<1000 Coming back to 40k, first Eldar army, advice appreciated! - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Coming back to 40k, first Eldar army, advice appreciated!

Hi all! First off, great forum here. Seems like a lot of good people.

I'm returning to 40k after a 10 year hiatus. A friend just got a Space Wolf army and was begging me to get back in it.

I decided to choose an army for its models - Eldar. We decided to start with 600 pts, so here was the list I drew up - again, primarily for the models, but I do want to be competitive, so advice is appreciated:

HQ
    Farseer - 55pts
    w/Jetbike, Singing Spear, Spirit Stones, Doom, Fortune, Runes of Warding - 108pts
    = 163pts

TROOPS
    3 Jetbikes - 66pts
    w/Shuriken Cannon - 10pts
    = 76pts

TROOPS
    3 Jetbikes - 66pts
    w/Shuriken Cannon - 10pts
    = 76pts

HEAVY SUPPORT
    Wraithlord - 90pts <-- LOVE THESE MODELS
    Bright Lance, Wraithsword - 50pts
    = 140pts

HEAVY SUPPORT
    Wraithlord - 90pts
    Star cannon, Wraithsword - 40pts
    = 130pts

Total=600

The other thought was to swap out a Wraithlord and put in a couple War Walkers with Starcannons and Shuriken Cannons, which would free up an extra 20 pts.

Any thoughts would be much appreciated. I hope to expand this army over time to 1k and then 1500 and then 2000.

Cheers!

Last edited by beltenebros; March 14th, 2011 at 02:20.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ok, changing the list based on suggestions from elsewhere. New list as follows:

HQ: Farseer ( 55 ) w/ Doom ( 25 )

HQ: Farseer ( 55 ) w/ Guide ( 20 )

TROOP: 5 Dire Avengers ( 60 ) w/ 1 Exarch ( 12 ), Two Shuriken Catapults ( 5 ), Bladestorm ( 15 )

TROOP: 5 Dire Avengers ( 60 ) w/ 1 Exarch ( 12 ), Two Shuriken Catapults ( 5 ), Bladestorm ( 15 )

HEAVY: Wraithlord ( 90 ) w/ Starcannon ( 30 ), Wraithsword ( 10 )

HEAVY: Wraithlord ( 90 ) w/ Starcannon ( 30 ), Wraithsword ( 10 )

TOTAL = 599pts

Any feedback at all appreciated. Once I start construction I'll be chronicling that as well. Cheers.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    168 (x4)

Hello and welcome back,

1. 2 hq in 600-1000 points is bad bad bad. you cannot afford 2 hq in an elite army that need more bodies
    2. 5 man avenger with exarch and 2 catapults and bladestorm is not what you would want . you have a model that is worth 44 points in a 5 man unit that have t3 and save 4+. just think about it. and also 5 man unit on foot = i want to die and lose all my troops and lose the game
    3. wraithlord with sword and starcannon? i mean i dig the sword but starcannon? who use that against marines in cover? or that guy who gave u advice play against children?

Now i understand you like wraithlords. good. take them. in low points they fare ok. just put them magnetic weapons and try them you`ll see that scatter laser is better than the starcannon and you`ll see if you need an EML or a brightlance.

Now you need other troops. I liked better the jetbike choices. T4 and 3+ save is better than the bladestrom low count of models. If you want avengers just take more bodies and do not bother with the exarch. you cannot afford it at this point level.

Take a single farseer with doom and rune of warding so a rune priest do not break your day.

In list building always think on low % of upgrades and more bodies. bodies win games not the lonely 200 point model (unless you are a SW or GK player).

hope it helped
    Hight elf and Craftworld Eldar army project pics heavy: linky

+ Reply to Thread