<2000 1750 footfaildar. 2 lists. - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

1750 footfaildar. 2 lists.

If your first thought is "noob taking reaperlauncher on autarch" I like the idea of putting s5 48" downwind. If that means detaching from a squad to soften up a target for my other units then so be it.

Additionally spinnaret is to facilitate pinning. 2+ 2+ no armour and pinning. That's pretty ok.

SG list will probably not work that well. Calling it now.

Regular guardian list just about running up and laying down as much hurt as I can while using scatters to shake/stun tanks and hopefully dismount the internals.

Last edited by MrBenis; February 5th, 2011 at 09:04.
    My compiled thoughts blog.
    If someone posts something helpful +rep them

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    146 (x4)

I can't actually read the lists, the print is too small.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Updated it to be bigger.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    146 (x4)

I actually take Reaper launchers on my autarches as well, but only when their on jetbikes, themn they can move and shoot, also get the laser lance for the same points as a power weapon so its even better. Perhaps you could shave a few points off the troops give your autarches Jet bikes and then also get even a small squad of jet bikes for them just so they can soak up a few wounds saving your autarches.

The first list looks better but I'd go for warwalkers with scatter lasers or even just plain old Shuriken cannons instead of the warp spiders. Even if you out flank them with two autarches they are guaranteed on turn three and the only way they arent coming out turn 2 is with a roll of a 1 on the reserves roll.

Perhaps the way to go is by taking a squad of scorpions instead of the FIre Dragons, or maybe even replacing both out right. Out flank your walkers and sorps using your autarches to soften up squads for the scorps and the S4/S6 attacks (Power claw) from your scorps will also be pretty effective against the back armour of those enemy tanks. If certain tanks are proving difficult then just stun them till your stormies get their with their fusion guns.

By removing the wave serpents, unless you want to keep one to draw some enemy fire while the scorp squad its dedicated to outflanks your opponent or give it to one of your storm guardian squads, then you'll be freeing up more points to spend, perhaps even allowing you to keep one of your warp spider squads and still make the changes I suggested meaning you could have potentially:
    3-4 outflanking units - 2 scorps, 2 war walkers.
    0-2 Deep striking units - Warp spiders
    1 fast moving jetbike sqaud with anti infantry weapons thanks to your autarches
    3-4 foot slogging units
    0-1 wave serpents
    You'll be hitting your opponent from all angles making it difficult for them to react, espcially if everything arrives turn 2! killing a lot of stuff before he can even react and giving your storm guardians time to make their way up the field to swarm all over them.

I know my changes pretty much reinvent your list quite dramatically but its one of the few ways I can think of to keep your guardians allive long enough to get to where their going, I like storm guardians, they have proven to be a valuable unit to me in many games but even I think there are too many here, lol! But it could work IF you can get your guradians there in one piece, basically swarming your opponent with pure numbers.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hmmm... some good ideas. If I was going to take a bike squad and load it up with autarchs I would probably replace the warpspiders with a hawk squad as they can actually hurt landraiders.

+ Reply to Thread