<2000 1500 Mech Tau Competetive - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

1500 Mech Tau Competetive

Here's my first Tau list in a while. I've been playing mostly Eldar recently, so let's see if my standard Tau list still works.

HQ:
    Shas'El Commander [97 Points]
    -Missile Pod, Plasma Rifle, Hard-Wired Multi-Tracker, Targeting Array

Elite:
    2x XV8 Crisis Battlesuits [130]
    +Team Leader XV8 w/ Missile Pod, Plasma Rifle, Hard-Wired Multi-Tracker, Targeting Array
    +XV8 w/ Twin-Linked Missile Pod, Targeting Array

+Team Leader XV8 w/ Missile Pod, Plasma Rifle, Hard-Wired Multi-Tracker, Targeting Array

Troop:
    6x Fire Warriors [60]

10x Kroot Carnivores + 2x Kroot Hounds [82]

10x Kroot Carnivores [70]

Fast Attack:
    Pathfinder Markerlight Team [143]
    +4x Pathfinders
    +Devilfish w/ Disruption Pod, Multi-Tracker

Pathfinder Markerlight Team [143]
    +4x Pathfinders
    +Devilfish w/ Disruption Pod, Multi-Tracker

Heavy:
    Hammerhead Gunship [165]
    -Railgun, Burst Cannons, Disruption Pod, Multi-Tracker

Hammerhead Gunship [165]
    -Railgun, Burst Cannons, Disruption Pod, Multi-Tracker

2x XV88 Broadside Battlesuits [185]
    +Team Leader XV88 w/ Targeting Array, Hard-Wired Drone Controller w/ 2x Gun Drones
    +XV88 w/ Targeting Array

Total: 1,500 Points (exactly)

The Fireknife and Deathrain suits would tackle Tyranid Warriors, Marines, Monstrous Creatures, transports, etc.
    The Fire Warriors and twelve-man Kroot squad jump into the Pathfinder's Devilfish; the FWs stay safe while the Kroot act as a light assault unit.
    The ten-man Kroot act as a speed bump/pillbox as necessary (protecting either the PFs or Broadsides).
    The Pathfinders, Broadsides and Hammerheads obviously do their thing form a safe distance.

It's a pretty generic mech Tau list, IMO, but it's what I've been running for a while. Comments or suggestions? Is this still a viable list?

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Your plan is illegal. Devilfish can't carry kroot. They usually outflank/infiltrate to get where they are going. Plus, you need more FWs with DFs to take objectives. But other than that, seems pretty generic. Might want to personalise it a bit by putting in a signature vehicle or spam a vehicle; I am well known at my local store for using 5 piranhas at 750 points. For you, how about pathfinder RR spam, or broadside spam.
    "Victory is sweet, blood is sweeter." - Aun'Vre

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The list is indeed legal. If you look at the changes made to dedicated transports in 5th ed, and the Devilfish's passenger restrictions, you'll see there is now no limitation on Kroot riding in the DF. And while outflanking/infiltration is nice, the DF gets my Kroot exactly where I need them, exactly when I need them.

I avoid FWs like the plague, intentionally, because they're overpriced and underpowered. Some may disagree with me, but I'm firmly on the 'FWs suck' side of the debate. I do see your point, though, and wish I had the points to take more. But in a 1.5k game, I should be able to capture one or two, and contest the rest.

And yeah, the list is pretty generic; guilty as charged. But it's pretty hard to give a Tau army distinction at such a low point level. RRs cost too much (and I'd rather have the ML), Broadside spam is overkill at such a low point level, and I don't have the models to run any Piranhas.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    744 (x8)

If im honest i don’t think you will be able to hold objectives.

6 FW's might get some look sitting back on an objective but unlikely without the wounds to soak up i can see the first or second unit that shoots them ether killing or making them run off.

Kroot are alright but i dont think the amount you have can effectively hold objectives. Especially against a smart opponent, or anyone who has some flamers.

On another note if you believe FW’s suck then you are using them wrong. Used correctly their higher S weapons can hit home well.
    "Should take you a while though because of your sloth like pace"
    Click here and watch Gedderz try and cross the road

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I played a 1500 objectives game, and I see your point. I was able to contest all the objectives pretty well, but capturing some required a bit too much effort. I was able to end it in a draw (due to some terrible rolls on my part), but I'm definitely looking to add some more troops.

+ Reply to Thread