<2000 1750pt eldar combat orientated balanced army for tournament - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

1750pt eldar combat orientated balanced army for tournament

Hi,
    This is an armylist which I have been tweaking and changing from the threads I had made before hand. Also I found out the tournament was 1750 and not 1500.

Eldrad- 210
    Lance Jetbike Autarch or Prince Yriel or Karrandras

8 scorpions- exarch, claw, shadowstrike- 175
    5 fire dragons- exarch, pike, tank hunter- 115
    8 harlequins- 6 kiss, troupemaster, shadowseer- 218

10 dire avengers- exarch, 2sc, bladestorm- 152
    waveserpent- Bright lance- 135
    5 pathfinders- 120
    10 storm guardians- 2 flamers, Warlock, destructor- 127
    3 shining spears- exarch starlance- 132

Falcon-shuriken cannon- 120
    Nightspinner or Fire prism- 115

As you can see, I am trying to limit myself to the amount of tanks I have. Never been quite fond of them. Also I am unsure of the HQ im choosing as well as the heavy support as I am not sure which would work more in sync with my list. I really need some advice on changings and tweakings if any to make this list work for an uncheesy tournament standard.

Last edited by eltonsu999; November 28th, 2010 at 22:46.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Very interesting list here sir. I don't know if you can call any list with 2 special characters and under 2000pts "balanced" but that's beside the point.

Troops: I know you're trying to limit the number of tanks you're using but I don't know how effective the storm guardians will be without a transport. If nothing else, the Avengers will be better at hoofing it while the Stormies bring templates to bear. I'd love to hear your experiance with them though as I've been sitting on 10 possible Stormies and haven't gotten around to converting them.

The rest of the troops look ok but I think you might have a little too much variaty. In an army that loves redundancy you've got one unit flying up to 24", one walking a max of 12", and one which will likely move once the entire game. You might have trouble staying coherent.

Heavy: I've got a dillema giving advice here because 1 Fire Prism isn't worth it, you don't need the nightspinner, and Falcons are not my favourite things in the world. If you're taking a Falcon then it should have Holo-field. Otherwise what's the point and take another Prism. Also, you're lacking in anti-tank as it is.

Elite: I love Harlies, and Scorpions but both might be over-doing it. Honestly, I don't know much about combat-oriented Eldar so I'm going to say "nice Dragons" and carry on.

The Rest: I really don't like shining spears in tourney games. If you love 'em then go ahead but if you drop them abd the Autarch then you'll have a mess of points to give your Falcon some upgrades and such.

General thoughts: Combat is HARD with Eldar because most other combat stuff will eat you whole. If I was building a tourney list I would take Yriel with something hard in a transport, Harlies (probably 2 units), and a ton of shooting to back it up. My Eldar are nothing like this so go with your instinct when in doubt and let us know how it went.

Also: Eldrad in a Falcon with Holo-Fields (Fortuned and boosting) is pretty much unkillable. You need get hit, fail a 4++ re-rollable, pen armour, and then roll over 4 on both holo-fielded dice (above average). Also, Ramming stuff with that with Star Engines is hillarious, probably not for tourneys though.
    Last edited by powerclaw; December 1st, 2010 at 15:45. Reason: No its your turn, putting up a tourney list soon :)
    "She worked her toes into the sand, feeling the tiny delicious pain of the friction of tiny chips of silicon against the tender flesh between her toes. That's life. It hurts, it's dirty, and it feels very, very good." -Orson Scott Card

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks for the reply. The tourney starts at january so I have a lot of time to practise. I may have a game today so I would tell you how it goes.

+ Reply to Thread