<3000 eldar list - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: eldar list

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

eldar list

just written this list for 2000 point eldar army and would appreciate some pointers on what to include or exclude. thx

HQ

Autarch---100pts
    70pts
    mandiblasters-10pts
    power weapon-10pts
    fusion gun-10pts

Farseer---275pts
    55pts
    3 warlocks (bodyguard)-75pts
    Warlock 1-destructor-10pts
    Warlock 2-enhance-15pts
    Warlock3-conceal-15pts
    Farseer powers:
    Eldritch storm-20pts
    Fortune-30pts
    Guide-20pts
    Mind war-20pts

Runes of warding-15pts
    Runes of witnessing-10pts
    Spirit stones-20pts

Elites

Howling banshees---139pts mounted in waveserpent with scatter lasers (25pts),
    X7-112pts star engines(15pts) and spirit stones(10pts)-130pts
    Exarch-12pts
    Mirrorswords-10pts
    War shout-5pts

Troops

Wraithguard---291pts
    X8-245pts
    Warlock-25pts
    (spiritseer)-6pts
    Enhance-15pts

Dire avengers---153pts
    X8-96pts
    Exarch-12pts
    Power weapon and shimmer shield-15pts
    Defend-15pts
    Bladestorm-15pts

Dire avengers---111pts
    X7-84pts
    Exarch-12pts
    Power weapon and shimmer shield-15pts

Guardians---84
    X8-64pts
    Missile launcher weapon platform-20pts

Guardian jetbikes---66pts
    X3-66pts

Rangers---120pts
    X5-95pts
    Pathfinders-5pts per model.

Fast attack

Eldar hornet---90pts
    X1-55pts
    Bright lance-30pts
    Shuriken cannon-5pts

Heavy support

Shadow spectres---190pts
    X5-175pts
    Cynosure-15pts

Wraithlord---125
    (1 flamer and 1 shuriken catapult)
    Wraithsword-10pts
    Missile launcher-25pts

Wraithlord---150
    (1 flamer and 1 shuriken catapult)
    Scatter laser-20pts
    Bright lance-40pts

Total---2024

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

First off, you can't write how much each upgrade costs, only the total; we all have the codex. Second, since you only have 8 wraithguard, they're considered elites. I would start by trimming off points from the farseer. You can only cast two powers a turn; the others are wasted. I'd take doom and guide personally. Next I'd recommend the extra catapault for your dire avengers instead of the sword and shield. You're going to want to keep them out of CC. I would also put bladestorm on both squads and max them to ten. Instead of your extremely expensive wraithguard I would use five fire dragons in a serpent with spirit stones for a fraction of the cost, preferably two squads at this point level. I'd drop the engines on your serpents; they're just unnecessary. Guardians need at least ten people to be legal. I'd just drop them to add to your bike squad; try for six so you can have two shuriken cannons. Lastly, pathfinders are different for everyone but at this point total, they aren't really worth it. Wraithlords should probably have two flamers, and I would give them each a missile launcher and a bright lance; the wraithsword is a definite waste. There's some other stuff, but work with that and then we'll see.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

thx, i'll make some adjustments

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    248 (x5)

Yea there's no reason to fully upgrade the Farseer. Eldrad is cheaper, and is more powerful.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    146 (x4)

noticed that one of the warlocks has conceal, theres not much in the 40k universe that ignores their invunerable saves which is better than the cover save this gives you. S my advice is to change conceal to embolden, this allows you to reroll failed phychic spells as well as moral tests.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    248 (x5)

I don't want to sound like a jerk but sometimes I wonder if people even read the rules.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    53 (x3)

Quote Originally Posted by SJPhillyVT View Post
    I don't want to sound like a jerk but sometimes I wonder if people even read the rules.
    Judging by the profile and post this is a 14 year old planning out their first army. Lets show them a little warmth in this dark dark universe.

Anyway I'd also suggest either going cheaper with the farseer or going up to Eldrad. I also don't like autarchs like that. They don't have the strength to really make good on all those power weapon attacks. Actually, I'm not very fond of autarchs at all unless you're doing a lot with reserves or maybe assault oriented jetbikes.

If you haven't bought stuff yet, you might want to let some practical considerations guide your initial development. For example howling Banshees come in boxes of five plus an exarc. So you see a lot of groups of six, and than groups of ten once people buy more. Though if there are a lot of Eldar around, you might be able to buy the single excess banshee they'll tend to have.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    146 (x4)

Quote Originally Posted by sunnyside View Post
    Judging by the profile and post this is a 14 year old planning out their first army. Lets show them a little warmth in this dark dark universe.

Anyway I'd also suggest either going cheaper with the farseer or going up to Eldrad. I also don't like autarchs like that. They don't have the strength to really make good on all those power weapon attacks. Actually, I'm not very fond of autarchs at all unless you're doing a lot with reserves or maybe assault oriented jetbikes.

If you haven't bought stuff yet, you might want to let some practical considerations guide your initial development. For example howling Banshees come in boxes of five plus an exarc. So you see a lot of groups of six, and than groups of ten once people buy more. Though if there are a lot of Eldar around, you might be able to buy the single excess banshee they'll tend to have.
    Check out EBAY if you can, you can find a few bargains there and there are lots of Eldar, just compare prices to what you would pay for in the shops if possible (Including the P+P price as its pointless to buy a box of say banshees for £1 cheaper than the shop and pay £2 P+P on top of it.)

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

all really help full i'll keep this in mind on my next list. cheers!

+ Reply to Thread