<1000 In need of a little help with a 1K Comp List - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    9 Post(s)
    0 Thread(s)

42 (x1)

In need of a little help with a 1K Comp List

After a break from Tyranids I've decided to come back to the army and would like some advice on this new list. The reason I converted to Thousand Sons insteady of my trusty 'Hive Fleet Mandrake' was that, frankly, I was sick of losing. I've played Tyranids since 2005 and seen two Codexes come and go but still, I don't seem to be able to get a hang of building a decent army...

Still. After a sojourn and sauna in a digestion pool I'm back with what I hope is a good list.

Hive Tyrant with Sword, 1 set of devourers, ancient adversary, acid blood, toxic miasma, regeneration and an electroshock swarm as well as paroxysm and leech essence. 285pts

1 Hive Guard. 50pts

20 Hormagaunts with Toxin Sacs. 160pts

11 Genestealers with scything talons and adrenal glands, Broodlord with talons and glands. 276pts

Heavy Support
    Trygon with Regeneration. 225pts

Total: 996pts

The vague idea behind the army is that the Genestealers outflank, and the Trygon deep strikes. My Hormagaunts and Tyrant stick close, the Tyrant giving them synapse and handy rerolls whilst the Guard trails along behind them, hitting any light tanks that could prove to be a nuisance. I'm hoping that my MCs can open any tanks I might come across and that my Broodlord could provide assistance with his rending claws...

"Take their gold, burn their homes, kill their familes and enslave their souls. Show them no mercy...oh and could you post these letters while you're out?"
    -Malekith, Witch King of Naggaroth.

2. Remove Advertisements

Formerly Prince of Excess EmoJosh's Avatar
    Gilbert, AZ
    0 Post(s)
    0 Thread(s)

368 (x8)

What is your Tyrants job? He looks to be all over the place. If he is built for assault, screw the guns, get him some Guard and run every turn. Get him a Lashwhip with Sword, Scything Talons, slap Old Adversary, Paroxysm and Leech Essence on, good to go. If he's a shooter, screw the combat upgrades. Get him good guns and Wings so he can get the best LoS and get into range faster.

You want at least one unit of 3 Hive Guard, they're one of the best units in the book.

Hormagaunts are looking good.

12 is probably more Stealers then you need. You don't really need Adrenal Glands, Talons are good enough to shred something. I'd go with 8 or 10 here, including the Broodlord.

Trygons are good but forget Regen and make him a Prime. Better Shooting and another Synapse Creature.

I'd run the following:
    Hive Tyrant w/ Laship and Bonesword, Scything Talons, Paroxysm, Leech Essence and Old Adversary
    3 Hive Guard
    20 Hormies w/ Toxin Sacs
    9 Genestealers w/ Scything Talons, Broodlord w/ Scything Talons
    Trygon Prime

Leaves you 49 points to play with and a good assault force. Run the Trygon up with your army, he can give the Hormies/Tyrant cover and Deep Strike is unreliable. Stealers can run up, Infiltrate or Outflank as you need, don't fall in love with always doing one option. Hive Guard find a nice wall to stand behind and pop Rhinos for their friends, you also have 2 MCs and a Rending unit for anti-tank.

Hope that helps!
    Check my Blog for Battle Reports, useless ranting and more! Comments appreciated.
    Like to talk Warhammer or want some advice on Armies or Tactics? Drop me a PM!

Senior Member Hive Fleet Macarbe's Avatar
    With the mind
    0 Post(s)
    0 Thread(s)

128 (x3)

Hive tyrants and carnis need to be runned as a single thing. NEVER mix and match with them. Make them either pure CC or pure ranged. The list above is a nice list, but drop the scything talons on the stealers and drop the brood to 8 and see if you can fit in 10 termagaunts. If not drop the prime upgrade and make a nice brood of termagaunts. Purely for numbers.

+ Reply to Thread