<2000 1500 Pts Just For Fun - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

1500 Pts Just For Fun

So I'm returning to 40K after about a 6 month absense and decided to retire my Chaos Space Marines for the moment. I haven't played Tyranids since around 3rd edition, so I'm just putting this list together to have fun with at my local gamestore and play with some of the new units as well. It seems like a pretty standard list to me, but I figured I would get some input on it as well.

HQ
    Hive Tyrant = 230 pts
    +2x Scything Talons
    +Wings

ELITES
    3x Hive Guard = 150

TROOPS
    Tervigon = 170
    +Toxin Sacs

Tervigon = 170
    +Toxin Sacs

18x Termagants = 90

18x Termagants = 90

15x Hormagaunts = 120
    +Toxin Sacs

15x Hormagaunts = 120
    +Toxin Sacs

FAST ATTACK
    20x Gargoyles = 120

HEAVY SUPPORT
    Trygon Prime = 240

Pretty basic strategy here. Gargoyles screen for the Hive Tyrant as she goes in to sow death and despair. Hive Guard takes down heavy infantry and vehicles. Gaunts screen for the Tervigons, while the Trygon causes mayhem and fills in any gaps in the Synaps coverage. Seems pretty solid to me, but sometimes there is a huge downfall I don't see, so any opinions would be very much appreciated.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    344 (x8)

Its not a bad list, but i see two problems. The first, what exactly do you expect your termaguants to do? The idea is there, but you need adrenal glands and catalyst too.

Secondly you might find anti tank a bit of a struggle. Id recogmend loosing 10 of the hormaguants, merging the remaining 5, then cutting out the gargoyles. They'll really struggle to screen effectivly, and do more harm than good. Hopefully that will give you enough for another 3 hive guard.
    Your friendly neighbourhood gargantuan creature

Senior Member Hive Fleet Macarbe's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    128 (x3)

At that point level you want at least 5 hive guards, so I second Heirodules recommendation, but I wouldnt put 6. Its a bit overkill at that level stick with 5 and spend the other 50 points on more gaunts.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ok, so I took your guys' advice and made a few modifications. I chopped the Hormagaunts down to a single 20 gaunt brood, reduced the Gargoyles to 10 (I just want to use the models), added another 2 Hive Guard brood, upped the Termagants to 20 man broods and gave my Tervigons Adrenal Glands. As far as my plan for the gaunts, I don't really have one. I was just going to kind of wing it when I hit the table.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    344 (x8)

Your still missing catalyst! Get that on there and your away.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ah, I forgot about Catalyst. I'll just shave off 30 points somewhere and add it in, or run without it and see what happens. But having 2 broods per turn under the Feel No Pain Rule will probably more than make up for that 30 point loss if gaunts. Thanks for the input guys, this list should be lots of fun!
    Last edited by Demongene; January 1st, 2011 at 18:05.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

And here's the list I decided to go with. Ended up replacing the Gargoyle brood with some of my old Zoanthrope models I found. I'll just have to build another list around my Gargoyles so I can use my models.

HQ
    Hive Tyrant = 230 pts
    +2x Scything Talons (or BoneSword & Whiplash, can't decide)
    +Wings

ELITES
    3x Hive Guard = 150

2x Hive Guard = 100

2x Zoanthropes = 120

TROOPS
    Tervigon = 195
    +Toxin Sacs
    +Adrenal Glands
    +Catalyst

Tervigon = 195
    +Toxin Sacs
    +Adrenal Glands
    +Catalyst

15x Termagants = 75

15x Termagants = 75

15x Hormagaunts = 120
    +Toxin Sacs

HEAVY SUPPORT
    Trygon Prime = 240

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

344 (x8)

Dont bother with the Lash and Bone, otherwise its all good.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ok, so screw the Bonesword and Whip, got it. And I wasn't sure if the Zoanthropes would help out or not, but I've always loved using them in the past. I also used to use Biovores allot too, but I didn't look into seeing how they would fit. If the Thropes don't work out, I'll just drop them in favor of another Hormagaunt brood.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

344 (x8)

The thropes will come in very handy if you come across land raiders or the like.... oh one thing, get them a mycetic spore. Good luck!!

+ Reply to Thread