<3000 2k point list...Almost done! - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

2k point list...Almost done!

Okay, so with everyone's advice in my other forum, I have changed my list to the following:

My list:

Troops:

20 hormagaunts(toxin sacs)-160 points

20 hormagaunts(toxins sacs)-160 points

9 genesteales(1 broodlord)-172 points

5 warriors(1 venom cannon, deathspitters, rending claws)-210 pnts.

Fast Attack:

20 gargoyles(adrenal glands and toxin sacs)-160 points

Heavy Support:

Trygon Prime-240 points

HQ:

Tyranid Prime(deathspitter, lashwip and bonesword, and adrenal glands)-110 points

Hive Tyrant(wings and hive commander-230 points

Elites:

3 hive guard-150 pnts.

3 hive guard- 150 pnts.

3 zoanthropes in a mycetic spore-220 points

Total-1989

Any more advice? If so, please comment.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    344 (x8)

Looking good to me My thoughts, lose the gargoyles (theyre a bit fast for a reasonably slow list, could get isolated) and 1 warrior. The grab a trygon, and your good.
    Your friendly neighbourhood gargantuan creature

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Heirodule View Post
    Looking good to me My thoughts, lose the gargoyles (theyre a bit fast for a reasonably slow list, could get isolated) and 1 warrior. The grab a trygon, and your good.
    Well, I was thinking no. The gargoyles aren't there to be super duper speedy and fly up the board. They will be in reserves until one of my others units is taking a lot of hits. Thus, they fly down from deepstrike and save the day. However, I have been considering losing the toxin sacs and adrenal glands, then taking a better gun. This is because off the deepstrike they are going to need a better weapon to take down whatever is imposing a large threat

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    344 (x8)

Never actually going to work like that. You cant chose to delay your gargoyles, so if they come in early/late your in trouble. Even if they do end up coming in on time, and in range with their pathetically poor guns theyre not actually going to do anything. A full brood of 20 will kill... wait for it... 1-2 marines when shooting. Whoopie. Not gonna save the day at all. Then you get bolterd/blast templated and your unit dies. Simple as.

Also you cant actually take a bigger gun on gargoyles, so what you're on about there i have no idea :/

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Heirodule View Post
    Never actually going to work like that. You cant chose to delay your gargoyles, so if they come in early/late your in trouble. Even if they do end up coming in on time, and in range with their pathetically poor guns theyre not actually going to do anything. A full brood of 20 will kill... wait for it... 1-2 marines when shooting. Whoopie. Not gonna save the day at all. Then you get bolterd/blast templated and your unit dies. Simple as.

Also you cant actually take a bigger gun on gargoyles, so what you're on about there i have no idea :/
    Alright, you got me haha. Second trygon it is . Prime or not Prime?

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

344 (x8)

I dont think you can afford a prime (sadly) but youve got okay synapse coverage. If you wanted to Prime up, Id look to drop the VC from a warrior and then lose a genestealer, but its personal choice really.

+ Reply to Thread