<3000 2000 pts Casual List - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

2000 pts Casual List

Hey guys, I recently started playing 40k again. I've played nids in 4th edition but haven't had a chance yet to get out and play the updated codex. I've put together a 2000 point list. I'm only missing the Hive Guard and Trygons in this list. Let me know what you think!

Swarmlord
    Tyrant Guards x2 w/ Lash Whips

Tyranid Prime w/ Scything Talons and Deathspitter

Hive Guard x3

Zoanthrope x2 in Mycetic Spore w/ Barbed Strangler

Termagants x14

Termagants x14

Tervigon w/ Toxin Sacs, Adrenal Glands and Catalyst

Hormagaunts x20 w/ Toxin Sacs

Tyranid Warriors x 4 w/ Scything Talons, 3 Deathspitters and Barbed Strangler

Gargoyles x10

Gargoyles x10

Trygon w/ Adrenal Glands

Trygon w/ Adrenal Glands

Comes up to 2000 points on the dot. The Prime will go with the shooty Warriors obviously. Any comments are welcome.

Check out my wargaming blog!

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by entropyle View Post
    Hey guys, I recently started playing 40k again. I've played nids in 4th edition but haven't had a chance yet to get out and play the updated codex. I've put together a 2000 point list. I'm only missing the Hive Guard and Trygons in this list. Let me know what you think!

Swarmlord
    Tyrant Guards x2 w/ Lash Whips

Tyranid Prime w/ Scything Talons and Deathspitter

Hive Guard x3

Zoanthrope x2 in Mycetic Spore w/ Barbed Strangler

Termagants x14

Termagants x14

Tervigon w/ Toxin Sacs, Adrenal Glands and Catalyst

Hormagaunts x20 w/ Toxin Sacs

Tyranid Warriors x 4 w/ Scything Talons, 3 Deathspitters and Barbed Strangler

Gargoyles x10

Gargoyles x10

Trygon w/ Adrenal Glands

Trygon w/ Adrenal Glands

Comes up to 2000 points on the dot. The Prime will go with the shooty Warriors obviously. Any comments are welcome.

I'm not the best guy to say anything but I like it, it looks fun to play. You've got a good amount of anti-tank. I've got a feeling the warriors and the prime will annihilate any thing. What would your tactics be for playing against noe of you mates. ( I presume you play with your mates).

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Most of my friends play Space Marines with a couple Tau and Daemons players. I've always had a rotten time with Tau in the previous codex so I'm anxious to try this list out against them. I'm thinking that the Swarmlord will let my zoanthropes drop down sooner rather than later to pop heavy tanks while the hive gaurd takes care of light vehicles. The gargoyles can be a good screen for the hormagaunts to slide up on a flank, while the termagants and tervigon can plop down on objectives. The warriors and prime would probably be good to advance and clear off my opponents objectives. I'm just not sure if I should have the trygons deep strike or not.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Most of the time i walk my trygons on, if you hold them back at 2000 points (even in casual play) i find that it lets the other player focus fire on just the few MC's on the board and no mater how tough they are, they start droping dead! Starting with all 4 of your MC's on the table is a lot more problems to deal with. But agian it all depends on the table/deployment/mission, but for me 85% of the time they walk on. Nice list by the way it looks like fun.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I kinda figured it would be best to walk the trygons up. Definitely makes more sense to do so, thanks DNIX. Hopefully my mate will be around sometime soon and I can challenge him to a game. I'm also thinking about swapping the hormies out for some genestealers with toxin sacs and have them outflank.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

First I'm thinking the Prime is a waste for two reasons; when he is in with the shooty brood he isn'y doing anything special that a normal warrior couldnt do (beside giving them an one more WS and BS, which idk is really worth the 50pts) and the second thing is that if your in range of the deathspitter then you should be running and ripping stuff up, because that is what Primes do, they annihilate in combat. Give him a pair of BS and he will dummy alot of stuff (but he isnt invincible so pick your battles). The second thing is I don't really use gargoyles but I think that 10 is too few, maybe put them together for one brood, unless you have a major plan for them.
    "I'll have a steak and donut sandwich"
    "Do you want cigarettes on that?"
    "What do I look like? A Mary? Of course I want cigarettes!"

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Reworked the list a little bit based on the suggestions.

Swarmlord - 280 points
    Tyrant Guard x2 - 130 points
    Lash Whips

Tyranid Prime - 110 points
    Scything Talons
    Dual Boneswords
    Adrenal Glands
    Toxin Sacs

Hive Guard x3 - 150 points

Zoanthrope x2 - 175 points
    Mycetic Spore w/ Barbed Strangler

Termagants x14 - 70 points

Termagants x14 - 70 points

Tervigon - 195 points
    Toxin Sacs
    Adrenal Glands
    Catalyst

Genestealers x8 - 136 points
    Toxin Sacs

Tyranid Warriors x3 - 150 points
    Scything Talons
    Dual Boneswords
    Adrenal Glands
    Toxin Sacs

Gargoyles x19 - 114 points

Trygon - 210 points
    Adrenal Glands

Trygon - 210 points
    Adrenal Glands

The genestealers can outflank and reroll which table edge they get due to the Swarmlord. It'd be nice if I could get a tyrant with Hive Commander into the list to throw on the prime/warriors. I'd imagine outlanking in my opponents backfield with that unit would do some damage. Then again there's enough in the list to provide cover saves to them as well. I'm definitely digging the CC warriors and prime rather than the shooty ones for sure.

+ Reply to Thread