<2000 1500 pt w/ harlequins - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

1500 pt w/ harlequins

now ive only played one game with this list and the harlequins did fantastic, the fusion pistols made them much more equitable than incubi, as they killed both a land raider and the blood angels flying transport.

anyway here it is.

archon
    huskblade
    combat drugs
    soultrap
    shadowfield
    wwp

duke sliscus

harlequins (
    2 fusion pistols
    7 harlequin kisses
    shadowseer

kabalite warriors (9)
    shredder
    sybarite
    agonizer
    blast pistol
    raider
    flickerfield
    splinter racks

wyches (9)
    hydra gauntlets
    haywires
    hekatrix
    phantasm grenade launcher
    agoniser
    raider
    flickerfield

kabalite trueborn (5)
    3 shard carbines
    2 splinter cannons
    venom
    splinter cannon

reavers (3)
    heat lance
    cluster caltrops

ravagers (2)
    night shields
    flicker fields

total 1501

so duke starts with trueborn as you may have guessed, he leaves them first turn to join the kabalite warriors raider. the archon is with wyches who deepstrike, all hop out he throws down the wwp the harlequins do whatever they want, they seem pretty versatile, reavers pop out going full out over troops. correct me if im wrong but the harles can assault out of the wwp on turn 1 right? wyches stay in raider as they cant assault after deepstrike. the venom with truborn gets 21 poison shots hitting in 3 wounding on 3 and 12 that hit on 3 wound on 4. lots of shots, ive found this thing puts nids in their place. ravagers have 2 dc and one dl, depending on the army im playin.

ok tear it apart, how can it be better, after being undefeated with my DE for six games i finally lost (well tied, 8 kp each0 to blood angels last night, i did forgot to field my reavers, ooops, so that may have helped (or given him another kp, who knows.) anyway any thoughts would be wonderful, especially regarding harles vs. incubi.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

that face was supposed to be 8 in parenthesis, lol 8 harlequins

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    225 (x6)

I am going to comment on this in reverse,

Quote Originally Posted by thewarriorpoet6 View Post
    so duke starts with trueborn as you may have guessed, he leaves them first turn to join the kabalite warriors raider.
    Why? I believe he can start in either so why start him in one and then the other?

the archon is with wyches who deepstrike, all hop out he throws down the wwp
    This isn’t going to work the way you plan. The Archon is subject to the reserves rule and thus he may not be available until the 4th or 5th turn which means your other reserve units will be entering the game from your board edge. Even if the Archon gets to drop on the 2nd turn (50/50% chance) other units may also be ready on the 2nd turn and would have to arrive from the board edge.

For the best chance for your plan to work the Archon will have to start the game on the table on turn 1 and drop the portal turn 1.

How has this been working for you?

correct me if im wrong but the harles can assault out of the wwp on turn 1 right?
    Correct – but if they are ready to arrive before the wwp is placed I do not think they will be assaulting anything the turn they arrive.

wyches stay in raider as they cant assault after deepstrike.
    The wyches will most likely meet a firey death as the explosion will most likely kill half of them. Flickerfields are nice and they help but do not think that a 33% chance is supposed to make them viable. They are still a floating piñata waiting to be smacked and it won’t be pretty since they will most likely not have FnP to start the game with.

You’d be better off giving the raider Enhanced Aether Sails and just “Flat-outting” them and rolling the 2d6” for additional movement – they will have a 4+ cover save, a flicker field and the sails will put you just about anywhere you want them with no scatter!!! Trust me, getting to place them accurately in 75% of the playing field (from your own board edge) is going to get the wyches where you want them and you won’t have to worry about landing on the enemy or other deepstriking raiders.

However, you are undefeated so you might not want to change anything.
    "On a hunch, I melted them down and inhaled the fumes and read the dark eldar codex again, AND FOUND A BUNCH OF NEW RULES HIDDEN BEHIND THE OTHER WORDS..." [Gardeth on modelling & interpreting the DE Codex]

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

my reserve rolls in past games have been better than probability would indicate my problem with flat outing on turn one is that i cant get out and drop the wwp and my wyches are still going to get a shot down, i guess the 4= cover helps, but still.

duke starts with the trueborn to give them the 3+ poison, the trueborn have 21 splinter shots, the warriors have 14. plus it really throws people off that my tiny little venom seems to be shooting 33 shots a turn. (6 from each sc and the 21 from the truborn)

thanks for the input!

+ Reply to Thread