<2000 1500 pt Competetive Assault Army - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    116 (x4)

1500 pt Competetive Assault Army

I've been play testing a few lists, but have only got a few players to regularly test against (Space Wolves, Orks, Tyranids and Tau). I'll be taking one of these lists to the Throne of Skulls in January and would like peoples comments as to waht they think the weaknesses of each are and any ideas to counter them.

Links to other lists:

Wracks and Gun Boats

1500 Competetive Assault List

HQ

Archon 180 pts
    Blast Pistol, Huskblade, Soultrap, Combat Drugs, Phantasm Grenade Launcher, Shadowfield

Haemonculus 80 pts
    Agoniser, Liquifier Gun

Elites

4 Incubi 208 pts
    Klaivex, Demiklaives, Onslaught
    Venom, Splintercannon, Grisly Trophies

9 Trueborn 328 pts
    4 Blasters, 2 Splinter Cannons, 2 Shardcarbines
    Dracon, Blast Pistol, Agoniser, Phantasm Grenade Launcher
    Raider, Flicker Field

Troops

10 Wyches 240 pts (x2) 480 pts
    2 Hydragauntlets
    Hekatrix, Agoniser, Phantasm Grenade Launcher
    Raider, Flicker Field

10 Wracks 220 pts
    2 Liquifier Guns
    Acothyst, Agoniser
    Raider, Flicker Field

Battleplan

The Archon rides with the Incubi, I throw these into combat with an enemy retinue and IC as quickly as possible. Or a monstrous creature if nothing else presents itself.

The Haemonculi rides with the trueborn, the combined damage from their shooting will cripple almost anything and a subsequent assault will be decisive. These guys will charge wraithlords, or anything else for that matter.

The Wyches are used to assault units in cover, the wracks units in the open or to hold objectives.

If the enemy has alot of anti armour weaponry and I am going second I will deploy out of range then go supersonic. If he shoots down my transports near his lines, thats fine by me. If he has lots of armour himself (more than the lances can handle) I will press the Trueborn into service as tank hunters, which they are more than equipped to handle.

Against horde armies I will stay in the transports as long as possible floating around and shooting with the Wracks and Trueborn, the other units will assault the hordes anti armour. Eventually when everything devolves into a massive ruck I'll jump the Wracks and Trueborn off the transports and have them join the fray. The combined fire of the Venom, Wracks and Trueborn/Haemie squad should be enough to deal with hordes in addition to the close combat abilities of the army.

Last edited by karantalsis; December 14th, 2010 at 05:32.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    188 (x4)

I think you've vastly overspent on your 2 HQ/Elite units, just shy of 800 points sitting in 2 baskets.

The incubi are ok but I'd probably drop the demiklaives and onslaught, add 2 more incubi, and then swap the venom for a Raider.

The trueborn seem to be having an identity crisis and as a result are hideously expensive. I'd suggest swapping them for a dedicated CC unit (like bloodbrides/incubi/wracks) and then using the leftover points to pick up a Ravager for fire support, rather than trying to cram both functions into one unit.

Also since wyches come with plasma grenades, why do they have a phantasm launcher?
    The meat things seek to destroy ourselves. They hunt us as we hunt them but they are weak and uncertain. Bring them understanding of the power of ourselves through our strength and their fear. The inferior flesh will be entirely destroyed, all fragments will be smashed. Ourselves will fight to the last, all weak flesh must be consumed

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Not enough troop choices (you should have at least 3 in a 1500 army), for me night shields are more effective than flickerfields, I prefer the agoniser combo on the archon but that is personal preference, the trueborn are to points heavy consider droping this for more troop units, you lack anti tank consider a ravager or 2.

+ Reply to Thread