<2000 1750pt necron list vs space marines - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

1750pt necron list vs space marines

ok, I'm playing space marines tomorrow and just made a list an hour or two ago. I am almost certain that he is going to bring a land raider and/or predator. And i know he will also have terminators so I made this list to try and counteract his list.

HQ
    necron lord with rez orb and VoD = 200pts.
    destroyer lord = 130pts

Troops
    10x warriors = 180pts
    10x warriors = 180pts
    10x warriors = 180pts

Fast Attack
    5x destroyers = 250pts
    7x scarab swarms = 84pts

Elites
    7x immortals - 196pts

Heavy Support
    2x tomb spyders = 110pts
    1x monolith = 235pts

total = 1745 pts.
    ok the idea here is that the rez lord will go with immortals and they will DS down behind his army and shoot to ribbons (hopefully). I need a lot of warriors because he will have alot of firepower be his side and I need to ensure that i don't PO. Destroyer lord will go with destroyers and shoot at his troops. scarab swarms are there to tie up his tanks or heavy weapons team so they don't tear me into ribbons. Tomb spyders will be behind warriors incase he destroys my warriors with heavy weapons and to also take out his termies and the lith will just GFA at all units within 12 inches and also to take out his troops. thanks in advance. criticism is accepted. I also have the deceiver so maybe I can work him into this list.

Last edited by ThePariah; April 26th, 2011 at 17:44.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ok my first question to you is, do you have more destroyers? The more the better so you can effectively take out his tanks and/or glance them so they can't shoot. I personally think you should trade immortals for destroyers. You should always try to have at least 2 units of the same type. I use the deceiver and he works wonders for me especially when youre dealing with drop pods and termies.

Don't hide the tomb spyders behind the warriors. Use your destroyers to stun tanks then charge up with the spyders and explode them. If you manage to squeeze in the Deceiver, hide him behind the monolith and walk him up. I personally would drop the scarabs since you have tomb spyders. Another trick if you're afraid of your warriors getting raped, just reserve them.
    Egyptian Crons
    (W/L/D)
    23/5/2

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

A few things; First the Destroyer lord would be ultimately useless running with the Destroyers...he has no rez orb and his weapon only shoots 12inches. A better option in this situation would be Destroyer Lord - Warscythe, Phase Shifter & attach him to a squad of Scarabs with Disruption fields; this unit is your anti-tank/terminator unit. I would also drop the Immortals and the Flying Circus, if you aren't going to build your list around it, then its not worth taking. Also splitting your Destroyers into more squads will help with WBB and being able to shoot multiple targets.

Proposed list would look like this:
    HQ
    Lord - Rez Orb, Chronometron - 150pts (This guy babysits the warriors)
    Lord - Destroyer Body, Phase Shifter, Warscythe - 170pts (This guy groups with the scarabs turbo-boosts up and takes out key vehicles and elite units)

Troops
    10x Warriors - 180pts
    10x Warriors - 180pts
    10x Warriors - 180pts

Fast Attack
    4x Destroyers - 200pts (Group your Destroyer squads together don't seperate them on different flanks)
    4x Destroyers - 200pts
    9x Scarabs - Disruption Fields - 144pts (These provide extra wounds for your lord plus when you get to assault range, the lord can break off and assualt 2 vehicles)

Heavy Support
    Monolith - 235pts
    2x Tomb Spyders - 110pts

Do a standard Phalanx with the Monolith, Warriors and Rez Lord. Send the Destroyers down 1 flank together and the D.Lord and scarabs down the other. Wreck his vehicles before he can get to you and then destroy his terminators with your D.Lord who ignores all their saves. Hope this helps.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Azraell, a few questions. Does the babysitting lord join any unit of warriors? Should the warriors stay back out of range or go up and shoot his marines? What should I do with the tomb spyders, go in and attack his marines and/or tanks or stay back behind my warriors and help WBB? maybe i should bring them up with the destroyers and help their WBB. thank you for your help so far

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ThePariah View Post
    Azraell, a few questions. Does the babysitting lord join any unit of warriors? Should the warriors stay back out of range or go up and shoot his marines? What should I do with the tomb spyders, go in and attack his marines and/or tanks or stay back behind my warriors and help WBB? maybe i should bring them up with the destroyers and help their WBB. thank you for your help so far
    For the most part no, he will not join the squads. Unless you get to a point where you really need that squad to survive then, and only then do you attach him. It is too painful to attach him to the first squad that gets assaulted loose 2-3 guys and then have your squad and lord swept by some 5 man assault squad.

Keep the warriors together, within 6"s of the Lord and within 18"s of the Monolith. The Spyders will both pop out a single scarab and then count as a counter charge defending your warriors. Also warrior squads should be more than 4"s apart so that way you cannot get multi-charged. Basically when a squad gets assault hope that it dies to wounds and not being swept use your WBB's then port through the Monolith for an extra WBB roll and then proceed to rapid fire whatever just assaulted your warriors.

But your formation should look like this:
    (Flanks can vary depending on your opponents deployment)

D.Lord+Scarabs_________Monolith____________Destroyers
    _______Tomb Spyder__ 10x Warriors__ Tomb Spyder
    _______10x Warriors____ Rez.Lord____ 10x Warriors

So from the top it should like like spear that moves 6"s every turn towards your enemy with your Destroyers and D.Lord+Scarabs turbo-boosting out to assault some vehicles.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Sorry azraell but you are wrong on a couple of things. Yes you want your lord to join a unit otherwise he will be targeted and killed. If he's in a unit then he can't be specifically targeted. If your opponent is going to charge one of your units just simply move the lord to join that unit. If you're going to have a babysiting lord, give him GoF. If and when your warriors get charged, the GoF will negate the extra attack he would have received for charging you and give your warriors a little more survivability.

The formation looks good but you need to add at least another destroyer so you can break them up into 2 groups so that not only can you shoot 2 different targets but your opponent can't just mass target your 1 unit and prevent them from gettin their WBB.

I would still consider the deceiver. Your destroyer lord is nice and dandy but most likely you will turbo boost turn one the. He will just cruise out on his land raider and pop smoke. If he's bringing a land raider then obviously something assaulty and valuable is goin to be inside. Your best bet IMO is to take the deceiver and hide it behind your monolith. Your warriors and foot lord will hide behind the monolith while destroyers stay at 36" and destroy whatever they can shoot. Your tomb spyders will wait on the flanks like in the diagram waiting to counter charge. If anything wants to assault your warriors they will have to make it through lots of destroyer shots, rapid firing warriors, then the deceiver with tomb spyders.

Try to this through your head, the lord can be tarpitted, T6, 3 wounds. The deceiver can walk in and out of CC as he pleases, has S9 T8, 2 more attacks, 2 more wounds.
    Last edited by Fayt; April 27th, 2011 at 04:41.
    Egyptian Crons
    (W/L/D)
    23/5/2

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Except he will get a cover save for intervening models, but I suppose you could attach him to one of the rear warrior units; I don't know about you, but I don't like attaching my lord to my warriors who I know are about to get charged simply because I have had on too many occasions had a single Broodlord come in and kill 3'ish warriors and then sweep the whole squad. Sorry, I don't want to loose that many points or Rez Orb...keeping your Rez Orb alive is the main thing, if your lord dies just throw in the towl..the rest of the army is going with him.

Also, my "Destroyers" was meant to convey both 4x Destroyer squads...not just the one. Only issues with the Deceiver is he is a LOT of points, VERY slow and really not hard to be killed by C:SM. If you want to go with a Deceiver you will need to drop the D.Lord and Scarabs. What you would do with the extra points, I have no idea.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ok, so I took both your points into account and decided on putting the deceiver into the list so it looks like this now.
    HQ
    lord- rez orb, chronometron 150pts
    deceiver- 300pts

Troops
    10x warriors 180pts
    10x warriors 180pts
    10x warriors 180pts

Fast attack
    4x destroyers 200pts
    4x destroyers 200pts

Heavy support
    monolith 235pts
    2x tomb spyders 110pts.

still gonna go with the "spear" formation but a little change. the deceiver is going to be hiding behind the monolith and we're gonna do the "jack-in-the-box" idea. monolith walks up the field untill it reaches him, moves out of the way and then deceiver charges them and destroys him. only problem is that on 6 inches, its gonna put the deceiver out for 2-3 turns. any suggestions? need replys very fast cus im playing him in a few hours.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

That list looks a lot better to me. I would still consider GoF over Chrono if you can fit it. 6" might not seem very much but when you keep everything behind the monolith, if your opponent wants to get to the warriors the. He's going to have to make it past the deceiver. Give it a shot, I think you will do just fine.

@Azraell if you're doing everything right, by the time something charges you, it should be pretty much destroyed by the time it gets to you. This is where GoF comes into play, reducing the amount of hits you take. The next turn, port yourself outta combat and finish off anything that caused the problem. The deceiver might be slow and expensive but you're hiding him behind the monolith to prevent getting shot at and when he reaches CC he's pretty much unstoppable.
    Egyptian Crons
    (W/L/D)
    23/5/2

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ok, i just realised that i had 25 or so points so i can add GoF. and i am btw. thank you soooo much for your help. im afraid im goin into GW now in a few mins. thanks again. bye

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast