannon, Big Shoota

Fast Attack:
    Warbuggy (x1) - 35
    Twin-Linked Rokkit Launcha

Warbuggy (x1) - 35
    Twin-Linked Rokkit Launcha

Heavy Support:
    Battlewagon (x1) - 105
    Kannon
    Big Shoota

Total: 1849

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    54 (x2)

sorry for the late rewply but I haven't been on for a while.
    I can't really comment on the first list as it is very fluffy so I assume you don't particularly want it to be competitive? As a fluff army list then it is very good and there aren't really any units that don't fit.
    The second army list is a bit strange though. Is it meant to be a tourny list or is it fluffy? I ask this because i don't reallysee any obious themes but nor does it seem to be made particularly competiotive.
    First of all the Hq's are good and I assume that you are going to put the warboss with the meganobs and inn the battlewagon?, if not then you definitely do that. Also on the battlewagon then I would lose the cannon and put on a deffrolla as it is likely to be moving top spoeed with the meganobs and it will be very near the enemy very quickly.
    The thirty man shoota boys seem to make a good second wave but the trukk boys are going to e asaaulting very quickly and will not have time to shoot, so why don't you arm them with choppas for the extra attack?
    Personally i don;t really see the attraction of gretchin, they're just so un-orky! i would get rid of both the units and one of the warbuggies to get another trukk boys unit.
    I would then gat rid of the other warbuggy so you can afford at least a trukk, if not a looted wagon for your burna bys. I find that they are too vulnerable out in the open.
    Finally, i thinkt hat the lootas will be effective so definitely keep them.
    As for your tactics, i would put the kustom force field in with the meganobs and then group your other vehicles around the battlwagon, if possible also get your shoota boys near tjem.
    One your first turn you would basically run forwards with everything that you've got and try to get into combat as faast as possible. The shootas would use a solower advance but pumping as many shots as possible into the weaker enemies. If possible I think that you should buy the shoota mobs as many big shootas as you can.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks for the reply, I actually made an updated list called "Second List - Goldteef's Gitz" Or something along those lines. It is the final product and something I feel will be competitive and fluffy all around. It might not be the best list, but it is the best list for what I want it to be!

Thanks again,
    Raven

+ Reply to Thread