<2000 1500 Competetive Wracks and Gunboats - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    116 (x4)

1500 Competetive Wracks and Gunboats

I've been play testing a few lists, but have only got a few players to regularly test against (Space Wolves, Orks, Tyranids and Tau). I'll be taking one of these lists to the Throne of Skulls in January and would like peoples comments as to what they think the weaknesses of each are and any ideas to counter them.

Links to other lists:

Assault Army

1500 Competetive Wracks and Gunboats List

HQ

Haemonculus Ancient 135 pts
    Huskblade, Soultrap, Vexator Mask

Elites

9 Mandrakes 145 pts
    Nightfiend

Troops

10 Wracks 220 pts (x2) 440 pts
    2 Liquifier Guns
    Acothyst, Agoniser
    Raider, Flicker Field

10 Kabalite Warriors 195 pts
    Blaster, Splinter Cannon
    Raider, Flicker Field

9 Kabalite Warriors 176 pts
    Blaster
    Raider, Flicker Field

Fast Attack

6 Scourges 191 pts (x2) 382 pts
    2 Heat Lances
    Solarite, Blast Pistol

Battleplan

The Haemonculi rides with the smaller Warrior squad

The Mandrakes outflank to go after artillery emplacements

The Warriors and Wracks close with the enemy, staying on the transports, to rapid fire/flame them.

Scourges deepstrike (against MEQ/Mech) to allow them to atake out vehicles or trouble squads.

The haemonculus will try to join the Mandrakes wehn they arrive (assuming his raider has made it accross to where I am bringing them on) allowing them to Balefire early.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    188 (x4)

I don't see the point of the haemie ancient or his equipment. He doesn't have the WS or I to take on most IC's, and against most MC's if he doesn't roll a lucky 6 to wound he's dead meat since he doesn't have a 2++ back-up plan like most archons. I'd probably demote him to a normal Haemie with an agonizer and liquifier gun. Alternatively if you made room for them in the Wrack raiders you would have the points for 2 of these and then your Wracks would have some serious CC bite (2 agonizers and FC to start the game with).

I also am not a fan of mandrakes but it seems like you have a plan for them so go for it.

The scourges are interesting but for their points you could have 3 ravagers (with retrofire jets if you're intent on DSing) which provide much more reliable anti tank. It's less creative but much more competitive.
    The meat things seek to destroy ourselves. They hunt us as we hunt them but they are weak and uncertain. Bring them understanding of the power of ourselves through our strength and their fear. The inferior flesh will be entirely destroyed, all fragments will be smashed. Ourselves will fight to the last, all weak flesh must be consumed

+ Reply to Thread