<1000 1kpt arrrmmey love some feedback :) - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

1kpt arrrmmey love some feedback :)

HELLO PEEPS!

i am gonna attend a tourny soon and decided to go with ma good ole tau. so here it is,enjoy

HQ
    shaso-157pts
    iridium armour
    stimulant injector
    shield generator
    air-bursting fragmentation projector

2 body guard-169pts
    1st-81pts
    stimulant injector
    shield generator
    flamer
    fusion blaster

2nd-88pts
    stimulant injector
    shield generator
    burst cannon
    cyclic ion blaster

troops
    12 fire warriors-120pts
    12 fire warriors-120pts

fast attack
    6 gun drones-72pts
    6 gun drones-72pts
    6 pathfinders-devilfish-152pts

heavy support
    broadside-70pts
    broadside-70pts

ok so the breakdown.
    the commander is completely kitted to survive a hard pounding XD with a 2+AS/4+IS and feel no pain so he will be able to handle any thing. his body guard are same thing except they got 3+AS rather then 2.they will most likely deep strike where they can do the most damage. the troops sit back and do what they doo. i pondered on taking groups of 6 in a devilfish but honestly that makes as much sense as sending a kroot to take out a land raider... the gun drones sit with the fire warriors to help support when enemy gets close and to pin the hardest thing down. the pathfinders unleash their markerlight for all to see. they will most likely be used to take out targets LD so pinning is easier with drones. the broadsides are the true meaning to heavy support. i also pondered on the idea of taking a hammerhead instead but only taking 1 paints a big fat cross on it and besides,2 is better then 1(in many ways yup so there it is. it has no kroots which kinda worries me. should i perhaps take some stuff out for a group or keep it as it is. id love some feedback on the list and your stories about facing space marines as thats the majority of the players. i havnt played my tau in years so im a wee bit rusty. churr guys.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I know that you said that you haven't played in years, but you should really look around the forums for tourney lists. This list is no where near tourney capable. A lot of things have changed for us Tau players.

i pondered on taking groups of 6 in a devilfish but honestly that makes as much sense as sending a kroot to take out a land raider...
    Taking 6 FW in a devilfish is the generally accepted strategy for tournies now because there are so many objective based games now. Firewarriors don't kill much, and get blown up very easily. The devilfish keeps them safe and able to take objectives quickly.

I also have not seen a battlesuit setup like you have in years. Generally (for a all comers type of thing) you want your suits to have range, i.e. missile pod, plasma rifle etc. Not to mention that you want the low AP for MEQ's.

Also, drop the gun drones, replace them with battlesuits.

I seriously suggest you read the 5th edition stickies because tau playstyle has changed a HUGE amount.
    Happy gaming,
    Stroud

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

^ hit it on the head
    "Victory is sweet, blood is sweeter." - Aun'Vre

+ Reply to Thread