<2000 1750 mixed list - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: 1750 mixed list

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

1750 mixed list

hi guys

this list is for a tournament, this is mainly a fun list really but i think it might do ok- i am still new to the tounament thing

anyway here goes...

HQ

Warboss- warbike, attack squig, power klaw, cybork body- 150

big mek- eavy armour, kuston mega blasta- 55

ELITES

11 bunaz- 165

TROOPS

6 nobz- warbikes, painboy, cybork bodies, waagh banner, 2 power klaws- 395

deff dread- extra weapon, big shoota, armour plates, grott riggers- 110

12 boyz- stikkbombs, big shoota, nob- power klaw- 124

trukk- 35

12 boyz- stikkbombs, big shoota, nob- power klaw- 124

trukk- 35

17 shoota boyz- big shoota- 107 (these guys should sit on the home objective)

FAST ATTACK
    3 warbuggies- 90

HEAVY SUPPORT

battlewagon, 4 big shootas, zaap gun- 125

deff dread- 2 schorchas, armour plates, grott riggers- 100

3 killa kanz- big shoota, rokkit launcher, schorcha- 130

TOTAL 1745

what do you lot think?

it may seem a little strange but i think it will work

thanks in advance for the comments!

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Senior Member Hive Fleet Macarbe's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    128 (x3)

Looks solid to me, only thing I would like to see is more burnas, they are vicious. But I wouldnt know what to drop. It looks like a solid and a hard list to beat.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    192 (x4)

Hey madmek!

Is this list based off your available models? Or do you have room to expand?

Here is a few comments.

(big mek- eavy armour, kuston mega blasta- 55)

Megablasta's are generally horrible on actual orks. The main reason being, if they roll a gets hot, they are pretty much guaranteed to take a wound due to their poor savings throw. I'd drop the armor and megablasta and give him cybork and a KFF. Put him in the wagon with the burna's, so that the wagon, and all surrounding vehicles within 6" (from hull) gets a 4+ obscured save.

(6 nobz- warbikes, painboy, cybork bodies, waagh banner, 2 power klaws- 395)

Looks good. If you need extra wound allocation, don't forget the big choppa's!

(deff dread- extra weapon, big shoota, armour plates, grott riggers- 110)

Deff dreads tend to run towards their targets, as their primary use is CC. As such, having them with a big shoota tends to be a bit pointless, as they won't get their extra d6 run towards their target. Try a skorcha instead, as generally they'll be within assault range anyway, and the skorcha's auto hit! Consider using 2 skorcha's instead of 1 and a DCCW, to use points for other upgrades.

(12 boyz- stikkbombs, big shoota, nob- power klaw- 124)

I find that stikkbombs are generally useless, as boyz tend to always go last anyway. Don't forget your boss pole, and consider dropping the big shoota to save points (the slugga boyz are just going right into CC anyway). Make sure to give the trukk a reinforced ram, so you don't have to worry about a roll of 1 immobilizing it. Plus if your opponent ignores it after you dumped the cargo, you can tank shock with it!

(17 shoota boyz- big shoota- 107 (these guys should sit on the home objective))

Increase their number with excess points, and give then a nob PK/BP, in case someone drop pods a dreadnought next to them.

(FAST ATTACK
    3 warbuggies- 90)

I assume the rokkit ones?

(battlewagon, 4 big shootas, zaap gun- 125)

Ok few suggestions here.
    1) Drop all bug 1 big shoota (or rokkit). You can only shoot all those big shoota's, if the wagon isn't moving.
    2) Change the zaap gun to a kannon. Unlike the zap gun, the kannon's secondary shot (str 4 blast), counts as a defensive weapon. You can actually move the wagon 6"-7" and fire both the big shoota and the kannon!
    3) Add armor plates, a deff rolla, and grot riggers and red paint job if points allow. The main point of this BW is getting the burna's into range. Thus you want this baby moving quickly and effectively.
    4) Put the KFF Big Mek in here. Consider giving him a BP/PK to act as a nob for the burna's.

Technique on the BW, would be to ram transports with the deff rolla, blow them up, then burninate everything squishy that is still alive inside. Rinse and repeat.

(deff dread- 2 schorchas, armour plates, grott riggers- 100)

I like this config of deff dread...however I'd consider taking either a second battle wagon, or 3 killa kan's instead of a second dread. The second battlewagon will cause your opponent to split his str 9+ weaponry, and the 3 killa kan's are significantly nastier then 1 deff dread.

(3 killa kanz- big shoota, rokkit launcher, schorcha- 130)

I'd make these all the same weapon. I'd recommend grotzooka's, or rokkit's. If you do take another 3 (instead of the deff dread), do one set with grotz, one set with rokkit's. (Or megablasta's if you have the points!).

Hope that helps you!
    Last edited by greggles; February 27th, 2011 at 15:11.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

thanks for the comments!

first of all most of this is based on the models i have got bar one or two things- mainly the buggies (got one atm), the big mek and the deff dread with the extra weapon. i don't want to buy too much as i am questioning what things to do next

anyway the big mek i think will be getting a Pk, possibly a force field but that only gives a 5+ save and since i play DE with flickerfields they are worth it when they work but i am not too sure about it. i'm not getting another battle wagon becasue one is usually enough- the threat of burnas is enough on its own as well but i only have 11 buna models i may stik one or two meks in there that is whatt usually happens...

the buggies are only armed with big shootas but they really are pests even if there is only one, i think the stikbombs will have to go and i will post a revised list some time this week hopefully

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    192 (x4)

The KFF Gives a 4+ Obscured save to vehicles and walkers. It's only 5+ to foot slogging troops. KFF is worth it's weight in gold. Basically stops 50% of your casualties (vehicles) right off the bat.

The KFF works on a distance amount, not just the vehicle the Big Mek is in.
    Basically you measure 6 inches from the "HULL" of the vehicle, in all directions. Any vehicle touched by that (including the one with the Big Mek) gets a 4+ obscured save that is only nullified in close combat. By placing the KFF Big Mek in a battle wagon, you extend the range of the KFF by a few extra inches (since it's measured from the wagon's hull edge)

Any foot slogging troop (a single member extends the save to the entire unit) that is within that 6" range, gets a 5+ cover save.

The way you set it up, is so the killa kan's are in front, under the KFF umbrella. They get a 4+ save. The boyz are behind the killa kan's, so the killa kan's obscure the boyz, giving the boyz a 4+ cover save. This turns a cheap relatively easy to kill army, into a massive threat, because now it takes an utterly obscene amount of shots to take everything out, and the boyz/kan's are going to make it into combat.

Battlewagons are high threat targets. You might get one game where it makes it in range to use the burna's. Next game, every single anti tank weapon on the board will be firing at it, and it'll go down on turn 1. (This happened to me, which is why I brought it up).

The alternative to the battle wagon, is fielding enough kan's (6-9), that they have to make a decision as to which to shoot.

My current favorite army list involves 60 boyz, a BW, and 9 killa kan's, with some buggies or deff chopta's providing harassment duties.

+ Reply to Thread