Librarium Online Forums banner

1500pt Eldar combat competitive list

<2000 
602 views 5 replies 4 participants last post by  niraco 
#1 ·
Hi people!
I have been playing a lot of games with eldar which are usually all shooty and now I feel like something different. I have put a lot of thought onto this combat list I have created and making it work. It has been working quite finely for me but I would also like your opinions as well.

Karrandras- 215
Farseer- ROwitness, Spirit stone, Doom, Fortune, ROwitnessing- 155

5 Fire dragons- exarch, firepike, tank hunter- 105
Waveserpent- tl shuriken cannon- 100
8 Striking scorpions- exarch, scorpion claw, shadowstrike- 175
8 Harlequins- 6 kisses, troupemaster, shadowseer- 218

10 Dire avengers- exarch, 2sc, bladestorm- 152
10 storm guardians- 2 flamers, warlock, destructor- 127
5 rangers- pathfinders- 120

3 shining spears- exarch, starlance- 132

total- 1499

Plan
Karrandras would be my trouble shooter. I say this as there is always something in an army that would wipe half my army out if not careful. These units includes lootas and platformed heavy bolters teams from imperial guards. Karandras can usually infiltrate 12" as he is a single model and then get a charge on them first turn.

Fire dragons for some tank hunting support. This was something I had to have as my combat mainly does not have much anti tanks. These dragon IMO are far more better against tanks than 2-3 bright lances.

Scorpions have shadowstrike as karrandras would mainly be running by himself. These are also a good troubleshooting unit as the can infiltrate or outflank into the enemies fireline.
Harlequins are my main unit to charge into heavy armoured units. Termys or marines usually wouldn't get out unscathed if not dead after a charge from harliquins.

Storm guardians are probably the best swarm control in my army. These fellas are going to burn any gaunts or orks which go their way(with the help of doom of course).

Shining spears have a thing in finishing off wounded monsters. These are going to usually charge monsters or heavy armoured units which are wounded which is why I don't take the hit and run item. It is useless since if you don't take down a unit of termies or a carnifex on the charge, whether you like it or not, they are going to get crushed that turn.

So this is my list and my playing method. Please comment on the list,

See less See more
#3 ·
Yeah thats what I thought at first but then I realise that most eldar can't sit on an objective for long other than rangers unlike marines which can just sit there. My army is to take down enemy scoring units and taking objectives in late game other than rangers. I found that this was a more valid option to playing elder IMO.

#5 ·
Have you built this army yet? Or is this just a theoretical list?

Because for a competitive list it's bad. Calling it competitive would imply you intend to fight competitive lists ie wolfwolfwolf of the wolftime or a veteran/chimera spam list.

My recommendation to you right now is drop the harlequins and use the spare points to give your guardians and DireAvengers a waveserpent each. Shining spears have their uses, but these are isolated and should really only be built around MC hunting as I've found their abilities to kill tanks non-existent. Perhaps a jetbike farseer with spear? Then you could fortune/doom and almost certainly kill things, if not from shooting at least on the charge. Remembering that popping a transport during shooting lets you charge the contents, and many s6 PW wounds is hard to just shrug off, especially with doom.

Right now your list has a glaring flaw in the fact you have harlequins. Also you could consider swapping Karandras for Jain Zar as they are largely identical, JZ's cheaper, higher S at initiative and has PW, countercharge and furious assault USR. She can also be placed with the guardian squad (as they aren't aspect warriors, they aren't subject to the restriction) Thus giving her ablative wounds and flamethrower attacks for whittling down any nasty hordes/terminators. Her mask allows her to charge into cover as if she had grenades so always strikes at initiative, may end up reducing enemy initiative to 1 (further bonuses to the guardians) and the list goes on...

For your list Jain Zar works better at every level.

#6 · (Edited)
so how you are going to kill anything that have more than one APC?

And how you are going to survive anything that have more than one gun that goes over 36 inches?

I think i have somewhere my close combat list but it had 5 or 6 serpents with CC squads inside not this bad bad combo.

Later edit:

ah i found it

Farseer, Doom, rune of warding
10 Guardians storm +warlock, 2 x flamers, Enhance
10 Guardians storm +warlock 2 x flamers, Enhance
10 Scorpions, exarch, stalker, biting blade
10 Banshees, exarch, executioner, war shout, acrobatic
4 x Serpent with Missile launchers, spirit stones
Autarch, scorpion chainsword, fusion gun mandiblaster
Wraithlord wraithsword, missile launcher
Wraithlord wraithsword, missile launcher
10 Harlequins, troupe master, shadowseer, kisses for all (except troup master)
3 shining spears, exarch, starlance

And is not by far any competitive but still will stomp your list into the ground. Is 2000 but i can trim the shining spears and some harlies and get it to 1500.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.