<2000 Help needed on eldar list - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Help needed on eldar list

Hi, I'm looking for help in building my eldar army list. The thing is I honestly have no clue as this is my first eldar list. I dont expect to win every game but I want my list to atleast put up a decent fight.

I wanted to make use of banshees and wraithlords. So my idea was to load up my banshees in waveserpents to use as shocktroops while my slow advancing wraithlords soakup at fire. So here is my list
    HQ
    Farseer (Runes of warding, doom) 95
    Elite
    WraithGuard X5 (Warlock, destructor, Wave serpent, shuriken cannons) 310
    Banshees x8 (Exarch, executioner, warshout, waveserpent, Eldarmissle launch) 275
    Banshees x8 (Exarch, executioner, warshout, waveserpent, Eldarmissle launch) 275

Troops
    Rangers x5 95
    Rangers x5 95
    Heavy
    wraithlord E missile 115
    wraithlord eldar missle 115
    wraithlord starcannon 120

Total 1,495

Last edited by whitewolf1984; April 27th, 2011 at 04:58. Reason: Spelling fail :)
    If the war by heavens gate released desire
    In the line of fire someone must have known
    That a human heart demands to be admired
    Cuz in the center of the universe we are all alone
    Kamelot

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

cool idea. need to make some changes to maybe make it kinda work.

try this:

HQ
    Eldrad 210

Elites
    9 howling banshees 144
    Wave Serpent: twin-shuriken cannons, SS 110
    5 Fire Dragons 80
    5 Fire Dragons 80

Troops
    5 Rangers 95
    5 Rangers 95

Heavy Support
    Wraithlord: bright lance, EML 155

that's a total of 1499 points. the thing is, you need to de-Mech your opponent for the banshees to be effective. with just the wraitlords for anti-tank, you dont have enough reliable anti-tank stuff (that's why i put in 2 dragon squads). you could swap one of the dragon squads for another banshee squad (two squads of 7 banshees) to fit your theme, but IMO you're better off with just one large banshee squad.

i dropped the wraithguard squad because they are way too many points for a unit that doesn't do that much. dragons are a lot better and a lot cheaper.

you want eldrad to fortune your ranger squads to keep them alive/guide wraitlords to kill stuff better/doom whatever squad the banshees are about to charge. plus, with divination you could maybe force your opponent to leave some squads separated from the rest of their army and then pounce on them with the dragons and banshees.

keep your wraitlords back (keep one or two close to eldrad so you don't have to roll for wraithsight) and shoot while protecting your rangers. try to keep the wave serpents alive to contest at the end of the game.

good luck.
    Last edited by eldarkevin; April 30th, 2011 at 07:01.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks!!! I like the changes you made to the list, now I'll just need to purchase some Fire Dragons !!!

One question tho, why are the wraithguard that bad? On paper they seem quite decent (I know there is a diference between sound good and is good) any tips you could share on playing Eldar?
    If the war by heavens gate released desire
    In the line of fire someone must have known
    That a human heart demands to be admired
    Cuz in the center of the universe we are all alone
    Kamelot

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

wraithguard arent bad. the role the wraithguard were filling in your army is better filled by fire dragons, and fire dragons are way cheaper.

when you play this list you will be out numbered by almost everyone you play. you need to leverage your units on parts of your opponents army. DO NOT try to take your opponent head on.

when you deploy, purposefully put your rangers in bad positions where your opponent can easily reach them but must expose themselves to do so. then, use eldrad's divination to move the rangers away to a better position. your dragons and banshees should be positioned/have enough speed to capitalize on your opponents mistakes.

be careful when you get out of your transports. your dragons and banshees are kinda fragile but good at what they do.

you need to demech your opponent. so your target priority should be things that can kill your tanks/wraithlords and then transports.

other then that, it's kinda a trial and error process learning how to use eldar and your units. dont get discouraged when you lose. instead, learn and adapt from your loses.
    Last edited by eldarkevin; May 1st, 2011 at 08:56.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

double post sorry
    Last edited by eldarkevin; May 1st, 2011 at 09:21.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    168 (x4)

i just hope you know how fragile are rangers and the fact you jave just 2 troops
    Hight elf and Craftworld Eldar army project pics heavy: linky

Senior Member eldratch the fallen's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by niraco View Post
    i just hope you know how fragile are rangers and the fact you jave just 2 troops
    Since when?
    Rangers and Pathfinders in proper cover are a real pain to remove without flamers and CC
    I love Pathfinders.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by niraco View Post
    i know how fragile rangers are. i was just trying to stick to the theme presented rather then say screw it and change everything the guy had.

but yea, maybe dropping a wraithlord for 6 jetbikes w/2 shuriken cannons could help with that. what you really need is a troop that is protected in a transport.

you could get away with the list i made though. you'll tie a lot more then you win, and a lot hinges on your serpents being alive at the end of the game to contest. (make sure you realize this before you expect to crush face with this army)

+ Reply to Thread