<2000 New 200 Pts list - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

New 200 Pts list

HQ

Hive Tyrant w/ Bonesword & Lashwhip, Armoured Shell, Hive Commander, LE, Paroxysm
    2x Tyrant Guard

ELITES
    2x 3 Hive Guard
    2x Zoanthrops in Mycetic Spore
    TROOPS
    Tervigon w/ Catalyst, Onslaught
    2x 20 Termagants
    2 x10 Hormagaunts
    2x 8 Genestealers w/TS
    3 Warriors w/Venom Cannon
    HEAVY SUPPORT
    Trygon Prime w/Deep Strike, Toxin Sacs

What do you think?

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    344 (x8)

Youve got 8 troops for a start, which is clearly not allowed so thats a major problem

10 hormaguants wont do anything, make them one brood of 20, give them toxin sacs. Also with that setup you really dont want 40 termaguants, make them one brood of 10 and simply use them to get a troops choice tervigon.

Toxin sacs make trygons WORSE, remove them.

Armoured shell is also a poor upgrade, drop it in exchange for upgrades required.
    Your friendly neighbourhood gargantuan creature

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Heirodule View Post
    Youve got 8 troops for a start, which is clearly not allowed so thats a major problem

10 hormaguants wont do anything, make them one brood of 20, give them toxin sacs. Also with that setup you really dont want 40 termaguants, make them one brood of 10 and simply use them to get a troops choice tervigon.

Toxin sacs make trygons WORSE, remove them.

Armoured shell is also a poor upgrade, drop it in exchange for upgrades required.
    well some guy said the toxin sacs with trygon is good for cc, so dont blame me. and what upgrades should i use for tyrant?

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    344 (x8)

Did you maybe think to ask him WHY it was good in CC? Just because some guy tells you something, does not make it true. I could tell you that hitting your models with a hammer will make them roll better in CC, doesnt mean im right

Theres also the thought that you could of worked out for yourself if it was a good upgrade, simply by reading the rules for poision. Anyway point is if you attack a T4 model or less with toxin sacs on a trygon, you have a 75% chance to wound. If you attack without them, you have an 83% chance to wound.

Leave the sacs at home on monstrous creatures

And by upgrades required i didnt mean on the tyant, i meant for things like the Toxin sacs on the guants, or possibly warriors weapons.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Did you maybe think to ask him WHY it was good in CC? Just because some guy tells you something, does not make it true. I could tell you that hitting your models with a hammer will make them roll better in CC, doesnt mean im right

Theres also the thought that you could of worked out for yourself if it was a good upgrade, simply by reading the rules for poision. Anyway point is if you attack a T4 model or less with toxin sacs on a trygon, you have a 75% chance to wound. If you attack without them, you have an 83% chance to wound.

Leave the sacs at home on monstrous creatures

And by upgrades required i didnt mean on the tyant, i meant for things like the Toxin sacs on the guants, or possibly warriors weapons.
    Well what upgrades should I use then?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I don't recall saying that the guy was right by the way.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

344 (x8)

Quote Originally Posted by the_joninator View Post
    I don't recall saying that the guy was right by the way.
    Touche sir

To be honest toxin sacs on the guants are the prioriotry, failing that id consider making one brood of genestealers, without toxin sacs, and with the points you saved there and by removing armoured shell, i recon you could scrape enough for a trygon, or at least a dakkafex.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Touche sir

To be honest toxin sacs on the guants are the prioriotry, failing that id consider making one brood of genestealers, without toxin sacs, and with the points you saved there and by removing armoured shell, i recon you could scrape enough for a trygon, or at least a dakkafex.
    Ok, since I'm crap at making lists, can you tell me what units I should use for anti tank etc So i can get a better understanding of what units should be used. And plus, I don't have to post so much then.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

344 (x8)

Youve got plenty of anti tank already... Tell you what dont take this the wrong way but it will make life a lot easier in the long run if we know...

I remember you saying you havnt actually got the rulebook yet... so do you actually know how armour penetration on vehicles works?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Youve got plenty of anti tank already... Tell you what dont take this the wrong way but it will make life a lot easier in the long run if we know...

I remember you saying you havnt actually got the rulebook yet... so do you actually know how armour penetration on vehicles works?
    I didn't just mean anti tank, if you noticed, I said etc. No, I don't know how armour penetration works. I'm sorry about that, but well, I can't know everything.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast