<2000 Help with my tyranid list please! - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Help with my tyranid list please!

hey everyone, im new to this site. I love 40k and want to get into it more competitively. I want advice about my army and ways to better it. I probably have some made some stupid choices, but i like having a bit of everything in my army. heres my army list at the moment.

HQ

Prime Warrior w/Scything talons and Rending Claws (AG and Regeneration) = 100 points
    Prime Warrior w/Scything talons and Lash Whip + Bonesword (Regeneration) = 105 points

Thinking about swarmlord with 3x guard, alongside my army is that a good choice?

Elites

6x Ymgarl Genestealers = 138 points
    Deathleaper = 140 points

Thinking about adding a brood of 3 hive guard, i think its essential.

Heavy Support
    Carnifex w/ Scything talons and Heavy venom cannon (Frag spines) = 190 points

Thinking about using a Tyrannofex with Rupture cannon because i lack AV and i think he maybe better then zoans in a pod.

Troops
    6x Genestealers + Broodlord (AG + Talons + Lord has Acid blood) = 191 points

maybe toxic miasma on the lord but thinking maybe ive spent too many points on this squad. Maybe convert my small ymgarl squad to these stealers?

3x Warriors w/ Barbed strangler, Talons and Devourers = 100 points

3x Warriors w/ Venom cannon, Rending claws and Deathspitters = 130 points
    are these weapons worth it and are claws a bit pointless? was just trying to make them a bit more anti heavy infantry.

20x Hormagants (AG) = 160 points
    ag worth it?

10x Termagants w/ Devourers = 100 points
    hoping to field these so i can field a tervigon as a troops choice. Also i have an 11th model with a strangleweb, wondering if its even worth it, hes there so i can field him when i think i need to ie.against lots of light infantry.

23x Termagants
    for use with tervigon when i get one.

7x Ripper Swarms w/Spinefists (Tunneling upgrade for deep strike) = 119 points
    are those bad choices?

Any advice however critical is good. Thank you for reading and any responses are appreciated

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    64 (x1)

your list seems very confused, your going to want to focuse on 1 aspect of your army do you want to shoot with those warriors and gaunts? or do you want to get in quick with your stealers. both styles build different.

can help you more when your focuse gets a bit more narrow

*swarmlord only fits a very select list choice, this is not one of them,*
    *at least 2 or 3 hiveguard are always good to have around*
    *in your current situation the tyranofex will be much more helpful than the carnifex you've chosen to use*
    *vanilla stealers work very well, if you have extra points, toxin sacs should be your first upgrade*
    *strangleweb no, 10 gautns for a troop tervie, yes although 10 gants die really quickly and the devours will have gone to waste usually more is better, or bare minimum.*
    *rippers?......*
    Last edited by Fenix; January 16th, 2011 at 22:13.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

im just not sure what to go for, i think definately tervigon and tyrannofex. but hoping for a way to increase my reserve rolls to help get my stealers w/brood and deep striking rippers in early, but as u say are rippers even worth it and for that matter are spinefists on them worth it. think i will convert my web guy to a vanilla terma for use with a tervigon spawn. but what can i do with my carni, hes an old metal model so cant really mod him much. what direction should i go from here?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

64 (x1)

if you like tervigons and t-fex's shooting is the way to go here, A walking dakka tyrant with some T-guard, hive guard, tervigons with troops, and t-fex heavy support as a base would seem reasonable.

and genestealer spice would be nice, except only 1 brood, ymgarl or the broodlord brood.(broodlord would be better)

rippers are indeed mostly useless

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

is deathleaper worth it, i mean vs most armies he doesnt seem to be, maybe im just using him wrong, i might be too eager. Also are biovores worth it to boost my ranged capabilities (never used one). also if i moved my ymgarl to normal stealers would open up another elite slot, ive thought about using venomthropes but i also have never used them. Guess if i have the rupture cannon maybe i could give my fex a stranglethorn.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

64 (x1)

deathleaper, in my opinion. I find him universally good, against any army with a psycher, Space marine, blood angles, space wolfes, eldar come to mind hes fantastic. hes also a very good independant character and small squad killer.

biovores, very good when paired with a T-Fex, the turn the t-fex pops something open you can pelt the squishy insides with S4 ap4 large blast doom

ymgarls would hopefullly turn to regular stealers and yes thats fine, and venomthropes are iffy they only fit a few styles, massed MC or i think, a swarmlord tervigon buffing list/swarmy army.

if your going to put a cannon and a fex, always a heavy venom cannon.

what models do you currently own? or are you making an army first to decide what your buying?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

what i posted first of all is my complete list i own atm. but just deciding what i need to buy to have a "can take on any army" army and hopefully play more competitively. just thinking what has good synergy with my army along with fun to use :p but im definately considering AV tyrannofex,tervigon and 3xhive guard.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

64 (x1)

what points level are you looking to play? this is the army list section, and we can help you make list's here or you could try your luck in the new army builder thread we have floating around here

Senior Member Hive Fleet Macarbe's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    128 (x3)

http://www.librarium-online.com/foru...t-builder.html

That is the link to list builder. And I find the deathleaper VERY useful.

+ Reply to Thread