<2000 1000pts, help me make a list! :) - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

1000pts, help me make a list! :)

Hi all! I haven't played a game of 40k in about 6 years ha! Anyways, I am going to go get the ork codex today, but I was hoping just to get some advice on making a list, based on the models I already own, cos even with the codex I wouldn't be too sure where to start...

I'm aiming for around 1000pts to start off, and it would be good if the list incorporated everything else I have now, and then anything on top of that I will go out and scratch build or buy as needed.

I've got:

Ork Boss, could probably convert him to be a Big Mek
    2 Nobs, armed with big choppas and big shootas, but I could easily convert them to have different weapons

16 slugga boyz including 3 w flamers
    16 shoota boyz including 2 w big shootas and 1 w flamer

2 Trukks (could make any number more)

3 Killer Kans, one is big enough that it could be used as a Deff Dread instead.. (could make any number more kans/dreads)

Basically I don't really know what the best set up would be; I was thinking of putting the nobs into the units, then putting those into the trukks. With the leftover boyz that don't fit into the trukks I could convert them into another unit type, or I might buy another box and make another unit of boyz which could go by foot, or I can scratch them up a new trukk as well

Should the general be in a trukk with the rest of the army, and with some nobs; or just go with one of the units of boyz?

More Kans? Other unit types to consider?

Also, is it just me, or did the ork boyz box set get smaller?? I could have sworn it used to have more than 10 models in it....

Thanks everyone, I hope someone can help, and I hope I posted this in the right place...

Cheers!

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    192 (x4)

Get that codex asap and read it through!

Ork boyz can't take flamers anymore. They can take 1 big shoota, or 1 rocket launcher for every 10 models.

A max of 12 can fit in a trukk. You need to take a nob with pk/bp with each group.

Your list has the beginings of either a speed freaks, or a kan wall.

If you do a kan wall, you'd need another 6 kan's, and a big mek.

The possibly cheaper solution would be a speed freaks, which a battleforce would net you another trukk, 20 boyz, + 2 PK/BP nobz, and 3 warbikes.

After that, another cheap purchase is an AOBR ork set (get off ebay), which you can get from anywhere from 20 bucks to 40, depending on how long you want to wait, or fight for bids.

Assault on black reach gets you another 20 slugga boyz, a warboss with a pk/bp, 5 nobz, and 3 deff chopta's. You can then either use the deff chopta's as is, or mod them into buggies or more bikers.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

thanks for the help! Both those builds sound like fun, I'm kind of torn, as my list below might imply... Good ideas for building up a cheap force, i'll definitely keep an eye out on ebay for the black reach stuff

I got the codex the other day, 'tis a good read

I've come up with a bit of a sketchy list.. There are a few points I wasn't too sure on; Do I have to take a Warboss, or can a Big Mek lead my army?

Also, does it have to specifically say in the unit's entry that it can go into a trukk or battlewagon, or can I put any unit i like into a trukk/wagon? Reason I ask is cos it seems a bit odd having my burna boyz slugging it on foot while my other units zip about in trukks

And one more thing, with gretchin, is the runtherd in addition to the gretchin number..? Ie/ if I take 10 gretchin with a runtherd for 40pts, does that equal 10 models or 11 models? sorry, I know I should probably be posting these questions in a different area XO

my list (1000pts):

HQ 110
    Big Mek, KFF, PK, BP

TROOPS
    12 'Ard Boyz 210
    including Nob, PK, BP
    Trukk, Red paint job, boarding plank, grot riggers

12 Shoota boyz 162
    including Nob, PK, BP
    Trukk, Red Paint job, boarding plank, grot riggers

12 Gretchin 46
    including 1 Runtherd

Deff Dread, Mega blasta, Skorcha 100

ELITE:
    9 burna boyz 135
    including 3 Meks with Big Shootas

HEAVY:
    3 Killer Kans, rokkits 153

Deff Dread, rokkit launcha, skorcha 90

total: 1003 pts

I have everything on that list model-wise, minus a bit of converting here and there to make everything WYSIWYG.

I know it isn't much of a list, but it's what I gotz I seem to still be sitting between the two builds of kanwall and speedfreaks, which is possibly a bit odd. I figured I would just kanwall forward for a bit then whip the ladz about in their trukks at the last minute. If I remember anything abouts orks, I should be able to blunder into battle and it will prove a good larf regardless of if I win or lose

Criticism most welcome, especially on weapon choices and stuff like that as I was kind of unsure as to what I should be taking.

cheers

+ Reply to Thread