Welcome to Librarium Online!
Shas'el with Helios set up, TA, HW MT -97
FK suit leader, HW MT, TA- 77
FW x 6 -60
Kroot x10 + 4 hounds = 94
Piranha skimmer- TA, Dpods, Fusion blaster- 75
Railhead - Dpod, railgun, mt, burst cannons- 165
Also, if any of you are Ork players this is my other list I'm making for our skirmish day.HQ:Ork 500
Warboss: 'Eavy armor, power klaw, tl shoota & ammo runt- 98
Kommandos x5 + Snikrot & burna- 150
Grot squad + Runt herder with grot prod- 45
Boys x11 + truck (rpj, armour plates)+ nob w/ pk & bp - 162
Deffkopta w/ tl rokkits - 45
Total : 500
In your Tau list, I'd drop the Piranha. Any armor you face can be dealt with with Missile Pods and the Railgun. I'd say drop the Piranha and take another FK suit, spending the remaining points wherever you like.
Thanks for the reply. I'll take your advice and I might change from helios to something more anti troop. Is the Airbursting frag gun any good? or is the cyclic ion blaster better for volume of shots?
The AFP is nice against hordes, and can often force a lot of saves on MEQs.
Some swear by the CIB, but not many, and most Tau players will agree that it's just not worth it.
Actually, I'd do major surgery on the list:
1. Change the railhead to a pair of broadsides. Two twinlinked railguns for the same points...and then you really don't need anything else for anti-armor
2. Drop the pirhana. With two broadsides, antitank is covered.
3. Give the 'El an AFP...you need to replace the template lost when you dropped the railhead.
4. Drop team leader status from the FK...and get two more. The points from the team leader suit plus the points from the pirhana bring you within five points of the cost of THREE basic FK suits.
4. Edit the number of kroot hounds to get any more points needed. In the end, it would look like:
'El with AFP, MT, BC. (No need for BS5, he's there for horde control, and he's cheap)
3xFK (run them together, but as separate FOC slots, in case one gets charged...the other two are not engaged!)
10xkroot, with as many hounds as you have points for when the rest of the army is paid for
2x Monat Broadsides with ASS
This list would sodomize the orky list you posted, by the way. I don't play orks, so I can't improve that one for you...
Last edited by Marnepup; February 3rd, 2011 at 15:06.
IG since 1999 __ DA since 2002 __ Tau since 2005 __ SoB since 2007
Brets 1997-1999 __ TK since 2009 __ Empire since 2010
Of course that list would sodomize the ork list, it's almost 100 points over! If you take out the 3rd fk suit maybe, and have 0 hounds, then it's under.
Shas'el AFP, BC, MT - 83
FK suit MT- 62
FK suit MT- 62
FW x 6 -60
Kroot x10 = 70
Broad side ,ASS- 80
Broadside , Ass - 80
On a side note I've edited my ork list to the following.
Big Mek, Power klaw, kff - 110
Boys x 25+ 1 nob with pk and bosspole- 196
Boys x 24 + 1 nob with pk, and boss pole - 190
Total : 496
Last edited by scottyde; February 4th, 2011 at 04:58.