>3000 2000pts first try - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    421 (x8)

2000pts first try

Hi i'm thinking about getting dark eldar as my next 40k army, can anyone tell me whether this list is any good or not, i'd like to put in some mandrakes or wracks but I can't decide what to take out.

HQ
    Archon with huskblade and shadowfield 125pts

The court of the archon

2 Lhamaeans, 2 medusae, 3 ur-ghul and 2 sslyth 165pts

Raider with disintergrator cannon, flickerfields and enhanced aethersails 75pts

Troops
    10 Wyches with 2 razorflails and a hekatrix with agoniser 150pts

Raider with dark lance, flickerfields and enhanced aethersails 75pts

10 Wyches with 2 hydra gauntlets and a hekatrix with agoniser 150pts

Raider with dark lance, flickerfields and enhanced aetherisails 75pts

10 Kalabite Warriors with a splinter cannon and a syrabite with agoniser 130pts

Raider with disintergrator cannon, flickerfield and splinter racks 80pts

10 Kalabite Warriors with a dark lance and a syrabite with agoniser 155pts

Fast Attack
    6 Reavers with 2 heat lances, 2 cluster caltrops and an arena champion 206pts

10 Scourges with 4 shredders and a solarite 250pts

Heavy Support
    Ravager with dark lances and flickerfields 115pts

Ravager with disintergrator cannons and flickerfields 115pts

Talos Pain Engine with chain-flails and additional close combat weapon 125pts

1996pts

Comments and thoughts welcome.

Last edited by The Silent One; January 23rd, 2011 at 21:41.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    421 (x8)

Please reply

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

I modified the list see what you think of it...

HQ Archon + blaster + venom blade
    Court of the Archon: 2 medusae + 1 Lhamaeans + 1 ssyth + 5 Ur-Ghuls
    + raider

HQ: 3 haemonculi(1 has shattershard) all 3 have liquifier guns

T: 8 wyches + haywire grenades + razorflail + Hekatrix + venom blade + raider(haemonculi)

T: 8 wyches + haywire grenades + razorflail + Hekatrix + venom blade + raider(haemonculi)

T: 8 wyches + haywire grenades + razorflail Hekatrix + venom blade + raider(haemonculi)

T: 5 warriors + blaster + raider

T: 5 warriors + blaster + raider

FA: 6 reavers + 2 heat lances

FA: 5 scourges + 2 haywire blasters

FA: 5 scourges + 2 haywire blasters

HS: ravager

=1999pts

not a particular fan of wyches but I took what u had in ur list and tried to make another list that I feel is more effective... When your about to assualt with the wyches make sure that u detach the haemonculi giving the wyches the pain token so that u dont inhibit their ablitity to use fleet to get closer to the target... for the court when ur about to assualt leave the archon in the transport and deploy the court
    Last edited by Archon Anastari; January 17th, 2011 at 21:40.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    225 (x6)

Quote Originally Posted by Thescilentone2608 View Post
    Archon with huskblade and shadowfield 125pts
    A little short on gear, can’t imagine having a huskblade without a soultrap. I would drop the husk for an agoniser and combat drugs. If you must keep the husk then take the soultrap and combat drugs.

The court of the archon 2 Lhamaeans, 2 medusae, 3 ur-ghul and 2 sslyth
    I know nothing of this squad other than I have never used them nor do they look like their worth their points – I would drop them but that is me not liking their looks.

10 Wyches with 2 razorflails and a hekatrix with agoniser
    I would drop some wyches for the Archon to ride in but that is only if you drop the Court. I would also encourage the idea of giving wyches haywire grenades, they’re cheap and effective. I recently ran them at 8 strong and thought they were plenty strong, no real need to go to 10.

10 Wyches with 2 hydra gauntlets and a hekatrix with agoniser

These look fine to me.

I’d save 10 points and drop the champion but I understand you want the leadership. My feeling is once the enemy starts shooting at this squad you will start to lose the special weapons and the investment of the champion is really not important since it is a small squad. If it was a troop choice, go for it but since this squad is going to be up close and personal I think they are a lost cause.

10 Scourges with 4 shredders and a solarite 250pts
    I used this squad last night except they had 4 heatlances coming out of a WWP. Since you’re starting on the table or deepstriking your distance to the enemy will be the major variable you have to play with. I think the haywire blasters have a better range as do the splinter cannons. I just feel the range of the shredder is just too short if you are not coming out of a wwp.

Fine
    Talos Pain Engine with chain-flails and additional close combat weapon.
    I like the chain-flails but not the extra attack, too expensive. I have been trying the twin linked haywire blaster and with the movement and range you can get some shots off on the first turn. I have been pleasantly surprised how the haywire blaster can glance (lock down) enemy armor and keep them silent as you advance – cheap too.

It’s not a bad list really, just fine tuning that just comes down to personal preference really. I think you should try the list out and get your experience on how it plays – I’d be curious to hear how the Court plays really since I would'nt dare to do so.

Good luck and happy hunting!!!
    "On a hunch, I melted them down and inhaled the fumes and read the dark eldar codex again, AND FOUND A BUNCH OF NEW RULES HIDDEN BEHIND THE OTHER WORDS..." [Gardeth on modelling & interpreting the DE Codex]

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

421 (x8)

Hey thanks for replying, i've took some of your advice and this is what i've come up with

HQ
    Archon with huskblade, soul-trap, combat drugs and shadowfield 145pts

3 Haemonculi all with a liquifier gun, 1 with a shattshard and 1 with a casket of flensing 205pts

Elites

10 Mandrakes with a night fiend 160pts

Troops
    8 Wyches with 2 razorflails, haywire grenades and a hekatrix with agoniser 146pts

Raider with dark lance, flickerfields and enhanced aethersails 75pts

8 Wyches with 2 hydra gauntlets, haywire grenades and a hekatrix with agoniser 146pts

Fast Attack

10 Scourges with a solarite and 4 shredders 250pts

Heavy Support

Total 2003pts

I decided to take out the Talos because I felt it wouldn't be able to catch up with the rest of my army. The Archon and one of the Haemonculi will go with one of the wyche units and the other two will go in the other one until the unit can get close enough to the mandrakes then one of the haemonculi will pass it's pain token to them so they have balefire and the other one will give his to the wyches.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    116 (x4)

Two things to point out that you might want to change before I do an in depth analysis of this list. First your Wyche squads are illegal, you need 10 to take 2 hydra gauntlets. Secondly Shredders are terrible, terrible weapons as they have AP- so kill less than, well just about anything.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

421 (x8)

Ah I didn't realise that thanks for pointing it out. What's the best anti-infantry weapon for scourges?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    116 (x4)

Splinter cannons are great and, honestly their basic carbine is a damn good anti infantry weapon. Blasters also work so long as you can resist the temptation to shoot vehicles when it would be better to shoot troops. Blasters give you the AP that your other choices lack, but I'd tend to go with cannons and carbines for weight of shot and anti horde functionality. Whilst, like shredders they don't stop MEQ taking their armour saves, they do stop nids and orks and otehr such beasties from taking theirs. And it is against them where you really need your anti infantry to count. Against marines you average the same kills with a shredder as a cannon, but the cannon has longer range, multiple firing modes and is better against none MEQ.
    Last edited by karantalsis; January 25th, 2011 at 18:26.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

the list seems solid enough but might need a bit of tweaking here and there- in fact my 2k army would be very similar to this!

troops seem fine, i don't like the way people use smaller squads etc, just a waste of the models (and money) just my opinion

i use a similar squad in 1500pts except i put a venom blade on the champ just as a point filler, they do ok in causing a nusiance but don't expect them to survive long (unless your opponent is preoccupied then take advantage)

now just a suggestion, get rid of those athersails they seem good in theory but they mess up your plans as after you use them you cannot really do too much with the raider or ravager afterwards. other than that flickerfields are fine they really cause problems.

your raiders and ravagers seem ok but be warned, disintegrators may seem good but with the preponderance of mech armies out there you need every bit of anti tank you can get so two ravagers with DLs is perfect- some people get too scared of them leaving the rest of your army unscathed.

as a last note i wouldn't take the talos unless you take a Webway portal (or WWP) as it is a bit too slow for your army and could be taken out before it does anything useful.

hope this helps.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

421 (x8)

Thank you first of all, ok so i've taken out the enhanced aethersails and put splinter cannons on the scourges, given the arena champion a venom blade and given the last haemonculus an animus vitae so does this look better?

HQ
    Archon with huskblade, soul-trap, combat drugs and shadowfield 145pts

3 Haemonculi all with a liquifier gun, 1 with a shattshard, 1 with an animus vitae and 1 with a casket of flensing 210pts

Elites

10 Mandrakes with a night fiend 160pts

Troops
    8 Wyches with a razorflail, haywire grenades and a hekatrix with agoniser 136pts

Raider with dark lance and flickerfields 70pts

8 Wyches with a hydra gauntlet, haywire grenades and a hekatrix with agoniser 136pts

Raider with dark lance and flickerfields 70pts

Fast Attack
    6 Reavers with 2 heat lances, 2 cluster caltrops and an arena champion with a venom blabe 211pts

10 Scourges with a solarite and 4 splinter cannons 270pts

Heavy Support

Total 2003pts

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast