<1000 Tau 500 Point Army List: Experimental - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Tau 500 Point Army List: Experimental

Hi guys here I have an experimental 500 Point army list. Please let me know what you think!

HQ

Commander (Shas'el)
    Hard-wired drone controller
    - Shield Drone x2
    Stimulus injector
    Multi-tracker
    Plasma rifle
    Missile pod
    Bodyguard
    - Gun Drone x1
    Failsafe detonator
    Twin-linked missile pods
    Targeting array
    Pts: 227

TROOPS

Fire Warrior Team
    - Shas'ui
    - Shas'la x5
    Bonding Knife
    Hard-wired target lock
    -Marker Drone x1
    -Shield Drone x1
    Photon Grenade x6

Kroot Carnivore Squad
    Kroot x7
    Kroot Hound x6
    Pts:216

ELITE

XV8
    - Shas'ui x1
    Targeting array
    Twin-linked missile pods
    Pts:65

TOTAL POINTS: 508

Tactics: Hmm... this may call for a lot of criticism because I have never actually played Tau ever. This is my first time and I'm also a bit rusty because I haven't been playing 40K for about 7-8 years... (I was about 13-14 when I stopped and I wasn't even fully familiar with the rules then, but now I have read the 5th edition rulebook and covered a lot of the Tau Codex)

Basically this army list set-up calls for Deep Strike of HQ and Elite while having the Fire Warrior Team as bait and Kroot as meat-shield and melee protection or will be infiltrated (Kroot are also bait). And every unit but the Kroot (at times) will be keeping as large a distance as possible but also within firing range of each-other so each unit can basically offer protection for one another, so if the opponent decides to go for my suits I can hopefully shoot them down in the process.

Also the bodyguard has a failsafe detonator in case of failed assault so my Commander can run away while the bodyguard takes out as much of the assaulting unit as possible.

I do think though, that this list is very weak on dealing with enemy vehicles.

Please tell me all your thoughts and criticisms! Thanks guys!

Last edited by friendlymunki; April 10th, 2011 at 21:58.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Whats the reason for the target lock on the shas'ui?

id suggest removing it and giving the shas'ui a markerlight with a multi tracker (instead of the marker drone) so he can fire his markerlight and then fire his gun with it, so he can still attack while possibly increasing the BS of his group or anyone else that could benifit from it, and this also allows a gun drone instead, allowing more fire power and the chance to pin
    Its just something i would do

also the kroot need a minimum of 10 in the squad, and the total of the kroot squad doesnt add up
    what you have down, the total would be 85

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Whats the reason for the target lock on the shas'ui?

id suggest removing it and giving the shas'ui a markerlight with a multi tracker (instead of the marker drone) so he can fire his markerlight and then fire his gun with it, so he can still attack while possibly increasing the BS of his group or anyone else that could benifit from it, and this also allows a gun drone instead, allowing more fire power and the chance to pin
    Its just something i would do

also the kroot need a minimum of 10 in the squad, and the total of the kroot squad doesnt add up
    what you have down, the total would be 85

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

make the bodyguard a regular XV8. hes not worth the points you're spending on him. Also, I understand that you want to keep your HQ alive, but I wouldn't put so many extras on him, especially in such a low point game.

hope this helps

+ Reply to Thread