<1000 Holidays doubles tournament. 1000pts per player, potentially for money. - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Holidays doubles tournament. 1000pts per player, potentially for money.

This list isn't designed for carrying the team, it is designed to sow discord, generate unrest and generally be a huge pain.

HQ - Karandras (215)

Elites - 10x Scorpions; exarch w/ claw. No powers. (173)
    [Waveserpent; BL; all engines] (180)

Troops - [3x] 6x Pathfinders (144) [432]

1000pts exactly.

General strategy;

Waveserpent is reactive to the situation. If the enemy deploys first the waveserpent will contain Karandras and scorpions. If I get to deploy first Karandras will infiltrate, scorpions will not. Scorpions will be non-committal until end of deployment. Inclusion of clawxarch is to handle any terminators/tough HQs and all standard scorpions are effectively ablative wounds to this end.

Pathfinders will either be arranged symmetrically in an equilateral triangle to the deployment zone of the opponent, they will infiltrate and possibly scout move to give them the containment-field effect. If this isn't feasible then 2:1 policy will be adopted to give bait for melee/commander units which will act as a tarpit for scorpion-flavoured retaliation. Pathfinders primary goals is knocking out transports and pinning HWTs.

I would have liked to have fit a fireprism or nightspinner into the list but upon reflection I'm sure this method I have chosen will allow my partner to more heavily focus on bringing a decent tank and some generalists. If I took a tank it would probably get destroyed on turn 1 due to reputation and the fact it would be stationary. My expensive waveserpent on the otherhand will starengine straight into the throng, unload cargo, then tankshock anything nearby or try to nullify any AV13/14.

Going to be a fun tournament, yessir.

My compiled thoughts blog.
    If someone posts something helpful +rep them

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    168 (x4)

tbh is not a huge pain...more likely a minor irritation (unless they have obliterators or foot termies, then it will anger them to watch them killed by a bunch of cowardly pathfinders)
    Hight elf and Craftworld Eldar army project pics heavy: linky

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

A challenge to you, niraco, the ultra-pessimist that you are; play a game at 1k points with my setup and see how you do, random opponent.

Do that, write a battle-report, then comment.

Danke schön.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

168 (x4)

Yes mom i will do that....oh damn i did it already ..but instead of ultraslow scorpions i took seercouncil and managed to do ok....the fact of slow ass monkeys with T3 gave me a problem....But i was against a CSM list. Against new codexes will not fare so good.

And yeas 3 squads of pathfinders will anger any obliterators, termies owner.....
    Last edited by niraco; November 24th, 2010 at 13:10.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Got something to back that up, champ? Sounds like you talking from a hole in your head, the way you troll everyones threads with your posts that don't make sense.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

168 (x4)

Hmm..i thought i was polite and a little funny. If you want to talk insults that way is your choice.

Your list is crap for the word tournament. Is slow, ignorant to reserves, mech builds, it has 1 serpents (a decent SW list can pack in 1000 points 5 razobacks easily and a lord that will kill karandas on sight; a BA decent list can provide 40 deepstriking marines with FNP that will kill your pathfinders turn 2 and so on...i am not talking about IG).

That is my honest opinnion.

And i can back up my words with arguments. You can back with insults. That say it all. Have a nice day

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

And yet it took an insult to make you say something useful. How sad.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

168 (x4)

And for you as a regular on this site you should know there are several threads with decent list building advices made by people more balanced (eric is first, kaiser is second if i have to point to some) than me and you still came with this list for a tournament. This is real sad tbh.

If you really want a hybrid/foot army there is a single way of doing that and that is a harlie list or an outflanking reserve list. outflankig deny shooting and has the mobility issue cut in half. You need good redundancy in list building here to obtain statistically correct results. As for harlequins they simply deny shooting and ignore terrain in movement that provide opportunities (they have fleet also so they have a 18 inches possible threat range and from 24 inches they cannot be targeted by shooting).

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I have considered exchanging the scorpions for harlequins or banshees and dropping Karandras for a farseer, but this is only really in response to my game in a different thread that was based off the one currently in this thread.

After discussing my main points with a few other people, provided I can disturb the pace of the enemy long enough I should do ok. It is a doubles "tournament" after all.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Its unfortunate, but withou assault ramps or open-top transports Eldar have very poor transport-delivery of assualt units. You're going to have to either sit nearby in a tank or get out of the tank and sit nearby for a turn of shooting before you can assualt. As a result you have absolutely no alpha-strike potential. I would focus on shooting for transported units and any assault will have to ride jetbikes of travel a different way. I may be biased by playing only Mechdar though.
    "She worked her toes into the sand, feeling the tiny delicious pain of the friction of tiny chips of silicon against the tender flesh between her toes. That's life. It hurts, it's dirty, and it feels very, very good." -Orson Scott Card

+ Reply to Thread