<3000 Ork 2000pts list first time - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    421 (x8)

Ork 2000pts list first time

So i've been wanting to do an ork army for a bit now since my other armies have a low army count and it doesn't matter if I lose some orks on the way to the fight. Here's my list.

HQ
    Warboss with 'eavy armour, power klaw, cybork body, attack squig and bosspole 120pts
    Big Mek with a kustom force field and eavy armour 90pts

Troops
    30 Slugga boyz with a nob with a power klaw and boss pole 220pts
    20 Shoota boyz with 2 big shootas, a nob with a power klaw and boss pole 230pts
    Trukk with red paint job 40pts (Burnas go here)
    6 Nobz with 'eavy armour, 2 power klaws, shoota/skorcha, 2 big choppas, painboy, cybork body, waaagh banner 290pts
    Trukk with red paint job 40pts

Elites
    12 Burnas 180pts
    12 Lootas 180pts

Heavy Support
    Battlewagon with red paint job, 2 big shootas, deff rolla, stikkbomb chukka, grot riggers, kannon 145pts (Shoota boyz go here)
    3 Killa kans with grot zookas 135pts
    Deff Dread with 2 close combat arms and grot riggers 110pts

Total 2000pts

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm also making my first 2k list and its really similar to what you got (partly because those are the models I have lol) but I'm running all shoota squads, 1-2 full 15 man lootas squads (why not, they're not that pricey for more autocannon dakka) and instead of a burner mob, I'm gonna bring a kommado squad. I always thought kommados suck but what I didn't realize was that you could take snikrot with them and get guarentee'd board edge with 3 scorchas. That'd be 3 power weapons or flamer templates with 6 krakgrenade attacks on a charge. Since you can come in wherever you want, I think its almost guaranteed that you'll get into an assault the turn they arrive whether with an expensive leman russ squadron, an obnoxious fang squad or even the predators I see all too often.

I can't stand sluggas anymore since I've ran a few games with 90 slugga boyz and they're always either at like 10 boyz when they get into CC or I've spread them out to minimize battle cannon/thunderfire wounds and they get the less than optimal charge attacks. On the other hand with shootas, I figure I can start shooting by turn 1 or 2 at the latest and continue to shoot into turn 3 or 4. So while my slugga boyz would've been useless running D6" per shooting phase, my shoota boyz are taking a marine off here and there.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    192 (x4)

Just an FYI, the deff dread is a troops choice due to the big mek.
    The battlewagon can also be a dedicated transport for the nobz.

This gives you 2 free heavy slots, if you want to move some points around and add some more killa kans, or some battle wagons. This way you could run a 2-3 BW list, with trukks, or a 6 kan list + BW support, etc.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    421 (x8)

I was thinking of getting rid of the lootas and the burnas plus the trukk for the burnas so that would give me 400pts spare and I know it stays that but it doesn't I just didn't see the point cause there was nothing else I could fit in .

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

well now you can fit in 6 more killy kanz

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

421 (x8)

I decided I don't want Nobz anymore because I can fit in way more models that will be more effective so this is the new list.

HQ
    Warboss with 'eavy armour, power klaw, cybork body, attack squig and bosspole 120pts

Troops
    20 Shoota boyz with 2 big shootas, a nob with a power klaw and boss pole 170pts
    20 Shoota boyz with 2 big shootas, a nob with a power klaw and boss pole 170pts
    Deff Dread with two close combat arms and grot riggers 110pts

Elites
    15 Lootas 225pts
    15 Lootas 225pts

Heavy Support
    Battlewagon with 2 big shootas, deff rolla, grot riggers, kannon 135pts (Shoota boyz go here)

Total 1820pts

This leaves me with 180pts, anyone got any ideas?
    Last edited by The Silent One; April 16th, 2011 at 11:00.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm doing the same thing regarding shoota boyz into a battlewagon but note that the wagon can only hold 20 boyz. Unless you're footing the big mek.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

421 (x8)

I am footing the mek and getting as many unit as close as to him as possible then putting a squad of boyz behing the kans, it might slow them down but some more orks might reach combat then normal
    Last edited by The Silent One; April 14th, 2011 at 23:22.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

421 (x8)

Is this list any good cause I don't feel like I have enough variety of units, but I dunno whether I would want to get rid of the second shoota squad cause then I don't think I'll do very wwell in objective games, can anyone advise me whether it would be worth swapping the shootas for another heavy choice or fast attack choice?

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    72 (x2)

I personally never foot slog choppa/slugga boys. You are almost better off with swapping the equipment of your boys around.

HQ
    Warboss with 'eavy armour, power klaw, cybork body,attack squig, and bosspole 120pts

Troops
    30 Shoota boyz 3 big shootas with a nob with a power klaw and boss pole 235pts
    30 Shoota boyz 3 big shootas with a nob with a power klaw and boss pole 235pts
    19 Slugga boyz , a nob with a power klaw and boss pole 154pts
    20 Slugga boyz , a nob with a power klaw and boss pole 160pts
    Deff Dread with skorcha + close combat arm and grot riggers 100pts

Elites
    15 Lootas 225pts
    15 Lootas 225pts

Heavy Support
    Battlewagon with 1 big shootas, deff rolla, grot riggers, kannon 140pts, armour plates, rpj (Slugga boys + warboss go here)
    Battlewagon with 1 big shootas, deff rolla, grot riggers, kannon 140pts, armour plates, rpj (Slugga boyz go here)

1959 Total:

Last 40 spend on either grot squad or Rokkit buggy. Your call

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast