<2000 2k list vision - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: 2k list vision

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

2k list vision

i only have 1200 points now, and it is a similar style to this army just smaller. i am getting back into 40k after many years of hibernation from the game so any advice would be appreciated.

2k DE list

HQ
    Archon- Huskblade, Combat drugs, Shadowfield, Soul Trap

Haemonculus, Hexrifle

Haemonculus, Liquifier gun, agonizer

ELites
    6 incubi
    Raider , Aethersails , Nightshields, flickerfields

3 trueborn, 2 dark lances

Troops

20 Warriors, Blaster, 2 splinter cannon

10 Warriors, Blaster, Splinter Cannon, sybarite, agonizer
    Raider, Flicker Field

10 Warriors, Blaste, Splinter Cannon, sybarite, agonizer
    Raider, Flickerfield,

10 Wyches. Hydra Gaunts, Razor Flails, Hekatrix, Agonizer
    Raider, Night Shields

9 Wyches, Razor Flail, Hekatrix, Agonizer
    Raider, Night Shields

Ravager, Flickerfield

Ravager, Flickerfield

Chronos, Spirit Probe, Spirit Vortex

1998 Total

hexrifle haemonculus starts off with the ground unit of warriors to give them pain token, and he leaves to snipe off MC and IC.
    other Haemonculus is with wyches.
    archon is with incubi.

WHFB>WH40K

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Formerly Prince of Excess EmoJosh's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    368 (x8)

I'd give the Archon a Phantasm so his Incubi can benefit from the Grenades.

I don't really like Hexrifles much. You're putting an IC on it's own without a good save, so it's likely to be killed. The rifle itself has to hit, wound, they have to fail their save and then fail their Wound Test. That is a lot of hoops to jump though for a kill. It's not very expensive but for my points I'd rather spend them elsewhere. Other Heamonculus looks fine, built for assault and can help by shooting down a few MEQs if you're lucky.

Nightshields are worthless on a vehicle intending to get close, you have more reliable ways of keeping that boat in the air. Aethersails are okay but I think you'll find you very rarely need them, so drop them if you're squeezed for points.

I like the sekk and destroy Trueborn more, giving them a Venom and Blasters. This unit is to small to survive and will be an early target. You're all giving a KP for very little effort. Not a good unit.

I don't see the point of a Blaster in a Warrior mob, they're unlikely to use it much. Also, why is this unit in the list, what is it's purpose? You have a very in your face army, it is unlikely this unit will spend time Rapid Firing, so it is an expensive host for Splinter Cannons, which are not a good enough gun to warrant the points. Why not just use small Warrior units in Venoms? This gives you more shooting via the Venoms and the ability to keep up, also you can use them to block LoS to your more important boats like the Wyches and Incubi.

10 man Warrior units looking good, very versatile.

I'd rather have more Razorflails in the Wyches, the extra hits and wounds are better then potential for more attacks. Again, Nightshields are bad on a get in your face boat, they work for Ravagers and not much else.

Three Ravagers is better for redundancy and you can't ever have to much transport opening power. The Chronos will probably get left behind and be a frequent target of anti-tank fire because Raiders/Venoms go down quickly. A Ravager with Nightshields is a bit more survivable for similar points. I wouldn't call Flickerfields on them a necessity but they're not bad.

Overall you should have Flickfields on your Assault Raiders and Nightshields on your long range threats. You really don't need one or the other on every vehicle as the points add up, rely on terrain, moving for cover and blocking with your less valuable vehicles. Make sure your units are very trimmed, DE can't afford bloated units as they're so fragile. I'd say drop one Haemonculus or make both the way your Wych one is, as both the Incubi and Wyches like FNP, but Wyches NEED it. Drop that 20 man unit for the transports and guns you need, left over points will probably buy you a Venom squad.
    Check my Blog for Battle Reports, useless ranting and more! Comments appreciated.
    Like to talk Warhammer or want some advice on Armies or Tactics? Drop me a PM!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

the 20 man unit of warriors is mainly for take and hold of objectives. they are a massive squad that can dish out a fat amount of firepower. i do see your point about the blaster though and will probably drop it.

i want to try out the hexrifle. if after a few games it proves useless then i will probably trade that heamy for a CC one.

same goes for chronos. i like it because its serves two purposes. the first is the most obvious, if they leave it alone then they will watch as my units rack up pain tokens even faster. if they decide to focus it, it may die, but that means they are ignoring my raiders/ravagers and squads, which will then annihilate his force. or at least thats how i see it. im gonna test him and see how it goes.

as far as the trueborn. i would like to give them the venom but there is no model for it atm. if you could point me to some good conversions (and if you know and other good conversions for wracks and grots) then i would probably go for it.
    WHFB>WH40K

Formerly Prince of Excess EmoJosh's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    368 (x8)

Best conversion for a Venom I've seen and the most common is a Vyper without the HW on it. Smaller than a Raider, has the right looking guns and build, just very nice.

I'm all for trying things out, maybe the Hexrifle and Chronos will work out for you. Just has been my experience they're a bit lackluster, but that's not a fact written in stone.

I'm not sure if/how many times you've tested the army, but one thing I'd keep an eye on is how your assault elements fair. Most of the winning DE lists in my area are 100% mobile and take enemy objectives because that kind of goes along with how they're built. If you find the Warrior squad doing well, that would be good. If you find your assault being turned away and you losing games, you may want to consider going completely aggressive. Just one of those things you can only see when playing a lot of games.
    Check my Blog for Battle Reports, useless ranting and more! Comments appreciated.
    Like to talk Warhammer or want some advice on Armies or Tactics? Drop me a PM!

+ Reply to Thread