1500 Points, complete noob needs help! - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

1500 Points, complete noob needs help!

Hey peeps, am new to Warhammer in general, but I really like nids so I want them to be my first army. But I have some problems with finding a great list that I would love to play, there are 2 reasons for this problem: 1: metal models, i really hate thoose metal pieces, am lazy and like plastic and second: converting units that aren't for sale from GW.

For Nids there are a hell of a lot of models that are metal or need conversions, and me not being a handyman at all gives problems. therefore i want a good fun list to play with only plastic models beside the hive tyrant i want him flying around anyway.

A being a complete noob, I made the following 1500 points list:

HQ:
    Hive Tyrant: Regeneration, Wings, Hive Commander, Bonesword and Heavy Venom Cannon.

Troops:
    22 Genestealers, they are the core of the army, while the opponents wants to get rid off my big guys these guys are making there way into combat and slaughter everything, just equipped with rending claws and nothing else

2 Carnifex with: Crushing Claws, Heavy Venom Cannon, Regeneration

1 Trygon with Regeneration
    1 Trygon Prime with Regeneration
    if am correct this is 1498 points, i just know am gonna get bashed with this list therefore i need some help!

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

First I would drop all the regen from your monstrous creatures. Then I would get rid of the crushing claws on the carnifexes. If genestealers are not in reserve, switch hive commander with old adversary. Also split the stealers into 2 groups and maybe upgrade to broodlords. I would also recommend giving the tyrant 2 sets of scything talons or 2 sets of devourers. I know you don't like metal (i hate it too) but hive guard are a must. Definitely add a few of those bad boys in there. Oh and if the tyrant is flying ahead where is some synapse for the fexes?
    Lets rage!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Thommi View Post
    First I would drop all the regen from your monstrous creatures. Then I would get rid of the crushing claws on the carnifexes. If genestealers are not in reserve, switch hive commander with old adversary. Also split the stealers into 2 groups and maybe upgrade to broodlords. I would also recommend giving the tyrant 2 sets of scything talons or 2 sets of devourers. I know you don't like metal (i hate it too) but hive guard are a must. Definitely add a few of those bad boys in there. Oh and if the tyrant is flying ahead where is some synapse for the fexes?
    What is the problem with regen? u want the big guys to survive tank missiles, if not lethal or instant death healing wounds could be crucial in numerous games i suppose? I have no idea about the reserve rules just bought my codex today...and synapse, i see no points to add to the big guys?

Senior Member Hive Fleet Macarbe's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    128 (x3)

Above poster said it all. I would consider getting some gaunts as well as stealers. Stealers die very easily over range.

Senior Member Hive Fleet Macarbe's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    128 (x3)

Quote Originally Posted by Nidzilla View Post
    What is the problem with regen? u want the big guys to survive tank missiles, if not lethal or instant death healing wounds could be crucial in numerous games i suppose? I have no idea about the reserve rules just bought my codex today...and synapse, i see no points to add to the big guys?
    Regen. Its nto a bad thing but a heavily debated thing, sure its good if you got spare points to throw onto one model or so, but it is fairly expensive. You got enough regen to field 20 termagaunts. So I would drop them

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Hive Fleet Macarbe View Post
    Regen. Its nto a bad thing but a heavily debated thing, sure its good if you got spare points to throw onto one model or so, but it is fairly expensive. You got enough regen to field 20 termagaunts. So I would drop them
    Am not a fan off the swarm tactics, I like the Big Zilla lists way more, but that gives the problems with metal and converting units in general, so a choice between 2 bad things for me personally, need to figure some stuff out before buying more stuff i suppose

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Regen is just too expensive for how random it can be. A buddy of mine used to use it all the time and when I would fight him it almost never did enough. One successful regen really only means one more las cannon or missile shot. Most decent armies should have enough heavy weapons to put an extra wound or 2 out there. Plus getting rid of it saves up some of the points you need for hive guard.
    Lets rage!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    64 (x1)

theres this nice thread in the army list section called the tyranid army builder well a few of the great minds have gathered to answer and help most if not all of your questions as well as give out some fantastic advice

also for future reference army and army lists, belong in the army list section

I suggest you take a peek over there I'm sure the thread will be bumped over there shorty anyhoo

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    946 (x8)

*moved to army list section*
    Spambot kill tally. . .337

+ Reply to Thread