<1000 1000 point army - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: 1000 point army

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

1000 point army

note: seeing as the eldar are very mobile i have decided to create a skirmish type army that is very fast and can deal some good shooting power, with the ability to have a couple units hit really hard

HQ-----

Archon - 95
    Huskblade

Elites-----

5 Incubi - 135
    Klaivex

5 Mandrakes - 75

Troops-----

10 Kabalite Warriors - 100
    Splinter Cannon

Splinter Cannon

Splinter Cannon

Transports-----

Raider - (dark lance) - 75
    Splinter Racks
    Enhanced Aethersails

Splinter Racks
    Enhanced Aethersails

Splinter Racks
    Enhanced Aethersails

Raider - (dark lance) - 65
    Enhanced Aethersails

Heavy Support-----

Ravager - (3 dark lances) - 105

1000 pts

I did not give the Kabalites any sergeant units because I plan on throwing them away if they get engaged in melee so that i can re-position my other units. I also did not know what to do with the lance/disinte-grator option, maybe throw one disinte-grator on the prow of the ravager? i have heard they are good against heavily armored troops.

any comments or critisizm will be appreciated, thank you!

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    188 (x4)

Your list would be easier to read if the Transports were listed with the squads they belonged to. Although I think I can safely assume that the raider without splinter racks goes with the incubi.

Your incubi are over costed by 10 points, unless you forgot to list an upgrade.

I'm not a fan of Mandrakes, but in games this small they might be able to do something. The warrior raiders don't really need the Enhanced Sails, and your archon could do with some sort of protection. At the very least, I'd drop the sails then give your archon an agonizer, combat drugs, and shadowfield since I'm not sure how useful the huskblade will be at 1000 points. If you're open to dropping the mandrakes as well I'd give each warrior squad a blaster, give the ravager a flickerfield and night shield, then give your archon an agonizer, combat drugs, and a shadowfield, then maybe add one of the shield/fields to the incubi raider with the 10 points left over.
    The meat things seek to destroy ourselves. They hunt us as we hunt them but they are weak and uncertain. Bring them understanding of the power of ourselves through our strength and their fear. The inferior flesh will be entirely destroyed, all fragments will be smashed. Ourselves will fight to the last, all weak flesh must be consumed

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks for the advice Bugs_n_Orks, i have a couple questions about your recommendations.

why exactly do you recommend the agoniser vs. the huskblade?
    any recommendations as to the number of lance/disinte-grator options?
    are the blaster's really worth it with all the dark lances i have around?
    what about ditching the sails for a clone field? i have an issue with just loosing a terminator armor cost save to some heavy fire?

i am planning on using the mandrakes to tie up any long range support the enemy might have, if that effects your recommendation

thank you for your advice!

+ Reply to Thread