<2000 1250 Point Eldar List - Based on Battleforce Box Set - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

1250 Point Eldar List - Based on Battleforce Box Set

Hello Everyone,

I'm looking for feedback on a 1250 point starter list for Eldar. I'm sort-of new to 40K though I've played WHF for some time, and played a few original 40K games back in the late 80s. The basis for this list is for friendly, instructional, games amongst a small group, with the potential for facing Space Marines, Tyranids, Orks, and Necrons. I'd like to hear a few options on how to interchange units while keeping the point cost within a 1250-1500 point battle. I'm also buying Fantasy units, so I want to keep 40K costs down without sacrificing the ability to make a competitive tournament list at a later date.

Build Assumptions:
    - I know Eldar are not the best so-called 'starter army' out there. I'm old enough to handle disappointment, and I'm up to the task. I'll have fun anyway; thanks for your concern!

- I already own the Eldar Battleforce, and I'm looking to create a decent, competitive list based on these troops. I'd like to keeps costs down, though this not my major concern. If going to a 1500 pt army would be that much better then I'll consider it, though I'd like to build upon this army. I also already own a Harlequins unit, though I'm resigned to not using these in less in than a 2500 or so point battle.

- I don't quite know all the lingo yet for 40K so please be precise with responses, and forgive my lack of knowledge on acronyms. I really will appreciate this.

- I'm using Army Builder for point costs

HQ:
    Farseer - 1 - 178 pts
    SgSpear, R-Warding, SpStones, Jetbike
    Powers: Doom, Fortune

Troops:
    Guardians - 11 - 128 pts
    10 Guardians
    1 Warlock - SgSpear, Embolden
    WP - SctLsr

Dire Avengers - 11 - 267 pts
    9 DA
    1 Ex - 2xAvg SC, BS
    1 WvSpt - TL SctLsrs

Eilte:
    Howling Banshees - 10 - 286 pts
    8 HB
    1 Ex - Exec, Acro
    1 WvSpt - StrEng, TL ShCn

Fast Attack:
    Warp Spiders - 6 - 164 pts
    5 WS
    1 Ex - SpinRif, WthDrw

Heavy Support:
    War Walker Squad - 3 - 225 pts
    3 War Walkers - SptStns, 2xEML each

Total: 1248

Tactics Assumptions:
    - The Farseer on the Jetbike will generally support the War Walker Squad, but will be mobile enough to support other units, or attack light vehicles on his own with the Singing Spear.

- Guardians can help hold objectives, and with the SctLsr provide some long range support. The Warlock will help them hold objectives.

- Howling Banshees can get into combat fast with the Wave Serpent w/star engines, and it's ShuriCans will help support.

- The DA unit will be provide support to all units.

- The WrpSpid unit will be hit and run, attack from behind, etc.
    - War Walkers with EMLs can provide both infantry and vehicle killing skills, espcially when supported by the Farseer.

Tactical Questions:
    - Is the HB unit better then taking a Scorpions unit in terms of general utility?

- I'm taking 3 War Walkers since I already have one from the BF box, but is this viable instead of taking 2 Fire Prisms? Consider the point cost, the actual cost, and the utility of having 6 EMLs within a 1250 pt army.

-Are the Warp Spiders the best general fast attack unit out there for the point cost?

I appreciate any comments!

SB

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    253 (x7)

Quote Originally Posted by sblount512 View Post
    Hello Everyone,

I'm looking for feedback on a 1250 point starter list for Eldar. I'm sort-of new to 40K though I've played WHF for some time, and played a few original 40K games back in the late 80s. The basis for this list is for friendly, instructional, games amongst a small group, with the potential for facing Space Marines, Tyranids, Orks, and Necrons. I'd like to hear a few options on how to interchange units while keeping the point cost within a 1250-1500 point battle. I'm also buying Fantasy units, so I want to keep 40K costs down without sacrificing the ability to make a competitive tournament list at a later date.

Build Assumptions:
    - I know Eldar are not the best so-called 'starter army' out there. I'm old enough to handle disappointment, and I'm up to the task. I'll have fun anyway; thanks for your concern!

- I already own the Eldar Battleforce, and I'm looking to create a decent, competitive list based on these troops. I'd like to keeps costs down, though this not my major concern. If going to a 1500 pt army would be that much better then I'll consider it, though I'd like to build upon this army. I also already own a Harlequins unit, though I'm resigned to not using these in less in than a 2500 or so point battle.

- I don't quite know all the lingo yet for 40K so please be precise with responses, and forgive my lack of knowledge on acronyms. I really will appreciate this.

- I'm using Army Builder for point costs

HQ:
    Farseer - 1 - 178 pts
    SgSpear, R-Warding, SpStones, Jetbike
    Powers: Doom, Fortune
    He will probably get 1 shotted to instant death, but if he is going to support the war walkers, he definitely needs guide. You'll thank me.
    Troops:
    Guardians - 11 - 128 pts
    10 Guardians
    1 Warlock - SgSpear, Embolden
    WP - SctLsr

Dire Avengers - 11 - 267 pts
    9 DA
    1 Ex - 2xAvg SC, BS
    1 WvSpt - TL SctLsrs
    The DA squad is perfect, the wave serpent needs spirit stones. You'll thank me later.
    Eilte:
    Howling Banshees - 10 - 286 pts
    8 HB
    1 Ex - Exec, Acro
    1 WvSpt - StrEng, TL ShCn
    Perfect, but again the wave serpent needs spirit stones. Star engines are completely optional. THe vehicle is by far fast enough without them.
    Fast Attack:
    Warp Spiders - 6 - 164 pts
    5 WS
    1 Ex - SpinRif, WthDrw
    Take the extra death spinner instead
    Heavy Support:
    War Walker Squad - 3 - 225 pts
    3 War Walkers - SptStns, 2xEML each
    Get rid of the spirit stones, not worth it on these guys given the rules for vehicle squads
    Total: 1248

Tactics Assumptions:
    - The Farseer on the Jetbike will generally support the War Walker Squad, but will be mobile enough to support other units, or attack light vehicles on his own with the Singing Spear.He should probably never venture too far without a screening unit or he will promptly die

- Guardians can help hold objectives, and with the SctLsr provide some long range support. The Warlock will help them hold objectives.
    they will probably die lol
    - Howling Banshees can get into combat fast with the Wave Serpent w/star engines, and it's ShuriCans will help support.
    They need a doomseer on foot attached to them. I suggest dropping the warp spiders to achieve the point costs
    - The DA unit will be provide support to all units.

- The WrpSpid unit will be hit and run, attack from behind, etc.
    .Best used to pop armour in the rear and side
    - War Walkers with EMLs can provide both infantry and vehicle killing skills, espcially when supported by the Farseer.
    With guide they will do so good.
    Tactical Questions:
    - Is the HB unit better then taking a Scorpions unit in terms of general utility?
    I'd say yes
    - I'm taking 3 War Walkers since I already have one from the BF box, but is this viable instead of taking 2 Fire Prisms? Consider the point cost, the actual cost, and the utility of having 6 EMLs within a 1250 pt army.
    its more expensive when you add the guideseer (optional) of course. but i prefer war walkers over prisms. I seem to always missthe str 10 shot when i need it most.... Ive been relying on str 6 weapon spam and fire dragons to break open armour
    -Are the Warp Spiders the best general fast attack unit out there for the point cost?
    well probably, they are very over priced. Vypers are allright, also over priced though. I wouldnt buy a warp spider for the simple fact that they have super old models and are ugly.

I appreciate any comments!

SB
    Have fun!
    Eldar -APOC- 6500 Points
    Chaos Daemons -Fate Crusher- 3500 Points
    Grey knights - 1000 Points

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    168 (x4)

Eldar battleforce list? That is almost opposite to competitive term but let`s try to make a decent one.

You have 10 guardians 1 platform 1 walker 5 avengers and 1 serpent.
    Defenders are useless in competitive terms so we`ll convert them either in avengers or storm guardians.

You need antitank and antiinfantry.

1 Farseer (HQ) @ 98 Pts
    Runes of Warding; Doom Singing Spear

5 Dire Avengers (Troops) @ 190 Pts
    1 Wave Serpent @ [130] Pts
    Spirit Stones TL Missile Launchers

10 Guardian Storm Squad (Troops) @ 257 Pts
    Flamer (x2) 1 Warlock Destructor
    1 Wave Serpent @ [130] Pts
    Spirit Stones TL Missile Launchers

2 War Walker (Heavy Support) @ 80 Pts
    Left Shuriken Cannon (x2) Right Shuriken Cannon (x2)

5 Fire Dragons (Elites) @ 190 Pts
    1 Wave Serpent @ [110] Pts
    Spirit Stones TL Shuriken Cannon

7 Howling Banshees (Elites) @ 244 Pts
    Exarch Executioner

5 Fire Dragons (Elites) @ 190 Pts

Have fun
    Hight elf and Craftworld Eldar army project pics heavy: linky

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Give the Conceal ability to your Warlock if you want your Guardians to have a chance to survive.

About the WS:

1)If you want to play hit & run tactic with them (something that I do NOT think it will work), give the exarch the power blades in order to get some kills and not die from combat resolution! (I know they have 9LD but with one PW the enemy can easily get 2-3 kills).

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    39 (x2)

Quote Originally Posted by TheNightbringer View Post
    Give the Conceal ability to your Warlock if you want your Guardians to have a chance to survive.
    Ever heard of Cover? I know walking right into the fmiddle of open ground of firefight, all cool and all guns blazing may be too awesome to resist... but it does buy you those few points and other psipower (like Embolden) and does the work better...

+ Reply to Thread