<2000 2000 points - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: 2000 points

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

2000 points

I played the old codex but this is my first list with the new shiny stuff (and so very very shiny )

HQ=

Archon, huskblade, combat drugs, soultrap, clonefield ;-135

Haemonculis, liquifier gun ;-60

ELITE=

5 Incubi, klaivex, onslought, bloodstone, raider, flickerfield ;-225

10 Mandrakes ;-150

TROOP=

20 Warriors, 2 dark lances ;-230

10 Wyches, 2 hydra, champion,agoniser, raider ;-210

10 Wracks, liquifier gun, raider ;-170

FAST=

5 Hellions, helliarch ;-90

HEAVY=

Ravager, night shield, flickerfield ;-125

Chronos, spirit vortex ;-100

Total ;-2k

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

So very shiny... anywho here's my criticisms/analysis of your list

HQ

Archon, huskblade, combat drugs, soultrap, clonefield ;-135

Good but if you're putting the Archon in with the incubi you might want to give him a Phantasm Grenade launcher, since they have no assault grenades and it will be needed.

Haemonculis, liquifier gun ;-60

Love these guys, if you want you can also try out the shattershard, that is also very very shiny. But the liquifer is cheaper and not one use only.

Elites

5 Incubi, klaivex, onslought, bloodstone, raider, flickerfield ;-225

Good.

10 Mandrakes ;-150

Awesome loves these guys, but you only need 5-7 and you'll want a squad leader for the Ld 9.

Troops

20 Warriors, 2 dark lances ;-230

Personally I think its too expensive for what it does, sniper squads aren't as good as they used to be. But if you really want them you'd be better off having two squads of ten. This way you can shoot 2 enemys per turn and when one gets destroyed in HtH you still have one left.

Good, but you need make room in one squad for the haemonculus.

GOOD very shiny, also try having having grisly trophies on the raider this makes them less likely to fail a Ld.

Fast

5 Hellions, helliarch ;-90

I don't really use these guys much, but I don't think they'll achieve much in such a small unit (other than giving your opponent a happy feeling and shiny new killpoint).

Heavy

No problems here.

Chronos, spirit vortex ;-100

Insert ravager here... Sorry used these guys and all they seem to do is lower the number of our much needed dark light weapons. But try one out anyway you might find them more useful.

The main problem I see is you only have 13 dark light weapons. you'd probably want at least 16, so I would try and fit a 3 man trueborn squad with blasters on a venom or replace that Chronos with a ravager.
    Fetch me another plaything. This one seems to have broken- Urien Rakarth

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Damn double posts....
    Fetch me another plaything. This one seems to have broken- Urien Rakarth

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

your list does seem ok, of course nothing is perfect, trial and error is usually the best way to sort things out. But i will give you a few comments. (i used to play the old codex as well but i had to start from scratch, good job as well in my mind...)

archon- give him the phantasm grenade launcher, its a must for the incubi to be really effective- i'm not sold on the huskblade combo too vunerable, and you have not got an invulnerable save either. perhaps give him ghostplate armour.

Haemonculis- seems ok i have never used them myself, ideal for wracks of course

incubi- good but i wouldn't rely on the onslaught upgrade too much, it doesn't come into play often, keep the klavex though helps put the hurt on units after the archon has done his bit, possibly increase the squad size a bit by one or two more should be just about right- some critical mass to the unti as i call it.

mandrakes- probably useful but i am not convinced- the old rules for them were better. really need a pain point to become effective

20 warriors- i don't think its worth it these days, under the old dex of course 10 men with 2 DL'S was super but 20! no a bit of an elephant in my opinion, for objectives pehaps stick one squad of warriors in a raider and keep them in there then jump out to claim the objective at the last moment- keeps your opponent guessing

wracks as mentioned, reduce one squad to 9 and join the haemonculus to them.

hellions- hmmm too small a squad to do any good, perfect first target, drop them if i were you

ravagers- no probs there, enjoy when your luck holds and you keep doging shots that would take you out

chronos- i would get rid of it no use to me really, as mentioned possibly stick another ravager or drop in a razorwing or voidraven in there i would lean to a void raven as it has got better anit-tank capabilities plus that mine!

hope this is helpful

+ Reply to Thread