<3000 2500 Tau - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: 2500 Tau

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

2500 Tau

HQ
    85 Commander
    TL Fusion, Missile Pod, HW multitracker
    50 Ethereal
    149 Body Guard (12)
    Team Leader, Bonding Knife
    Troops
    135 Fire Warriors (12)
    Team Leader, Bonding Knife
    220 Fire Warriors (12)
    Team Leader, Bonding Knife, Devil Fish W/ Disruption pods
    220 Fire Warriors (12)
    220 Fire Warriors (12)
    220 Fire Warriors (12)
    220 Fire Warriors (12)
    Fast Attack
    196 Pathfinders (8
    86 Vespids (5)
    Strain leader
    Heavy Support
    260 Broadsides (3)
    Team leader, HW Drone controller (2) shield drones
    260 Broadsides (3)
    Team leader, HW Drone controller (2) shield drones
    175 Hammerhead
    Rail gun, Smart missile system, Multi tracker, Disruption pods

setup is Ethereal squad, non-mounted firewarriors, pathfinders , and broadsides in a building. The rest of the firewarriors mounted and hammerhead ready to roll out. the non-mounted firewarriors hitch a ride with the pathfinder devilfish. From turn to turn the broadsides pathfinders and ethereal squad chill in a building and the 6 mounted firewarrior teams and hammerhead move around and isolate and eliminate parts of the opponents army and claim objectives.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Does anyone have any suggestions to improve this list?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ethereal is really not that good and by that I mean it is really bad. There are not many crisis suits in the list which is the bread and butter of Tau. I would drop at least half of the fire warrior squads and put in Crisis teams. Fireknife usually is a good choice. Also I think the broadsides have to take a support system. This is usually Adavanced Stabalization system to get a bit of movement or Targeting Array to increase accuracy. I usually have 2 squads of broadsides one with AdavancedSS and one with TA. Hope that helps.

-Rush5

5. LikeLiefBlackclaw liked this post.
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    72 (x2)

Unfortunately the state of the game leaves Tau with pretty much 1 list with minor tweaks here and there. If you go to the votewar section you can see the Tau lists there and model your list after them. A quick break down is this.

HQ: Shase'l (Shas'o is not worth the points unless you need them for LD save, ethereal's are garbage) Equipped with 1 of 4 builds
    -Fireknife (mpod + plas rifle + hwmt + TA)
    -Deathrain ( TL mpods + something cheap bsfliter/flamer/ta)
    -Helios ( Fblaster + plas rifle + hwmt +TA)
    -Anti-infantry* (AFP + Burst cannon + hwmt + Ta)
    *not a typical build I use it in low point games against my friends orks/dark eldar/gaurd/nids

Elites: Crisis suits, as many as you can get. 1 of 2 builds.
    -Fireknife (mpod + plas rifle + Mt)
    -Deathrain ( TL mpods + something cheap bsfliter/flamer/ta)

Troops:
    -FW keep to a minimum, they are too expensive for what they do. Usually you take 6 in a devil fish as an upgrade to your devilfish to make it able to hold objectives. You either purchase the Dfish for them, or take one from a pathfinder squad you purchased.
    -Kroot, use as a speed bump, ugly but necessary (if we get a new codex I can't wait to toss these), they are a "moderately acceptable in cc" so you spread them like a fence, and sit behind it. They are sacrificial, do not get emotionally attached to them. Usually 2 squads so you can sit in one corner and build the fence on the other 2 sides. Take hounds to allow first strike against marine equivalent. Typical squad is 10 kroot + 5 hounds. It's 100 points so it's easy to throw into a list, and not a huge loss when you inevitably have them taken off the table. (if you can incorporate a tree line into your castle wall it greatly increases survival.

Fast attack: Arguably the place in our list which has the most freedom, this does not mean a lot, but "most" relatively speaking. This variation comes in the form of , do I have enough points to take either of these units, if I do Piranha first, pathfinders next, and here is the fun part when you get enough points for both you get to decide if you want 1 of each, or multiples of something!!! "OOO look at all the decision making you get to do!"
    -Pathfinders: Great in things above 1500, otherwise that manditory Dfish makes them too cost prohibitive. (tau suck in low point games anyway, but if you play them don't take pathfinders)
    -Piranha: Awesome! <3 these things. Use them to block movement of enemies, even if this means turbo boosting 1 inch in front of a vehicle, if this prevents them from moving that turn AWESOME! Use them like a road block. There is lots of info for how to do this.

Heavy: 2 Choices, vary squad size with points, and upgrades for hammer heads accordingly.
    a ) 1 hammerhead with railgun, 2 squads of broadside suits with Advanced Stab system
    b ) 2 hammerheads with railguns, 1 squad of broadside suits with advanced stab system

So to fix up the list, it would look like this:

HQ:
    Shas'el w/ Plasma Rifle/Fusion Blaster (Helios set up) TA, HW MT, HW drone controller + 2 shield drones -127

Shas'el w/ Plasma Rifle/Missile Pods (Fireknife set up) TA, HW MT, HW drone controller + 2 shield drones + bonding knife + HW BSfilter -299
    Body Gaurd: 2 Fireknife suits with HWMT + TA

Elites:

Fireknife suits (plasma rifle, Missile Pod) x 3 w/ leader HW MT+ bonding knife so he can have TA, non-leaders have MT- 206
    Fireknife suits (plasma rifle, Missile Pod) x 3 w/ leader HW MT+ bonding knife so he can have TA, non-leaders have MT- 206
    Deathrain suits( twin linked M pods) x 3, w/ flamer - 141

Troops:
    FW x 6 -60
    FW x6 in Dfish with mt,TA and dpods- 160
    Kroot x10 + 5 hounds = 100
    Kroot x10 + 5 hounds = 100

Fast:
    Pathfinders x 8 - Dfish with mt, TA and dpods, TA-196
    Piranha skimmer x2 - F Discharger, TA, Dpods, Fusion blaster - 85
    Piranha skimmer x2- F Discharger, TA, Dpods, Fusion blaster- 85

Heavy:
    Broadside x 3 - Advanced stabilization systems, leader with HW drone controller + 2 shield drones & hw target lock + bonding knife -285
    Railhead - Dpod, railgun, burst cannon, mt- 165
    Railhead - Dpod , railgun, burst cannon, mt- 165

Total: 2500

Thats the problem with making suggestions to others lists, it ends up being the same list. When I first got into Tau I found quickly that posting for questions on how to build a list, quickly turned into me seeing the same list over and over again.
    Last edited by scottyde; April 1st, 2011 at 11:02.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I have found in playing against my friends that I run out of troops to claim objectives.
    At 2500 think about how many troops are in a horde army.
    Thats the only problem I have with this purposed list.
    One round of shooting is gonna wipe out the firewarrior squads and I would be left with 2 ways to claim objectives.
    I do like the piranhna's, the broadside, and crisis team setups.
    thank you, you have been very insightful.
    "Surround yourself with the greatest warriors at your command, or cower in the deepest and darkest hole you can find. It matters not. I shall take your head for the Great Khan and for the Emperor!" Kor'sarro Khan White Scars 3rd Compnay

+ Reply to Thread