1750 mechdar st6 spam list... tourney capable? - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

1750 mechdar st6 spam list... tourney capable?

this is an idea i want to see what reaction people give it... I say you are in a tourney right, and your are playing on average 5 turns give or take. how many tanks do you need to really kill? I say none. By the end if you kill enough troops/light tanks you should be golden. So what they got 2 land raiders... cry me a river. even with 2 of them that is what 4 las cannon shots and a couple of meltas? thats whatever in 5 turns. of course you will have losses, but when you are eldar and moving at the speed of friggin light it doesnt matter as much. What i purpose is get rid of the anti tank lets field a frigate ton of anti infantry/light vehicles with your massive strength 6 shots. if anything you can get that land raider to do nothing if super desperate. Terminators? you have a ton of shots... youll eventually get them and your so fast it doesnt matter. Horde army? you will decimate that no doubt. For all of this keep an open mind about forgetting anti tank and lets see what happens.

farseer 55pts

Viper x9 shur cannon scatter laser 70pts 630pts

War walkers x9 2 scatter laser 60pts 540pts

Wave 2 shur cannons 110
    da exarch w/dual cataplts bladestorm 152 x2 524pts

this llist hold 147 st6 shots at max potential in a game... thats insane.

my question is how will this hold in a tournament?? again you arent worried about huge tanks, go after everything else... 147 st6 shots your good to go!!

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    149 (x3)

First off. This belongs in the Army List sub-forum.

An interesting idea. More viable in a specific game vs horde, not so much in tournament imho.
    I wish I could get 5 turns in a tourney! Most I've played rarely get to finish turn 4 due to time.

Only 2 Troops, when in a 3 round tourney 2/3 games will be objective based and your AV12/12/10 skimmers will at the very least get shaken or destroyed.
    War Walker and Vyper Squadrons can be very deadly, but the AV10 and squadron rules (have to allocate glancing/penetrating hits and 4+ on damage chart destroys War Walkers. 3+ kills Vypers).

So a single Land Raider could kill a Vyper or WarWalker Squadron in one turn. Devastators could kill another whole squadron...in one turn.

Just too fragile for my taste. I would like to see your opponents face when he sees 9 Dual Scatter Laser Walkers!
    I often run 70-90 S6 shots (including 2 Night Spinners) in my competitive all comers lists and that seems to be more than enough.
    At the beginning of turn 1, I spray my opponent's army with the bacon flavored spray. Then I unleash my Boston Terrier Squiggoth who then devours their entire bacon flavored army! There is no defense against her cuteness! All are doomed!

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You'd need to get first turn to leverage that firepower. As JMichael has said.. once stuff starts hitting your crews, those 140odd shots will disappear pretty quickly.
    My compiled thoughts blog.
    If someone posts something helpful +rep them

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    168 (x4)

You just need more serpents to put in front for cover saves and more troops and a few meltas. 120 shots is sometimes better than 150.
    Hight elf and Craftworld Eldar army project pics heavy: linky

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    946 (x8)

*moved to the army list section*

In the future, please adhere to the basic rules of grammar. Capitalization will help set apart your sentences. Also, if at all possible, it would be very helpful if you structured your sentences with a little more cohesion in mind
    Last edited by Rabbit; January 25th, 2011 at 21:30.
    Spambot kill tally. . .337

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

call me picky... but doesn't a farseer need at least one power? In this list I'd suggest guide, but I don't believe you can run a naked one.

+ Reply to Thread