<1000 Any Suggestions for a 1k points list - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Any Suggestions for a 1k points list

Hi there, im new to eldar and 40k in general and was wondering if i could get some suggestions on what units i should get for a decent army and any major tactics i should know with the units suggested. Thanks alot .

Here are my requirements:
    1000points
    semi-competative
    I would like to include as many of the units i already have(1squad of dire avengers, a falcon and an autarch) but they arent needed if it would otherwise ruin the list
    It needs to be fun to play with/against

thanks in advance
    Jack0

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    146 (x4)

Well, if you want competitive then mech is the way to go with the Eldar. There are a lot of combinations you could do with the eldar due to the many craftwolrds and themed lists. Do you want a themed list? I find themed lists more fun as they force you to adapt and use what you've got even if it isn't ideal.

But anyway, at these low point levels a Wraithlord is fairly competitive since there isnt too many heavy weapons floating around. At toughness 8 theres not much that can hurt these badboys in CC once you get them there.
    Fire Dragons are a core unit in the Eldar army, they can kill anything from terminators to tanks, nothing is safe. Just make sure you put them in a transport because they are quite fragile and because the range of their weapons aren't great.
    Dire Avengers are widely known as the cream of the Eldar troops, personally I think they are over rated, they are good but I prefer Storm Guardians. If you do decide to buy Guardians make sure you buy Storm Guardians and not regular guardians.

So really what kind of list do you want?
    Foot Slogger? (Not very competitive, but great fun to use in low points.)
    Mech? (Tanks all the way! Competitive but you lose some of the fun, I find that although these lists are very competitive they arent the most fun to use.)
    Hybrid? (A mix of the two above.)
    Themed? (Want to use a fluffy army?)
    Once you make up your mind it will be a lot easier to point you in the right direction.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Farseer Macleod View Post
    Well, if you want competitive then mech is the way to go with the Eldar. There are a lot of combinations you could do with the eldar due to the many craftwolrds and themed lists. Do you want a themed list? I find themed lists more fun as they force you to adapt and use what you've got even if it isn't ideal.

But anyway, at these low point levels a Wraithlord is fairly competitive since there isnt too many heavy weapons floating around. At toughness 8 theres not much that can hurt these badboys in CC once you get them there.
    Fire Dragons are a core unit in the Eldar army, they can kill anything from terminators to tanks, nothing is safe. Just make sure you put them in a transport because they are quite fragile and because the range of their weapons aren't great.
    Dire Avengers are widely known as the cream of the Eldar troops, personally I think they are over rated, they are good but I prefer Storm Guardians. If you do decide to buy Guardians make sure you buy Storm Guardians and not regular guardians.

So really what kind of list do you want?
    Foot Slogger? (Not very competitive, but great fun to use in low points.)
    Mech? (Tanks all the way! Competitive but you lose some of the fun, I find that although these lists are very competitive they arent the most fun to use.)
    Hybrid? (A mix of the two above.)
    Themed? (Want to use a fluffy army?)
    Once you make up your mind it will be a lot easier to point you in the right direction.
    Thanks for that, i was thinking of using a hybrid army and i was looking at striking scorpions are they any good?

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

168 (x4)

One try (made in 5 minutes as a idea of hybrid theme)

1 Autarch (HQ) @ 100 Pts
    Power Weapon Fusion Gun Mandiblasters

5 Dire Avengers (Troops) @ 60 Pts

1 Falcon (Heavy Support) @ 140 Pts
    Shuriken Cannon Upgrade Scatter Laser Pulse Laser

1 War Walker (Heavy Support) @ 40 Pts
    Left Shuriken Cannon (x1) Right Shuriken Cannon (x1)

7 Striking Scorpions (Elites) @ 159 Pts
    Exarch Shadowstrike Scorpion's Claw

5 Dire Avengers (Troops) @ 180 Pts
    1 Wave Serpent @ [120] Pts
    TL Missile Launchers

5 Fire Dragons (Elites) @ 180 Pts
    1 Wave Serpent @ [100] Pts
    TL Shuriken Cannon

Great vulnerability in troops but get`s quite of punch...can be made better but is good as a start in 1000 points
    Hight elf and Craftworld Eldar army project pics heavy: linky

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

146 (x4)

Quote Originally Posted by jack0 View Post
    Thanks for that, i was thinking of using a hybrid army and i was looking at striking scorpions are they any good?
    I love Striking Scorpions, personally they are my favourite aspect. Great against horde armies and can throw out enough S4 attacks to kill a few marines as well. Their armour save makes them durable and their ability to out flank makes them get into your enemy lines pretty quick without suffering many casualties (if any at all) and if your dealing with tanks bombarding you with fire then their S4, and large amount of attacks on the back armour will pretty much ensure you at least stun that tank if not out right destroy it with enough weapon destroyed/imobilised results.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    61 (x2)

Scorps suffer from not having fleet, but that said, they are my favorite aspect. In fact, wayyyyy back when I first started 40k and bought my first stuff for my Eldar army, a squad of scorpions was the first thing I got after getting a farseer and 2 guardian units. They have a frightening amount of attacks on the charge, and now their ability to outflank means you can get away without taking a transport for them. I don't always find places for them in my lists these days, but I always try.
    The enemy's gate is down

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks

That list seems awesome thanks for that, i recently finished playing the 4 lesson games with a freind (who plays tyranids) and the people at the games workshop said i should try aim for a 750points list to start with. so i was wondering if anyone could set me up with a 750points one so i can get playing asap with painted models

it seems theres quite a few fans of striking scorpions are they viable against non-horde armies because there are quite a few space marine armies and chaos armies at my local store and i dont want to see my favorite unit get smashed around by the big guys.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

168 (x4)

You have to remember that Eldar do not scale down or up easily. So is hard to keep the same flavour of the list.

So i`ll give you 2 choices for 750 points

1 Autarch (HQ) @ 90 Pts
    Power Weapon Fusion Gun

TL Shuriken Cannon

Avenger Shuriken Catapult

2 War Walker (Heavy Support) @ 80 Pts
    Left Shuriken Cannon (x2) Right Shuriken Cannon (x2)

and option 2

1 Autarch (HQ) @ 93 Pts
    Power Weapon Fusion Gun Banshee Mask

TL Shuriken Cannon

5 Dire Avengers (Troops) @ 175 Pts

1 Wave Serpent @ [115] Pts
    TL Scatter Lasers

5 Dire Avengers (Troops) @ 175 Pts

1 Wave Serpent @ [115] Pts
    TL Scatter Lasers

5 Striking Scorpions (Elites) @ 127 Pts
    Exarch Shadowstrike Scorpion's Claw

I actually fing the first list much useful but also more blunt like a punch not like a scalpel. But in second list i have the CC element of scorpions but i feel is lacking firepower and reliable long range AT.

Think about it...but i suggest you play 1000 points tbh or even 1500. is hard to get smashed but if you keep a positive attitude and talk with the players in order to see where you get wrong on tactics, positioning and stuff you`ll get better and better.
    Hight elf and Craftworld Eldar army project pics heavy: linky

+ Reply to Thread