<2000 1500pts First attempt at a cron army... - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

1500pts First attempt at a cron army...

Necron Lord
    Warscythe
    Resurection Orb

11 Necron Warriors

10 Necron Warriors

10 Necron Warriors

3 Destroyers

10 Scarab Swarms
    Disruption Fields

2 Tomb Spyders

2 Heavy Destroyers

Monolith

I think the general plan would be...

Lord + 11 man warrior unit can pop out through the monolith and put a bit of ranged hurt and CC hurt on people

Monolith & Destroyers put some mobile ranged hurt on enemies

Scarabs...swarm swarm swarm any armoured vehicles - 10 bases = survivability and a higher chance of the disruption fields taking effect

Tomb Spyders can be a bit of a moving fire magnet - and if they are ignored then they can hopefully spawn some scarabs and be a tarpit against enemies.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Welcome to the stasis tombs of the necrons!!!

OK to start off get rid of the heavies and bring in more destroyers. destroyers are amazing, i know from personal experience. next get rid of the eleventh warrior on squad one. maybe if you want make lord a destroyer lord and run around with scarabs. also never bring your warriors into CC, always rapid fire your enemy, it is way more effective than CC, I mean like seriously 20 s4 ap 5 would tear orks apart if you played them anyway. not too familiar with tomb spyders so i'll leave that too someone else. maybe cut down on the 10 scarabs and some additional destroyers. I can't stress enough how amazing they are!!! I always at least bring 5 because 3 s6 ap 4 per model is just amazing in numbers, they harvest enemy's like their nothing!!! if you brought down on tomb spyders, heavies and also a squad of warriors, you might be able to afford a C'tan, (don't know, don't have a codex nearby.) This is just from my experience and it works loads!!!

Good luck on harvesting those souls!!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Okay first off, ThePariah is correct in what he is saying for your army, the one extra warrior won't do anything statistically until the unit reaches a size of about 15 warriors. Second correct point of Pariah's is that destroyers are freaking amazing, tehy can get to strategic positions and fire at whatever then move to the next one. I would drop the scarabs because a thing of destroyers will kill anything they get up agaisnt. The tomb spyders are nice because you can have them all around the board, but never give them the particle projector, it is useless for what they do in combat. Also get rid of the Heavy Destroyers because statistically speaking they will get only 1 hit in for their cost. If you want to field a C'tan, best wishes to you to change your list around or take out everything that was said to be taken out and add one of the two.

For now all I can say is Let the power of the C'tan lead you to VICTORY!!!!!!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Do NOT field a C'tan at 1500 points. Both of them are ****ing expensive and they simply do not worth their points until we reach a higher point level (eg. 2k - 2,5k).
    What I would suggest you as the most effective & solid 1500 necron army list is this:
    Necron Lord with Res Orb and Phase Shifter
    10 Warriors
    10 Warriors
    10 Warriors
    5 Destroyers
    5 Destroyers
    Monolith
    Tomb Spyder

OR you could throw the spyder and the phase shifter and buy a veil of darkness for your lord.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Cheers for the advice guys!

That other list does look good.

However I made swap out the tomb spyder and try and fit in some scarab bases with disruptor fields (I think they could really mess things up potentially)

+ Reply to Thread