<2000 1500 point Eldar - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

1500 point Eldar

Hi folks,

I'm trying to get back into 40K after 2 years of immersion in dwarves, elves and all things fantasy and I was leaning towards putting together an Eldar force. I have a "thing" for banshee's and scorpions so I wanted to include both aspect warriors in my army. Anyway, without further ado here goes nowt

HQ

Farseer with Ro Warding, Ro Witnessing, Doom (105pts)

Troops

10 Dire Avengers, Exarch, Bladestorm (247pts)
    Wave Serpent, Shuriken Cannons

10 Dire Avengers, Exarch, Bladestorm (247pts)
    Wave Serpent, Shuriken Cannons

Elites

5 Fire Dragons (225pts)
    Wave Serpent, Bright lances, Spirit Stones

8 Howling Banshees, Exarch, Executioner, Acrobat (285pts)
    Wave Serpent, Missile Launchers, Spirit Stones

6 Striking Scorpions, Exarch, Scorpion Claw (268pts)
    Wave Serpent, Bright Lances, Spirit Stones

Heavy Support

3 warwalkers, 2 Shuriken cannons on each (120pts)

Total points : 1497

Thanks in advance for any advice

Last edited by sharkimus; December 14th, 2010 at 19:13.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I wont go into specifics as im not very experianced but i will give a few points.

On your farseer you have spirit stones which allow you to use a second, distinct power, however you have only taken doom, thus SS is utterly pointless.

You should maybe consider getting SS on some of the vehicles, especially ones with melee troops inside, prevents enemy just stunning and running as it were.

Personally i dont feel comfy with as little dedicated anti-tank as you have, and i would say that with so little anti-tank your gonna have to be very industrious with your shuriken cannons trying to get rear armour shots, and pray that your one squad of dragons doesnt get minced before they take out the likes of land raiders/monoliths.

Other than that i think its got some balls, and its pretty different to lists that usually have 2 prisms at 1500.

Nice 1,

Fuzzy

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hi there,

Thanks for your advice. I actually realised what I had done with my Farseer when I had a quiet moment in work. I got rid of the rather expensive Fire Dragon Exarch and added spirit stones to all the Transports carrying my elites. I also slapped a TL Bright Lance to 2 of the transports to help snipe at armour. Thanks once again for your help

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If i were you I would put those Missile Launchers and Brightlances on the Dire Avenger Wave Serpents as opposed to the Dragons and CC troops. Your elite transports will already by priority target number one, with those heavy weapons even more so. Plus you will likely be going flat-out the first turn or 2 and wont even be able to fire your heavy weapons at that time.

Speaking of heavy weapons, its my personal opinion, but I think Brightlances are way overpriced for what they do. I would be happy with 2 EMLs on the Dire Avenger Serpents and Shuriken Cannons on all your Elite Transports. This would free up some points while still maintaining a decent amount of Anti-Tank. Maybe use the spare points for Spirit Stones on the Avenger Serpents and buffing up the Scorpions? Just my opinion.

+ Reply to Thread