<2000 1500 point Eldar - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

1500 point Eldar

Hey,
    I was just wondering how this list would do in a semi-competitive environment as an all comers list. Enjoy

HQ
    Seer Council 438
    1 Farseer w/ singing spear, Fortune, Doom, RoWa, RoWi, SS
    5 Warlocks 1 w/ enhance, 1 destructor

Troops
    8 Dire Avengers 273
    Exarch, dual Shuri. cat., bladestorm
    Wave serpent - TL EML, SS, Star engines

8 Dire Avengers 273

Elites
    5 Howling Banshees 205
    Wave Serpent- TL SC, SS, Star engines

5 Fire Dragons 190
    Wave Serpent- TL SC, SS

Heavy Support
    Fire Prism 115

Total, 1493

My Dice keep me in check

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    194 (x7)

Quote Originally Posted by Titanium Commander View Post
    HQ
    Seer Council 438
    1 Farseer w/ singing spear, Fortune, Doom, RoWa, RoWi, SS
    5 Warlocks 1 w/ enhance, 1 destructor
    This could be worse, I personally dislike Seer Councils but they seem to work for most people, so this is a fairly solid choice. If you were to change it, I'd recommend nuking the Warlocks in favour of another Farseer with Doom and whatever else you want.

Troops
    8 Dire Avengers 273

8 Dire Avengers 273
    A sound core Troops choice, this tends to be what I take in lists up to 1500. You may want to consider losing the Star Engines, bumping the squads up to 10 or replacing the EMLs with Brightlances, depending on how the rest of the list pans out.

Elites
    5 Howling Banshees 205

5 Fire Dragons 190
    Wave Serpent- TL SC, SS
    I'd be tempted to kill the Fire Dragons in favour of another Fire Prism, because one Fire Prism by itself isn't really all that good, but their usefulness is magnified disproportionately when you have 2 or 3. Also 5 Howling Banshees might not be enough; I'd go for 6 at the very minimum, possibly 8. You also want an Exarch for the Banshees, either with Mirrorswords or an Executioner.

Heavy Support
    Fire Prism 115
    As I said above, you want another Prism, for reasons I already mentioned. I'd also put Holofields on both the Prisms with the floating points from the Fire Dragons, to make them a bit more durable.

You don't need to do any of this, I'm just suggesting what I would have instead. Overall, this seems like a fairly solid build, with only a few minor changes needed to make it very good

Cheers,
    ~ DiW

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    168 (x4)

Elites
    5 Howling Banshees 205
    drop those for a second unit of dragons. Kill the star engines. Use the extra points for another unit.
    Hight elf and Craftworld Eldar army project pics heavy: linky

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

194 (x7)

Quote Originally Posted by niraco View Post
    drop those for a second unit of dragons. Kill the star engines. Use the extra points for another unit.
    WHAAAT!! A second unit of Dragons instead of the Banshees?! You need no fire dragons, just have Fire Prisms and Wave Serpents w/Brightlances or EMLs and that will more than suffice for anti-tank. You certainly don't need two units of dragons, keep one if you really have to but personally I don't like them.

~ DiW

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    168 (x4)

DiW, i`m sorry but i do not agree. fire dragons are more versatile and cheaper.
    Hight elf and Craftworld Eldar army project pics heavy: linky

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks for all the comments so far Niraco and DiW, but i'm not going to get into whether unit x is better than unit y, write an article in the eldar section if you feel so strongly. (However niraco, Fire Dragons are the same cost as Banshees) I wanted the unit of Fire Dragons to take out that land Raider reliable so next turn my Seer council would be able to pounce. I have also never used a Fire prism before being new to eldar and was trying to find a fun list that i would want to play that would be semi competitive without wasting a bunch of money on models i might never use again. The Howling Banshees are there to bail out or back up my Seer council incase they get bogged down in CC. I also added Star engines to thier transport so i could be in range turn 2 to assault out of the transport.
    My Dice keep me in check

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

194 (x7)

My main comment on that is that if you want anti-Landraider, you're better off with brightlances, cause it doesn't matter how high the AV is then.

Also I know that you said you wouldn't get into this, but as a final question to Niraco: more versatile and cheaper than what exactly? Howling Banshees? cause if that's what you mean then they fulfil an entirely different role. And they certainly aren't cheaper than Brightlances.

Sorry, I'll stop now.

~ DiW

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    61 (x2)

I never take Brightlances any more as they are just way too expensive. Think about it this way: for brightlances on a serpent you are paying 45 points for a 1 shot weapon. 80 points gets you 5 shots at AP1 with the potential for an extra D6 armor penetration. By my calculations you have about an 8% chance of killing a vehilcle with armor 12 or grater with a brightlance. Obviously you can get plenty of other damage results so its not like you have a 92% chance of doing nothing, but since the point of shooting at a vehicle is to kill it, you're better off paying the extra 35 points to make damn sure. Since you have to pay for the tank either way, you really can only compare the cost of the gun vs the cost of the squad. A second dragon squad also gets some redundancy on your side. If I ever bring only 1 squad to the table my opponent always goes ZOMGFIREDRAGONS!!!! and unloads in them. If this were to happen to you, you'd have no real threats against Land Raiders and the like.

I agree that 1 prism isn't gonna cut it. I find 1 of mine usually gets shaken on any given turn, so it really pays to have 2. I'd consider swapping it for a Nightspinner (which as a barrage weapon can be kept safely out of LoS) or 3 warwalkers with Shuriken cannons. All those S6 shots can be great vs infantry and light transports (DE raiders, rhinos, trukks, side armor on chimeras etc) and with outflank you're certain to get at least a volley off with them.

Not a big fan of the Seer Council. Sure it's really tough, but right now you have a third of your available points invested in 1 unit. Even if your opponent has a hard time killing it off, it can still only be in one place at a time. I'd recommend cutting it and getting some more units on the table. Dropping the council could potentially net you enough points to keep your Banshees and take a second dragon squad.

Here's my recommendation:

HQ
    Farseer with Doom, Runes of Witnessing, and Runes of Warding
    95 pts

Elites
    6 Howling Banshees, exarch with executioner and acrobat
    123 pts
    Wave Serpent with SC and SS
    110 pts

5 Fire Dragons
    80 pts
    110 pts

5 Fire Dragons
    80 pts
    110 pts

Troops
    10 Dire Avengers, exarch with dual catapults and bladestorm
    152 pts
    Wave Serpent with EML and SS
    130 pts

5 Dire Avengers
    60 pts
    130 pts

5 Dire Avengers
    60 pts
    130 pts

Heavy Support
    3 War Walkers with Shuriken Cannons
    120 pts

1500 points exactly. Stick the farseer with the banshees and you have a capable cc unit, even though 6 banshees isn't that great, I'd say it's important to have something that can bail you out in cc. It also has about as good anti tank as you can get in an eldar army at this point level with 2 dragon squads and 3 emls. Our lack of anti-tank is our most serious drawback at this point. I also think it's important to have that extra scoring unit, which has the happy side effect of getting you an extra EML. So you have good anti-tank, and plenty of anti infantry in the form of the DAs, banshees and war walkers.

Hmmm, I'm tempted to try this list out myself now. When's the next 1500 point tourney?

Good luck man!
    The enemy's gate is down

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

194 (x7)

To be fair, I must admit that Brightlances are too expensive to have on all of my tanks. In a 4-Serpent list (1750 pts) I'll run 2 with EMLs and 2 with BLs, in a 3-serpent list I'll run 2 BLs and 1 EML, and 2 serpents I run 1 EML and 1 BL.

~ DiW

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    61 (x2)

This really isn't the place to debate anti-tank options, but anything that draws a lot of firepower (read: fire dragons and prisms) can greatly increase it's life expectancy by having identical units. So I'd say adding either a second dragon squad, or a second prism would be key. And since it's unlikely you'd be able to do both, it would then make sense to drop one in favor of a second of the other. Given the choice between 2 dragons and no prisms or no dragons and 2 prisms, I'd have to give it to the dragons. Seers can be good anti-tank as well, but as I pointed out before it becomes a case of one third of your army's points in one place. I've also become very cautious about using them ever since one tournament where my big, badass seer council with 10 warlocks, a fortuneseer, enhance, and embolden was killed without losing a guy because the squad it was trying to bail out of cc died and they failed their moral check (twice) and got run down. Don't let this happen to you.
    The enemy's gate is down

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast