<2000 2000 fun list vs Dark Eldar - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    149 (x3)

2000 fun list vs Dark Eldar

Going to use Veterans day and play several games. (Im a vet and will be playing an active duty Coasty).

He's still obviously learning Dark Eldar, and I'm not looking to beat him up. But this is a perfect opportunity to try out some fun units that I rarley use.

So here goes!

Farseer w/Spear, RoWit, SS, Fortune/Guide (he will hang out with my WarWalkers)

Farseer on Jetbike w/Spear, RoWit, SS, Doom/Fortune/Mind War
    Warlocks on Jetbikes x5. 1x Embolden, the rest Destructor

Striking Scorpions x7 w/Exarch-Claw, Stalker
    Wave Serpent SS, SCannon, ScatterLaser

Dire Avengers x7
    Wave Serpent, SS, SCannon, ScatterLaser

Dire Avengers x7
    Wave Serpent, SS, SCannon, ScatterLaser

Pathfinders x5

Warp Spiders x6 w/Exarch-Dual Spinners, Blades, Withdraw

WarWalkers x3 with dual Scatter Lasers

D-Cannon x3

I know it's a bit all over the place with no real cohesavness. But it's not meant to be competative.

So my idea?
    Pathfinders setup in cover infront of the D-Cannons as a sheild.
    War Walkers also Setup near D-Cannons, and foot Farseer supports both units with guide (WW) and fortune (D-Cannon).

The Scorpions also hang back, perhaps in the WS, perhaps in cover to provide counter assault for the inevitable assault on my Support weapons.

DA's stay in the transports...which will shoot up raiders. Then the DAs get out to mop up.

Warp Spiders...Last game I deep striked them and lost the unit. I will have to play their deployment by ear. But that many S6 shots!.....mmmmmmm

Bike Seer and Warlocks...fortune their turboboost and Destructor the heck out of stuff! I rarely get a chance to use Mind War, so perhaps on his Archon or Lilith...

I love D-Cannons (used them a lot back in 2nd edition). Every time I bring them in 5th, they get shot up right away (as well they should, they be scarey!). Hence all of the other units just to protect them. Certainly not cost effective, but should be fun. Against such a fast army, the 24" range shouldn't be an issue.

I've never used the bike warlocks, just too many points for me. But this should prove to be fun, especially against T3 light armor troops! Pop the raiders with Scatter lasers and wipe up the remaining troops with 4 Destructor templates!

It is very unusual for me NOT to bring a Night Spinner or 2. They are certainly very effective vs Dark Eldar, but I have a feeling the WarWalkers' 24 S6 shots will do just nicely!

This list has a total of 60 S6 shots with 42 of them being 24"+

Last edited by JMichael; November 9th, 2010 at 19:12.
    At the beginning of turn 1, I spray my opponent's army with the bacon flavored spray. Then I unleash my Boston Terrier Squiggoth who then devours their entire bacon flavored army! There is no defense against her cuteness! All are doomed!

+ Reply to Thread