Tyranid Army - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Tyranid Army

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Tyranid Army

hi people
    i have a 1000 point force of nids
    with 1 hive tyrant with wings + heavy venom cannon
    14 Genestealers + 1 Broodlord
    14 Genestelers
    23 Gaunts
    24 Gaunts
    Anything else worth adding?
    Cheers

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I might be a bit too new here, ive only actually faught one battle so far with 5ed rules and 5thed nid's but i think the thing you might need most are some hive guard, but truly its really depeneds on what kind of army you are going for and/or what army your facing, also if you dont want to get some hive guard grab a tervigon to support your gaunts.

Oh yeah, there was a great suggestion i read a day or so ago in the fourms, probably from 6 or heriodule but it was a great idea, just use a counter as a subistute for a unit for a battle or two to test it out and see if you like it, that way you dont buy an expensive mini just to find out you dont like it/it wasnt worth it.

anyways have fun

gull

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You definitely want some more ranged anti-armour. Hive Guard, Zoans, Tyrannofexes, Carnifexes (with Brainleech devourers and Heavy Venom Cannons) or Harpies all fit into this category.

As Gulgotha says, use some proxies to see what you like and what fits in with your playing style.
    Oroto ego sum

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

thanks heaps guys
    only thing is, i have 5 carnifexs plus a trygon and a swarmlord for bigger battles, but if i was to use a carnifex in 1000 point game its hard because they are quite expensive points wise, and i have never used zoanthropes before, hive gaurds, tyrannofexes or harpies, but ill give some of them a go

and in regards to your statement Gull, when i created this army i was going for the swarm idea, its actually worked against a friend of mine, he had sisters of battle and it is basically a mechanised army, with 5 tanks, both my genestealer sqauds killed all his tanks in 3 turns, only i lost my hive in the 2nd turn, so yeh, i like the idea of numbers

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    946 (x8)

*moved to the army list section*
    Spambot kill tally. . .337

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

nice work with the tanks, ive used genestealers on tanks before (in 2nd edition) and they got slaughtered =( but anyways if you going for the swarm... id reccomend a tervigon for your gaunts, it peps them up and also spawns more (i think someone did the averages and its like 15 per battle before you get doubles) but yeah making troops better and spawning more for your swarm sounds good to me... im just waiting for a carnifex i got off ebay to arrive before i convert it to my first tervigon.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

yeh i had a look at the tervigon, looks useful, but ill see if i can fit it in with the rest of the swarm and still have enough models for the swarm

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I have made a 1000 point force now
    Hive Tyran + heavy venom cannon
    2 squads of 10 genestealers
    2 squads of 20 gaunts with devourers
    2 zoanthorpes with mycetic spore
    and the Doom of Malan'tai with mycetic spore

+ Reply to Thread