<2000 1500 point tounament list - experienced players only please - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

1500 point tounament list - experienced players only please

Hi guys, just making a tourny list/all comers list. Experienced tournament players only please. But other than that, feel free to slag it off at your heart's content.

Shas'el
    Missile pod, Fusion blaster, Targetting array, HWMT

Bodyguard

Fire warriors X 10

Devilfish
    Disruption pod

Fire warriors X 10

Devilfish
    Disruption pod

Fire warriors X 10

Devilfish
    Disruption pod

Fire warriors X 10

Devilfish
    Disruption pod

Hammerhead
    Railgun, Burst cannon, Disruption pod, Multi tracker

Hammerhead

Battlesuits X 2
    Missile pod X 2, Fusion blaster X 2, Multi tracker X 2

Battlesuits X 2

Piranha
    Targetting array, Flechette discharger

Still have 10 points left over. It is a reactive army, so it's plan is to counter the enemy's plan. Suggestions and improvements?

Last edited by Aun'Vre; January 18th, 2011 at 15:29.
    "Victory is sweet, blood is sweeter." - Aun'Vre

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Sorry it's a bit dodgy, just copied and pasted from Excel quickly. haven't got much time.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

you say its a reactive army, but i don't really see how, the majority of your points are tied up in firewarriors, and while they might be able to do decent damage against armorless models they kinda suck at pretty much everything else. As well as that you lack pretty much any form of screening unit other than a single pirahna, unless you count the devilfish and are putting your expensive squishy troops up front.
    i must admit i've tried firewarrior heavy lists and they can work, however only against the right force, and sadly for a competitive list you essentially only need to worry about 3 forces (nob bikers, blood angels, and spaz wolves).

Imo you could really do with dropping like 2 squads of firewarriors. From the top of my head that should give you a basic krot squad (10 kroot 5 hound), a broadside and a fairly basic pathfinder team. giving you far better screening anti-tank, and much needed markerlight support.
    i also personally dislike fusion blasters on suits, i dislike getting that close.
    big fan of taking 10 man fw squads tho, i hate running units of six who effectively add nothing to the force, 2 squads of 10 can really make a difference i found, especially in dealing with low armor troops so that the rest of my army can concetrate on bigger issues, i hate the whole unit of 6 crap.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Kinsella is right about the FWs. Drop a squad or two, and go grab some Kroot. Also, I'd recommend taking a squad of PFs, and using their DF for some FWs instead.

You're list also lacks a great deal of AT; two Hammerheads may not be able to put enough fire on the enemy/could get taken out. I'd recommend taking an XV88 or two, and you should always look to fill all of your Heavy slots.

As for the Crisis Suits, I'd also suggest some changes. Kinsells is also right about the Fusion Blasters, and the Shas'Vre bodyguard is a waste of points. If you want extra wounds on your HQ squad, then just put your Shas'El in with a normal unit of XV8s. If you want Targeting Arrays, then upgrade some XV8s to Team Leaders.

I like the Pirhana, but I say either take 2+ or none at all.

Just my 2¢.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    744 (x8)

I agree with Illegal's comment on the Piranha on its own its going to die and do very little.

As with fire warriors its fair play often good to have availability of objective taking units however, i feel too many pts are there especially with the devil fish. Dont get me wrong mech is good but i think 4 units have hampered your fire power. I would maybe drop one and if you get Path finders use there DF for fire warriors.

I would drop the body guard expensive for no reason really get more standard suits and have your commander hang around with them. (which I just noticed Illegal said too).
    "Should take you a while though because of your sloth like pace"
    Click here and watch Gedderz try and cross the road

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Fair enough. I only really added the piranha because I had points to spare. How about:

-Piranha
    -2 FW squads & DF - 445
    -1 DF (using pathfinder's)

+2 Broadsides w/ASS - 160
    +6 Pathfinders - 72
    +PF devilfish w/DP
    +10 Kroot w/5 hounds}X2

13 points remaining. Suggestions? Plus, does anyone know where the blood angels forum is, as i can't seem to find it.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    38 (x1)

Looks better to me. The Blood Angels forum is the Space Marines Forum, they don't have separate forums for the different chapters.
    Tau Empire: We never stop hiding from you

Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    298 (x8)

mind posting the revised list? It is refreshing to see "other than fireknife and deathrain" crisis suits. I like helios, not completely sold on fireforge, though...if you're close enough to fire the fusion blaster, plasma is almost always better than missiles, IMHO. Actually, a decent way to cut points would be to reduce the FW teams to 6 each... I'm not at all against the idea of multiple scoring devilfish, since that's a pretty durable scoring unit (not quite as good as scoring land raiders a la deathwing, but pretty hard to eliminate!), but I don't think the 40 points to bring the squad up to 10 models are well spent, since you should be hoping that they never have to dismount...and if they do, the 4 extra bodies won't make much difference. Even starting from the original list, the 160 points freed would have bought you a third railhead or a pair of broadsides.

By the way, in the context of this list, I probably wouldn't take broadsides. They're much slower than even crisis suits. The best thing the original list had going for it was that nothing moved less than 12" a turn, making for decent KP-denial potential, and very decent last-turn-objective-grab potential. I'd also dump the bodyguard, even if you just take the same model as an elite crisis suit.
    IG since 1999 __ DA since 2002 __ Tau since 2005 __ SoB since 2007
    Brets 1997-1999 __ TK since 2009 __ Empire since 2010

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Good post, Marnepup. although fireknife and deathrain are good, they are over-used and over-rated. They are killed by the same stuff that would kill 2 marines, fore more points. Anyway, the FW point is valid, but not entirely true. 4 bodies make a difference; it's 4 more wounds and up to 8 more shots. Without the FWs the list seems lacking on the number of shots it can put out. Having said that, though, they woud prove the focal point of the enemies anti-horde and anti-infantry firepower that wouldn't be spent on the suits; also not forgetting the old tau motto: "Quality over quantity". As for the battlesuits, that was just a lack of points preventing me from having helios', but with missile pods it makes them able to engage heavier armour from futher away, possibly destroying some weapons that could hurt at closer ranges e.g. demolisher cannons and baal predators' flamestorm cannons. I think the MPs would be a better choice here. Plus, that leaves me with a chance to have other stuff, by taking away some FWs. As per your request, the revised list:

Shas'el

Bodyguard

Fire warriors X 6

Devilfish
    Disruption pod

Fire warriors X 6

Devilfish
    Disruption pod

Fire warriors X 6

Devilfish
    Disruption pod

Fire warriors X 6

Devilfish
    Disruption pod

Hammerhead

Hammerhead

Hammerhead

Battlesuits X 2

Battlesuits X 2

Pathfinders X 5 (Assuming one FW Devilfish is theirs)

Comments? Suggetions?

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Drop the body guard and add to the existing elite's numbers
    also swap the FB's on your suits for PR's slightly weaker but better range and good for anti MEQ.
    Kroot man, get some kroot at least 1 squad would do wonders for buffering or creating some bubble-wrap for your tanks.
    http://www.videogamevoters.org/
    Support you right to play video games, its for the greater good...

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast