<2000 (2250) Semi-Competitive Hybrid List (Tear the list apart) - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

(2250) Semi-Competitive Hybrid List (Tear the list apart)

.Warboss (130 Points)
    Mega Armour
    Kombi-Skorcha
    Bosspole
    Cybork
    Attack Squig

.Big Mek (140 Points)
    Power Klaw
    Kustom Force Field
    Bosspole
    Cybork
    Attack Squig

.Lootas (10 (150 Points)

.Kommandos (10 (215 Points)
    Snikrot
    Burnas (x2)

.Mega Nobs (5) (225 Points) (Warboss goes with these.)
    Kombi Skorcha (x5)

Battle Wagon (125 Points
    Deff Rolla
    Armour Plates
    Grot Riggers

.Boyz Mob (30 (220 Points)
    Shootas
    Nob
    Power Klaw
    Bosspole

Shootas
    Nob
    Power Klaw
    Bosspole

Shootas
    Nob
    Power Klaw
    Bosspole

.Boyz Mob (19) (114 Points) (Big Mek goes with these, goes in Battle Wagon.)

.Grot Mob (17) 61 Points

.Grot Mob (16) 58 Points

.Battle Wagon (125 Points)
    Deff Rolla
    Armour Plates
    Grot Riggers

.Looted Wagon (110 Points)
    Boomgun
    Big Shoota

.Killa Kans (135 Points)
    Rokkits (x3)

I am thinking I will have a problem with mech, so should I drop something for some rokkit buggies?

Feedback is greatly appreciated.

(Sorry for any spelling/grammer mistakes its getting late now and I am getting tired.)

Last edited by Andy223; January 12th, 2011 at 13:48.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

2250 and NO fast attack? Hmm...

The Warboss look good. However, why did you buy all those upgrades for the Mek? PK I can understand, but his unit should already have a bosspole, cybork won't come into play until he's in combat and his unit is dead (IE, he's either served his purpose or you've failed) and an Attack Squig...? They're nice, but a Big Mek isn't as strong in combat as the Boss, and that's half a buggie already (Or 2.83 orks lol) spent on 1 extra attack in a unit of 20. Not worth it. Besides, orks are easy to kill, and the more upgrades you put on em the more it hurts when they die.

Lootas are good. Just remember, blasts hurt em, and long range barrages WILL kill them mercilessly. I learned that the hard way playing IG; stay within the 36' range that Basilisks can't hit at lol. Otherwise, they are deadly, and decent at dealing with light armour.

Your Snikrot mob looks very familiar somehow... lol. Honestly, I disagree with most people on the value of Snikrot, especially if you're worried about armour. For his points, you lose out on a Power Klaw, (His knives are good. PKs are better) are FORCED to outflank, and guaranteed to land on the side you want.. which you already have a 2/3 chance of doing. Not that he's bad, per se. I just don't like paying 85 points for that guarantee, especially since he DOESN'T guarantee WHEN your unit becomes available... a lot of points to sink into something that could come too late... Also, you have a lot of combi-flamers... And orks deal quite well with footsloggers. Maybe replace Snikrot with a Nob and PK, and give them rokkits, cut the unit down to size? It would save points, and give you an outflanking tank hunting team. (A lot of people will argue for Snikrot, so thats just my two cents... :p)

MANZ look good. I don't put plates or riggers on wagons, but its quite successful for other people, so, *shrug*. Personally, I think if your wagon has stopped moving for a turn its time for the boyz to get out and run. Also, your Big Mek can do the riggers job on the second wagon. Then again, it will keep those deffrollas moving. Give them a gun though... Weapon Destroyed result immobilize you if there isn't a weapon to destroy! I like Kannons... 10 points, rokkit or small blast... but then again, even just a cheaper big shoota for does the job, and my kannons rarely do anything but look cool!

Shoota boyz look good. Your slugga boyz in the wagon should have a nob and another PK. Sound redundant? Power Klaws are your best bet against vehicles, my friend, barring Deffrollas. Also, as I mentioned before I would give the Bosspole to the Nob. Mostly personal preference I suppose, but it just makes your leaders both a little smaller and less necessary to the unit.

The Looted Wagon looks good. Actually, it looks like how I run mine haha. Unfortunately, you can't count on em'... but when they do come through they're great. STR 8 Ordnance Large Blast? Yes please. Just remember, don't base your battle plan on their effectiveness. Don't Press Dat followed by scatter CAN make them a big useless thing.

So... what are you doing with the Grots and the Kans? Grots holding objectives, Kans... shooting Rokkits till they get stuck in? Kans aren't that tough, and single rokkit shots, even at grot BS3 won't do much to armour usually. Kans are usually for a wall, I thought? Am I missing something? Till I know more about your plan for these guys I can't help you. Maybe remove them, find something nice to spend the points on? If you remove the grots you can run the MANZ as troops and fill that last Elite slot with something... Or not and just make the MANZ scoring. ;p

Trim the fat off the list. 2250 is a lot of points to play with for orks... But don't get sucked into buying unnecessary toys. The premise and majority of the list seems solid enough though. Good luck!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thank you for the very lengthy response.I am making some very major changes to the list.

I do play against guard frequently, those Basilisks barrages made a mess out of my lootas.

I have a tourney coming up at my local club. The confirmed armies to show up are:
    IG, BA, SW, Tau, DE, DH, SM, Eldar and CD

.Warboss (125 Points)
    Mega Armour
    Bosspole
    Cybork
    Attack Squig

.Big Mek (110 Points)
    Power Klaw
    Kustom Force Field

.Lootas (10 (150 Points)

.Kommandos (10 (140 Points)
    Nob
    Power Klaw
    Bosspole
    Burnas (x2)

.Mega Nobs (5) (200 Points) (Warboss goes with these.)

Battle Wagon (125 Points
    Deff Rolla
    Armour Plates
    Grot Riggers

Shootas
    Nob
    Power Klaw
    Bosspole

Shootas
    Nob
    Power Klaw
    Bosspole

Shootas
    Nob
    Power Klaw
    Bosspole

.Boyz Mob (19) (154 Points) (Big Mek goes with these, goes in Battle Wagon.)
    Nob
    Power Klaw
    Bosspole

.Grot Mob (17) 61 Points

.Grot Mob (18 64 Points

.Buggies (3) 135 Points
    Rokkits
    .Buggies (2) 90 Points
    Rokkits

.Battle Wagon (125 Points)
    Deff Rolla
    Armour Plates
    Grot Riggers

.Looted Wagon (110 Points)
    Boomgun
    Big Shoota

I am sorry, if I get any points costs wrong.

+ Reply to Thread