<1000 My 1000p list, advice needed. - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    0 Post(s)
    0 Thread(s)

1 (x1)

My 1000p list, advice needed.

Hey there.

I'm rather new to WH40K, and I've started as tyranids, So far I've had a few fights at 750p, but with little to no succes.

I mainly fight Space Wolves, Tau, Eldar and Dark Eldar, so I'm a little at a disadvantage, however this is the list I've come up with for 1k.

== HQ ==
    Tyranid Prime (1) - Pair Of Boneswords = 90 pts.

== Elites ==
    Zoanthrope (1) = 60 pts.
    Zoanthrope (1) = 60 pts.
    Hive Guard Brood (2) = 100 pts.

== Troops ==
    Tyranid Warrior Brood (6) Pair Of Boneswords = 240 pts.
    Termagant Brood (10 ) = 50 pts.
    Tervigon (1) = 160 pts.

== Heavy Support ==
    Trygon Prime (1) = 240 pts.

== Total ==
    1000 pts.

My game plan is:

My plan is to have the Tyranid Prime team up with the tyranid warrior and have em move up and shoot untill they can slaughter the enemy in CC

The Zoanthropes are split up to provide anti-tanking.

I've Never used Hive Guards before, but I imagine they'll provide some hard hitting ranged like the Zoanthropes.

Tervigon to spit out more and more Termagants unless my rolling fails.

and last, but not least, a Trygon Prime to be deep striked in round 2 along with the 10 Termagants.

Considering my enemies are Space Wolves, Tau, Eldar and Dark Eldars, how do you guys think my list would work against that ?

Last edited by Nezied; February 9th, 2011 at 17:19.

2. Remove Advertisements

Senior Member Hive Fleet Macarbe's Avatar
    With the mind
    0 Post(s)
    0 Thread(s)

128 (x3)

Hive guard are MUCH better than zoanthropes at this level. Drop both thropes and get a second squad of 2 hive guards. I would drop ALL the warriors and invest in some hormagaunts with toxin sacs or genestealers. With the left over points deck out your tervigon, give him onslaught, adrenal glands etc.

+ Reply to Thread