<2000 eldar mech. Want Advice - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

eldar mech. Want Advice

I'm looking for some advice outside of my local club. I have a 2k tournament in a few weeks and I want to fine tune a list I had in mind. I usually play hybred but want to try a full mech list:

FarSeer with x2 Runes, Stones, Doom, Fortune - 155

Prince Yriel - 155

10 storm Guardians, x2 Flamers, Warlock with Destructor in a Wave Serpent with Shuri-Cannon, Stones, EML - 267

10 Storm Guardians as above - 267

10 Storm Guardians as above - 267

10 Howling Banshees including Exarch with Executioner Axe in a Wave Serpent with Shuri-Cannon, Stones, EML - 322

5 Fire Dragons including Exarch with Dragon Breath Flamer and Crack Shot - 97

5 Fire Dragons as above - 97

Falcon with Shuri-Cannon, Stones, Scatter Lasers, Holo-Fields - 185

Falcon as above - 185

If my maths done right that comes out to 1997. May or may not put a Singing Spear on the FarSeer. FarSeer and Yriel go with the Banshees and try and take out things like Terminators or MC while everything else pretty much does what ever it can. The dragons go in the Falcons and speed towards any armor, MC, or hoard. I tried to make it an all comers list since I don't know what I'm gonna face. I went with Falcons over Prisms because even if shaken they can still be a transport and I gave the Fire Dragon Exarch the Flamer and crack shot to diversify what the unit can attack. Its a simple list but I don't think that in itself makes it bad. Any advice? Its mostly Blood Angels, Space Wolves, and Chaos Marines, with some IG and bugs where I play.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    109 (x3)

I really don't like your fire dragons in falcons. Those falcons are set out to be shooters, and you are having your 185pt falcons do what a 100pt serpent could do. And you only have 6 flying tanks. That Farseer, Yriel, and Banshee unit is a lot of points in a single place.

For example, here is my 2k Mechdar list. And yes, I do include the Avatar in my Mechdar list, why, because it is an awesome assault deterrent and anchors the army as it rotates away from the enemy. Also handles nasty things like Venerable Dreadnought drops very well. He also draws a lot of AT firepower which would have been directed at my serpents.

Eldrad
    10 DA + Ex + Bladestor in a Waveserpent(SL, SC)
    10 DA + Ex + Bladestor in a Waveserpent(SL, SC)
    5 DA in a Waveserpent(EML, SC)
    5 DA in a Waveserpent(EML, SC)

5 Firedragons in a Waveserpent(SC, SC, Stones)

Fire Prism with Holofields
    Fire Prism with Holofields
    Falcon(BL, SC, Holofields)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I only own the 4 Wave Serpents and 2 Falcons and dont really have the money for new models. Kind of a make due with what I have situation. I figured that the Falcons could All Out first turn and get closer for turn 2 madness. With the new fast transport errata this may seem dangerous but between the cover save and the holo-fields I think I'll be all right. Also the stipulation for the tournament is that I must have 1 named HQ. And as I don't think any of the Phoenix Lords (other than maybe Maugan-Ra) are point effective that leaves Yriel, Eldrad, and the Avatar. The Banshees do seem a little off since the rest of the army is shooty but I really dont know what to replace them with and I liked the idea of using them as a point and kill unit. I could go with another squad of Guardians instead. I'm liking them over DA's simply because theres no roll to hit with the flamers and if you cause enough wounds to a squads they're bound to roll 1's and 2's for saves. I was also thinking of 3 War Walkers with 6 EML's. I'm fighting the urge to go Hybrid and throw in some Path Finders or Maugan-Ra with an EML Reaper Exarch.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    168 (x4)

I agree with zagman but if you cannot field more than 6 tanks then you have 2 choices.

First i would change the stormies setups to melta/singing spear warlock. You can keep the destructor or change it to enhance so you can annoy marine combat squads or devastators.

Tht will provide more threats so you don`t have your falcons shaken each turn.

Now your other option is to build some custom turrets (i made on this forum a thread on how to build them cheap and very good looking- you can see them in my project link from my signature). Make the 2 falcons serpents. Do the melta change on 2 of 3 stormies. Cheapen the farseer. With the extra points take walkers or eml fast shot reapers squads.

And play test it
    Hight elf and Craftworld Eldar army project pics heavy: linky

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ok what if I got rid of the banshees, yriel, and the farseer. Take a 10 dragon squad in the banshees serpent. Put eldrad in 1 Falcon, a Guide Seer with runes in the other falcon and take 3 War Walkers each with two EML. That let's the dragons speed to where they need to be and Eldrad and the other Seer can guide both Falcons and the Walker squadron.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

10 dragons is wayyyyy overkill. Go with 5 or 6. Also, dont take a dragons breath, take a firepike and crackshot to make them better at killing tanks. Also, Id highly recommend scatter laser war walkers. They are better for cheaper.

The Hand that guides.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ok so here's my second go:

Eldrad - 210

FarSeer with Runes of witnessing and Doom - 85

5 Dire Avengers - 60

5 Dire Avengers - 60

10 Storm Guardians, x2 Flamers, Warlock with Destructor, Wave Serpent with Stones and EML - 257

10 Storm Guardians as above - 257

5 Fire Dragons in Wave Serpent with Stones and EML - 210

5 Fire Dragons as above - 210

1 Vyper with dual Shuri-Cannons - 60

1 Vyper as above - 60

1 Falcon with Stones, Scatter Lasers, Holo-Fields - 175

1 Falcon as above - 175

3 War Walkers with 6 Scatter Lasers - 180

Eldrad and the FarSeer each go in a Falcon with a squad of DA's. They guide the Falcons and Walkers and stay back and try and claim objectives. Vypers boost first turn and try and draw attention to themselves as the 4 serpents advance. There's almost 0 CC but hopefully the fire power and speed will let me avoid it as long as possable. When it happens use Eldrad to doom what the guardians go after. Thoughts?

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

109 (x3)

This list is much better, but I would like to see EMLs on those Falcons, or they need Shuriken cannons to maximize their firepower.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I could take the stones off the GuideSeer and put EMLs on both Falcons. I'm more confident with this list. There's more that my opponent has to deal with and when I do lose something I'm not as bad off as I was before. 9 targets is safer than 6. Plus there's things no one really runs (Dakka Vypers for example) in my club so it might catch someone off guard.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

109 (x3)

Take the EMLs off of the fire dragon transports, run them with SC TLSC and stones.

Put the EMLs on the Falcons. Then put Scatterlasers on the Vipers, you really don't want them in bolter range, the 36" shot drastically improves their effectiveness. If you could, EMLs work well on Vipers too, mainly for the small blast as their BS3 is less of an issue, also they can be used for AT in need be.

You should feel more confident, this list is much much better.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast