<2000 2000 point tournament list - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

2000 point tournament list

I've been play testing with this list a couple times now with friends. It's been pretty competitive so far. I've managed a draw against Space Wolves and a win against Dark Eldar. But I'm wondering what you all think.

Swarmlord - 280
    2x Guard - 120

8x Genestealers - 112 (outflank)

20x Hormagants w/ AG and TC - 200
    20x Hormagants w/ AG and TC - 200

2x Zoanthropes in a Pod - 160
    2x Zoanthropes in a Pod - 160

3x Hive Guard - 150
    3x Hive Guard - 150

Trygon Prime - 240

Total - 1996

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hey man i like the list, I don't think i can really deconstruct lists because Ive only played about 7 games so far in this edition, but my question about the list is where is the synapse if the swarmlord gets WTFBBQ owned in round one or two? i am assuming the hormagants and hiveguard would be relying on that, or is you trygon prime walking up with the rest of your force..... anyways i like the look of the army, i think i might try it out but personally id drop AG on the Hormies and devolve the trygon prime into a normal trygon and grab a NidPrime with some boneswords, i think that will leave you with 30 or so points which i would take three spore mines and deep stike them to just have them floating around screwing with you opponent moving around or better yet wasting fire on.

anyways hope that helps

peace out

gull

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    344 (x8)

Your list is illegal. You have 4 elites. Drop a thrope brood, 2 is overkill anyway. Otherwise its not bad, but the swarmlord doesnt fit. Get a tyrant with hive commander and 2 TL devourers.

Also dont downgrade the trygon, you need the synapse. Swapping a brood of stealers for warriors couldnt hurt.
    Your friendly neighbourhood gargantuan creature

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Why 2 TL Devourers? I personally like them as they come. The Zoanthropes also aren't overkill in my area. There's quite a bit of AV14. But being that the list is illegal. Which I didn't even think of. I would be more inclined to drop the Thropes.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    344 (x8)

You have no ranged anti infantry, at all. If your running a tyrant, the only really worthwile builds are 2 TL devs for shooting, or tallons and tallons/lash and bone for comabt. Given that, your better off takng shooting, especially seeing as you have TG too. You could always take OA if you're worried about losing combat capacity.
    Your friendly neighbourhood gargantuan creature

Son of LO
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    105 (x6)

heirodule, the guy needs to know how much anti-infantry shooting he needs. i had a cluster spine (the S5 large blast). termagaunts that spawn from TG, TL DEV from tyrant. 4 hive guard and two trygons, one is a prime at 1500 points. for 2k i might of had 9 hive guard and three trygons, one or two primes.
    thanks
    antique_nova
    Superior stamina may win battles, but the ability to quickly recover wins wars.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Would you deep strike all three Trygons or do you foot slog them?

Son of LO
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    105 (x6)

always foot slog.
    Superior stamina may win battles, but the ability to quickly recover wins wars.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You send one up each flank and one down the center?

+ Reply to Thread