<3000 Okay so one more crack at this list - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    32 (x1)

Okay so one more crack at this list

Alrighty then, you guys have given me A LOT more than I originally was looking for in critics, but hey what ya gonna do, I am just getting back into this and want a good all comers list, so keep it up, here is the latest 2500 pt list I came up with, punch holes in it for me!!!

HQ:
    Hive Tyrant w/ 2 TL Devourers w/BLW, TS, Armoured Shell, HC, OA, Prax, and Leech
    Tyrant Guard Brood x 2

Elites:
    Zoanthorpe Brood x 3
    The Doom of Malan'tai

Troops:
    Tervigon w/ ST, CS, AG, TS, and Cataylst
    Termgaunt Brood x 23
    Termgaunt Brood x 23
    Hormagaunt Brood x 24 w/ Toxin Sacs

Heavy:
    Tyrannofex w/ RC, CS, and TS (larve)

So I think this is a pretty good mix of MC and Swarms, and with whole tervigon pooping gaunts it should be enough of a distraction to get the punch with zoans and the doom (who is there cause I think he is just cool, but we will see how he plays, if he sucks he is dropped and the points go to more termgaunts) but we will see what you guys think, I know the argument about foot slogging zoans and all, but cant afford the MS without losing more gaunts, and I need the zoeys close to a couple of tyrannofexes and the doom since they are not synap creatures, with the rest of the army charging head long into trouble, at least that is how I see this list running. Let me know if I am missing something or what type of armies in your guys opinion I will have difficulty with. Thanks.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

jy2
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

797 (x8)

Not enough shooting. Tfexes are not the best shooters. 3 is just overkill. I wouldn't go more than 2....ever. So trade in that T-fex for some hive guards and biovores and you've got yourself an alright list. Swap out the zoans for more hive guards and you've got yourself arguably an even better list.

Also, drop the TS on the tyrant...it makes his combat even worse. You can also drop the HC on him as almost your entire army should start on the table.

Lastly, get the Doom a spore. He needs it.

HQ:
    Hive Tyrant w/ 2 TL Devourers w/BLW, Armoured Shell, OA, Prax, and Leech - 265
    Tyrant Guard Brood x 2 - 120

Elites:
    Hive Guards x 3 - 150 (If you want to keep the zoans, drop 3 hive guards and 6 termagants)
    Hive Guards x 3 - 150
    The Doom of Malan'tai, Mycetic Spore - 130

Troops:
    Tervigon w/ ST, CS, AG, TS, and Cataylst - 200
    Termgaunt Brood x 22 - 110
    Hormagaunt Brood x 25 w/ Toxin Sacs - 200

Heavy:
    Biovores x 3 - 135
    Tyrannofex w/ RC, CS, and TS (larve) - 265

2500pts
    Record: Win - Loss - Draw: Hive Fleet Pandora (New) 32-6-6 Space Wolf 7th Co. 52-11-6
    Blood Angels 12-4-2 Daemonhunters 20-8-3
    Imperial Guards 12-5-2 Daemons 8-3-2

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    344 (x8)

Quote Originally Posted by jy2 View Post
    HQ:

Elites:
    Hive Guards x 3 - 150 (If you want to keep the zoans, drop 3 hive guards and 6 termagants)
    Hive Guards x 3 - 150
    The Doom of Malan'tai, Mycetic Spore - 130

Troops:

Heavy:
    Biovores x 3 - 135
    This. You'll struggle to do much better, run it and kick the living daylights out of everybody. If ive one criticism its that the tallons on the tervigons could probably go and Hive commander could be nice for tactical flexibility and getting doom in faster.
    Your friendly neighbourhood gargantuan creature

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    32 (x1)

Maybe it is just me, but I dont like the Biovore write up in the codex. I just dont see the leathality in them. Maybe I just dont know what I am talking about either, but I did take another look at the list and took a lot of your suggestions, let me know what you think now.

HQ:
    Hive Tyrant w/ 2 TL Devourers w/BLW, Implant Attack, Armoured Shell, OA, Prax, and Leech
    Tyrant Guard Brood x 2

Eiltes:
    Hive Guard Brood x 3
    Hive Guard Brood x 3
    Zoanthorpe Brood x 3

Troops:
    Termgaunt Brood x 30
    Termgaunt Brood x 30

Heavy Support:

So by dropping the Doom and a tyrannofex I was able to table two Hive Guard Broods and boost the Termagaunts to 30 in each squad. Also was able to add IA to the Hive Tyrant in case he gets in to close coombat with a particularly nasty multi wound IC on the other side. I think I am pretty satisfied with this list as it is, but would still like your opinion as a whole, like I said before I have not played since 3rd edition and some of the rule changes are BS in my opinion but have yet to play this style of list as of yet. Still purchasing some of the basic models and the like that I know I am going to need, Gaunts mostly, and getting them painted is becoming tedious, was very happy with the paint job though!!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My Spotify

Put your zoans in pod. It helps their survivability significantly and you get to place them where they are needed most. Maybe switch up Old for Cmdr. Other than that it looks to be a solid list.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    344 (x8)

JY2s list is still better. However thats mostly because your zoanthropes need a spore pod, do you really think any opponent is going to let them live long enough to walk up? As for biovores, a large blast S4 AP4 shot that still pumps out a mine even if it misses? How can you not see how great that is! If you de-mech a unit from its transport, blow the heck out of it with biovore fire whilst theyre still heavily grouped together. Got a unit of lootas/long fangs hidden at the back of the board, use a biovore. Trust me for those points youll not find better long ranged anti infantry which your current list actually does lack.

So Id run with with:

HQ:

Elites:
    Hive Guards x 3 - 150
    2 Zoanthropes, Mycetic Spore - 160

Troops:
    Tervigon w/ CS, AG, TS, and Cataylst - 195
    Tervigon w/ CS, AG, TS, and Cataylst - 195
    Termgaunt Brood x 21 - 105
    Hormagaunt Brood x 24 w/ Toxin Sacs - 192
    Hormagaunt Brood x 24 w/ Toxin Sacs - 192

Heavy:
    Biovores x 3 - 135
    Your friendly neighbourhood gargantuan creature

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

New here...Where Should I Start?

hi i hope i enjoy my stay here pls be nice to me thanks!
    be cool!

+ Reply to Thread