<2000 1500 Tyranid Vs Mech Guard Need Help - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

1500 Tyranid Vs Mech Guard Need Help

Ok ,PLaying a league game made a list but found out im playing guard. So far i've never played guard just saw either horde and mech games. but happend to find out its a mech dude. The mission is to go into a building and roll to find an artifact. on a 6 you find the artifact and the unit or creature, holds the artifact until they die. Once a building is checked the artifact cant be checked again. Last building unchecked has the artifact. Theres 2 buildings each side and two in the middle. Pitched battle. So far heres what i got.

HQ
    Tyrant HVC, TL Dev, HC, AS 260

Troops
    Genestealers x10 140 (outflank)
    Hormagaunts x15, TS, 140 (outflank, HC)

Elite
    Hive Guard x3 150
    Zoanthropes x2 120
    Lictor or Deathleaper

Fast Attack
    Spore Mine Cluster 65

Heavy
    Trygon 225 (Regeneration)

1150-1250 points.

PLan is use outflank and send troops to try to control his buildings. Use Zoans, HG, Tyrant, Trygon for anti-tank. Sporemines seem like a good idea but iono if either take them of biovores or none of them. Use Death leaper to check buildings and if i find the artifact with deathleaper run around the board with the artifact and protect it. Just need to see what else to take to make 1500 If you guys can help or any advice would help me in my first time agaisnt guard or tips etc.

Last edited by mumeisenshii; February 7th, 2011 at 05:50.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Senior Member Hive Fleet Macarbe's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    128 (x3)

Kay. Firstly I would give your tyrant 2x tl devourers, since most of your army is designed for vehicles. Which is good. BUT what happens when you pop the transports and the troops come out? And he needs one tyrant guard. If any remaining points allow get a second.

Troops, good.

Elites: Tick, I wouldnt bother with the lictor or death leaper, but your thropes NEED mysetic spore,s or they will be destroyed foot slogging across the board.

I would drop the spore mines. 65 points can free up a lot.

And drop the regen on your trygon.

For the rest of the points you have freed up, add some tyrant guards and bump up the troops. Good luck! Tell me how it goes

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My Spotify

Your Zoans Need to be in a spore. Make the trygon a prime. I think your spore mine cost is wrong also. Harpies are okay vs. mech. Never take a lictor. Only the Death Leaper should be taken. But if they are going up against mech guard there are better things for them. Like more Hive Guard, they can frustrate the guard by popping the transports and making the troops walk. Maybe drop some stealers for a lord. Troops. Maybe some fast movers like goyles or Raveners for the dismounted troops. Hope this helps and good luck.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Heres the list i used agaisnt guard. Damn i didnt know they had a grip of templates and damn flamers and leman russes. Deathleaper took a a beating for 2 turns after he found the objective. was kill points and earned 6 points vs 10 and he got a win.

Tyrant Venom HC TL Dev,
    Tyrant Guard (Help keep the Tyrant alive for 2 turns)
    Tervigon w/ regeneration (Regen does come in handy)
    Termangaunts 10(did there job looking in a building thats about it)
    Hormagaunts x15 w/ sacs(Destroyed a squad)
    Genestealersx10 (x2 lived and blew up a tank)
    Hiveguard x3 (did wonders but one tank a turn sucks)
    Zoanthropesx2 w/ spore (Blew up 2 tanks then died)
    Trygon (Raped with shots)
    Deathleaper (found the objective and took a beating did his job)

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    344 (x8)

Thats a pretty poor list to take on mech guard :/ Theres a lot of things that you simply shouldnt have gone near for future reference.

Deathleaper - Why? Guard dont have any HQ's worth lowering the leadership of, and he'd simply get swamped with attacks or gunned down by weight of fire. Also took an elites slot away from you, which could have done with being filled with hive guard or thropes.

Tervigon and termgaunts - the guants were too small to do anything and the tervigon wasnt even upgraded. If you wanted objective takers, pure guants would have been better.

Genestealers - did you have two broods? Never a good idea

Tyrant - personally id have made him a winged combat monster. Worse case senario he can still blow up tanks with ease.

Sorry to hear the game didnt go well though :/
    Your friendly neighbourhood gargantuan creature

+ Reply to Thread